Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:14 PM   #141
Gamefreak

You can enter it the same time you are able to visit it, speak the same time you are in the area where it is. Just be sure to explore the entire forest area there first, can't still hurt to be better in skills.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #142
Undertaker
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by guestLOL@May 10 2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks. Another question, what level will be safe for me to enter White Tower? Currently Conrad level 5 mage, Baccatta level 4 rogue, and Paulson level 6 fighter.
Your levels are high enough; I managed to finish the Tower with none of my levels being higher than 5 on ferocious difficulty. It's not that hard; it's all about strategy.

I presume you know you can use the two Emerald Blades as an effective weapon against ghosts. Also, you could use the Hand of Fate spell, but it uses up a lot of MP. This means you have to rest for a long time, giving the ghosts time to regenerate. Of course you should use the spell if you're facing three or more ghosts in the same square :P.
Basically, my strategy is to equip Baccata with both the Emerald Blades (regardless of the main character) and have the other to characters use the Heal spell. Don't even bother trying to attack with the other characters.
Lastly, do not forget to make progress in the level as fast as possible to fight the least possible times (the ghosts regenerate after about two minutes).

Good luck!
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 17-05-2005, 09:44 PM   #143
Nightstrike

Hi all!

I keep getting stuck at the Yvel Woods. Everytime I try to get the cube by killing the huge Orcs, I manage to kill some before being overwhelmed by their sheer numbers and getting killed instead. Is there some effective way of killing them?

I use Ak'shel (Lvl 5 Mage), Bacatta (Lvl 5 Fighter) and Paulson (Lvl 5 Fighter). Ak'shel is only effective against them when he has enough magic to cast spells (and that runs out quickly). Bacatta does decent damage to them. And Paulson does little damage and just gets hit a lot. So, killing them is not easy for my group.
Nightstrike is offline                         Send a private message to Nightstrike
Old 18-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #144
Undertaker
Super Freak

Stay away from magic when fighting Great Orcs. But even more important is that you SHOULD NEVER USE BLUNT WEAPONS AGAINST THEM. Blunt weapons include mauls, staffs etc. They barely damage these Orcs. You'd best use swords against them.

Also, try to move through the forest as quickly as possible, to give the Orcs as little time as possible to be 'produced'.

Believe it or not, but these are the weaker verion of the Great Orcs. The stronger version appears later in the game and they can simply not be harmed by blunt weapons.
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 18-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #145
Nightstrike

I finally slogged my way through by facing them while backed into dead ends, healing alot, sleeping to recover magic, and moving when they seemed to have thinned out.

Unfortunately, I couldn't move fast and avoid them because they were so numerous. I had to eliminate that batch first, and move between respawns. Else, they'd just trap me in some open space from all 4 or so sides - then my party would be a goner!

Thanks for the tip - but do you mean to say that these Orcs will always be this tough to handle? :blink: Whew. Looks like I have more slogging to do.
Nightstrike is offline                         Send a private message to Nightstrike
Old 19-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #146
Undertaker
Super Freak

Don't sleep. Run. FAST!

k:

Oh, don't worry about the tougher Orcs. When you face them, you'll have plenty of opportunity to flee and recover!
Old 20-05-2005, 07:40 AM   #147
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

I posted a rather long post the other day, but it got lost during the Abandonia server transfer. Since then I found the answers to some of my own questions. A few remains, one of them is about the locked door (with fancy lock) in Scotia's Castle Level 1 (North West corner). I still don't know how to enter that room. Anybody knows?
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 20-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #148
Gamefreak

Some few rooms in Scotia's Castle cannot be entered. Those can only be reached through cheating, i.e. hex-editing the position of the party in the save-game. One of those rooms, where there are two transparent door-like walls contains a very good two-handed sword that's almost as strong as the strongest two-handed sword in the game.

Old 21-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #149
Undertaker
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamefreak@May 20 2005, 09:15 AM
Some few rooms in Scotia's Castle cannot be entered. Those can only be reached through cheating, i.e. hex-editing the position of the party in the save-game. One of those rooms, where there are two transparent door-like walls contains a very good two-handed sword that's almost as strong as the strongest two-handed sword in the game.
Hey, did any of you guys find a way to open the jammed door in Castle Cimmeria lv. 1? Some people were able to open it, but even today it remains a mistery of how to open it... :angry:
Old 21-05-2005, 02:41 AM   #150
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamefreak@May 20 2005, 09:15 AM
One of those rooms, where there are two transparent door-like walls contains a very good two-handed sword that's almost as strong as the strongest two-handed sword in the game.
Where is this room? Are you talking about the room where the sword of "Doom" something was found? If so, you just need to shoot with bow through the gates at the button on the wall on the other side.

By the way, since I have beaten the game already, I don't think it is wrong to ask for the hex cheat if any of you know how to do so. Just for fun
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi