Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #131
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

I love how the TM Chrome Desert Eagle .50AE Hard Kick looks. Question: What's the difference between CO2 and gas in terms of accuracy/energy or whatever?
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #132
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Henning @ Oct 3 2006, 12:18 AM) [snapback]258994[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I love how the TM Chrome Desert Eagle .50AE Hard Kick looks. Question: What's the difference between CO2 and gas in terms of accuracy/energy or whatever?
[/b]
"gas" is the term for a multitude of gases that all originates from different Propane/Butane mixtures.
Depending on the "expanding power" of the liquid when released into 1 atmosphere envoirement, they generate different speeds. Some names are Green-gas (most common) and HFC.
These gasses hold in liquid form around 80 - 120 PSI (Pounds per Square Inch).
CO2 (L) on the other hand hold 600-800 PSI depending on purity.

Quick math sais that CO2 are capable of propelling the bb much faster as it expands more rapidly also from liquid to gas.

Many guns however don't use the liquid other then generating gas at the top of the clip where the "exhaust" is located, and thus increasing the numbers of rounds / refil, but decreasing the power. A normal "gas-gun" fill fire at a speed of 80 - 110 m/s, with blowback-guns generaly lower muzzle velocity and higher consumption / shot.

If you compare it to my granades that run on massive ammounts of LIQUID CO2, that propells 204 shots to 100 m/s in one shot..... That's some power not to play around with, but handle with caution.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #133
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Well, I looked at some shops, most had about 3 times as much gas guns as they had CO2-powered ones. I am familiar with the terms green gas and red gas - red gas is stronger, right?
Lower power is no problem for me, really. As long it's not a sniper rifle or DMR (my favourite type of gun), I couldn't care less about power.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:01 AM   #134
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Nice guns grinder I was looking at the pictures.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #135
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Well.. it seems the g36 is off and a new is inbound..

This is a TM AUG;
PSG1 pres. barrel @ 6.03 mm
Phantom-kit (makes it virtualy compleatly silent)
Marui bipod
a 3-9x50mm scope
600mAh 12v battery
Full Tune Up kit M150 @ 160'ish m/s muzzlevelocity.

Seems like i got myself a decent sniper with the fullauto-option if first shot misses..

tick... damn.. miss... tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tick.... got him
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 AM   #136
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Whoah, Titan - is that the same AUG you had all along? I don't quite recognize it
Jokes aside, that thing looks way cool. Is that silencer/RIS thing the Phantom Kit?

You know, I've had my 23 for more than a week now and I already want a SPAS12.
Out of curiousity, since I dream of building a semi-sniper rifle in the future (when I'm 18 ), have you seen the M4 S-System by TM? It would sure look good with a proper silencer and a PS44 or scope. Any recommendations on semi-snipers that are heavily upgradeable? I mean besides the AUG, I'm not a copycat
Old 05-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #137
Titan
Gnome

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Henning @ Oct 4 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]259332[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Whoah, Titan - is that the same AUG you had all along? I don't quite recognize it
Jokes aside, that thing looks way cool. Is that silencer/RIS thing the Phantom Kit?

You know, I've had my 23 for more than a week now and I already want a SPAS12.
Out of curiousity, since I dream of building a semi-sniper rifle in the future (when I'm 18 ), have you seen the M4 S-System by TM? It would sure look good with a proper silencer and a PS44 or scope. Any recommendations on semi-snipers that are heavily upgradeable? I mean besides the AUG, I'm not a copycat
[/b]
Nope.. that's a NEW AUG i'm getting..
The entire barrel is silenced basicly. Also heavy internal padding and silencing.

Well, as semi-sniper i would got for M14 rather if you will PRIMARILY be a sniper.
If you want to have sniper OPTION, a fulllenght M16 is the choise.

But... for pure sniper, a good started would be a Tanaka M700 gas-sniper. It's Bolt-action but resonably fast to reload.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:21 AM   #138
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Aye, the M14 is the standard-issue DMR, after all. I thought about the S-System though because earlier you said something about hiding a precision barrel of your MP7 in a silencer. Which would after all give an M4 the same barrel length like the M16 without any silencers attached, right?
Anyway, one of my main concerns would be modifying it. The M14 doesn't have many attachment options, has it? I'd need rails for grip, bipod, scope, and a silencer option.
As for semi-snipering, I would be primarily sniping, but I'd need the option of at least semi-auto. If I was to get a bolt-action sniper rifle, I'd need an automatic Handgun. Glock AEP, MP7, MP5k maybe.....
Old 22-10-2006, 08:55 PM   #139
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

Okay, cancel the M14, the position is taken on my "team". A friend of mine made some upgrades on his M6, including something with the body, a precision barrel (but I think more than 6.03), and a new scope. Plus, he got the TM Glock 18 AEP. So, the "primary sniper" position is taken.
Looks like I'm tending to a heavily modded m4/m16. But first, I have to save some money, this is getting expensive as hell.
Oooooh, but what about that SPAS? :w00t:

Gaaah, it's eating me up inside :angry:
Old 23-10-2006, 12:43 AM   #140
Titan
Gnome

Well... the TM SPAS12 and M3 Super 90 are exelent close/mid-range guns, as they have a steady bb-path aswell as the 3 shot-function gives it a bit more chanse of hitting something. They are both upgradable, but well..... 0.5.. not realy an option though.

Btw, the New AUG is looking realy good. It's on the team mechanics table right now, and he seems to be verry excited about it.. seems like i did a bargen. Bouthg it for 320€ but new it would be about 1400€. So if i where to strip it, and sell the parts, i would get more then the 320€.

btw.. the new one packs 2,4 J
About 155 m/s with a 0,20 BB......