Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #141
Roxor
Lurker

I'm surprised the number of people participating wasn't higher, since there were random prizes available. I can't wait for the next quiz, this one helped me discover so many awesome old games I havn't tried yet.
The paperboy one was ridiculous, yet awesome. Need more cryptograms!:woot2:
Roxor is offline                         Send a private message to Roxor
Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #142
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxor View Post
I'm surprised the number of people participating wasn't higher, since there were random prizes available. I can't wait for the next quiz, this one helped me discover so many awesome old games I havn't tried yet.
The paperboy one was ridiculous, yet awesome. Need more cryptograms!:woot2:
I think it was really the scale of the contest that scared people away + I think a lot of people amused there would be a lot of entries so the chance of winning anything would be lower. Still, when you see that the average amount of correctly answered questions was 68.4 ... that's pretty damn high for a contest that was not exactly easy to do.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 08-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #143
Foo

Aw, so close, lol. Great job, guys, this was fun.
Foo is offline                         Send a private message to Foo
Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #144
Sarlix
Lurker

I don't think I have ever been into a shop that uses paper bags, apart from greengrocers, they all use plastic....

Anyway Red you thought it was not that hard because your the one who thought of it!

If I was to say to you (weird, spitting, hamster,) could you guess what character or game that refers to eh? could you eh?

Plus I thought this quiz was just about dos games, but you included a mix of dos, Amiga, console, pc ?

/Tries to justify embarrassing score
Sarlix is offline                         Send a private message to Sarlix
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #145
hydr0x
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteveld View Post
hydr0x: Well, i did't google enough then, i concentrated on that "developement diary" and found zilch, so i decided to shoot, i've found out about the contest 2 days before it's end, and was kinda scared i won't make the answers in time.;P
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22pc...r%27s+diary%22
hydr0x is offline                         Send a private message to hydr0x
Old 08-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #146
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlix View Post
I don't think I have ever been into a shop that uses paper bags, apart from greengrocers, they all use plastic....

Anyway Red you thought it was not that hard because your the one who thought of it!

If I was to say to you (weird, spitting, hamster,) could you guess what character or game that refers to eh? could you eh?

Plus I thought this quiz was just about dos games, but you included a mix of dos, Amiga, console, pc ?

/Tries to justify embarrassing score
I'd be curious where you'd find a console/Amiga-only game .

And if someone can get 96/100, it's a sign that making the quiz easier would have meant a lot of 100/100 scores which is something I really did not want since it would have made people feel cheated if they did get all questions right without winning.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #147
Arteveld

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydr0x View Post
hydr0x: Now that's embarasing, two results, one being the quiz..;P I think i only did "pc gamer uk" search, found zilch, decided it was a question for people who actually know the magazine [i've never read it in my life]. Or maybe i did see that result, just didn't click on it. Ah, well, i more concerned about the "paperboy" since i've figured it out 10 hours after posting my answers.

bob-satan: And the only one who laughs is a fellow countryman, figures. Be forwarned, I've heard that causes rain.
Arteveld is offline                         Send a private message to Arteveld
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #148
Sarlix
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
I'd be curious where you'd find a console/Amiga-only game .
I was referring to Alien Breed + James Pond, I had only played them on the Amiga and didn't know they were on dos too..

And Another world I had only played on the 3DO, so presumed.....clearly my lack of knowledge surpasses my ignorance lol

I was surprised at the final scores, 20 people scored in the 80's region!, but how much of that was down to googling I wonder?.... Did the screenshot and cryptograms sections of the quiz see the lowest amount of correct answers?

I thought it was a fun + well balanced quiz, I'm just shit you know I know the answer to 1.1, and I still got it wrong :laugh:

Last edited by Sarlix; 08-07-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Sarlix is offline                         Send a private message to Sarlix
Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #149
red_avatar
Administrator

Well someone managed to answer "f" to an a b c d or e question :weird:. And why are people answering multiple choice questions with "?". Guess! You got 20+% chance of being right!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #150
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
Well someone managed to answer "f" to an a b c d or e question :weird:. And why are people answering multiple choice questions with "?". Guess! You got 20+% chance of being right!
Maybe they tried to be honest?

But answering F is just priceless, or a weird sense of humor, lol.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia