Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #121
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

and it continue..

i feel sad for you Luchsen.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #122
Default Help with transfering characters

Great game. Used to play the series when i was a teen and remember the countless hours playing. Back then completed dqk so many times that i could run the entire game without the cluebook maps, was very fun. Good to be able to relive the memories now.

Anyway, I have a problem with importing characters from dkk to dqk. I have completed dkk and when i try to import characters from dqk from inside the game, i get a "no characters found". Both dkk folder and dqk folder are subfolders saved in a single folder called "krynn" in my pc. How do i solve this?

Anyway, I discovered an in-game bug in Dkk. In Ceberus, after you saved the town cleric and he gives you permission to take stuff from the armoury, if you leave some money or items unclaimed (after taking what you want), and do not leave the room, just by walking around in the room back to the entrance you will be able to keep getting a fresh batch of the same items as well as the 800xp. Good way to get gauntlets of ogre strength and mace of disruption for your entire party. The maces are extremely useful against the spectres if you take on Dave's challenge after completing the game.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #123
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Try if there's an install file for configuration, you might be able to set the death knights path there when executing it. Maybe there's also a configuration file where you can correct the dkk location with a text editor.
Another option worth trying is copying the dkk folder to the default location, C:\dkk.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Great game. Used to play the series when i was a teen and remember the countless hours playing. Back then completed dqk so many times that i could run the entire game without the cluebook maps, was very fun. Good to be able to relive the memories now.

Anyway, I have a problem with importing characters from dkk to dqk. I have completed dkk and when i try to import characters from dqk from inside the game, i get a "no characters found". Both dkk folder and dqk folder are subfolders saved in a single folder called "krynn" in my pc. How do i solve this?

Anyway, I discovered an in-game bug in Dkk. In Ceberus, after you saved the town cleric and he gives you permission to take stuff from the armoury, if you leave some money or items unclaimed (after taking what you want), and do not leave the room, just by walking around in the room back to the entrance you will be able to keep getting a fresh batch of the same items as well as the 800xp. Good way to get gauntlets of ogre strength and mace of disruption for your entire party. The maces are extremely useful against the spectres if you take on Dave's challenge after completing the game.
Managed to get it done! haha. I just copied the dkk save files to the dqk save folder, and load the game from tdqk instead.

Old 16-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #125

Hey guys, I just played through the first two games, neither of them required an installation procedure, just downloaded the files and started playing. The files I downloaded from this site for DQOK don't seem to work that way, and when I mount them in DOS-BOX as the A drive and go through the install procedure, it tells me I have the wrong disk in; but none of the files I dl'ed refer to any disks...It sounds to me from reading this forum that there are three disks but all I have is the one group of files from the download. The files I have are:

DQK (app) 440kb
Install (app) 110kb
SAVGAMA.qsv 8kb
Start (batch) 8kb
vaulta.dat 0kb

Am I missing files, or do I need to break these down somehow? Thanks for any help/advice!

---

I found the files they didn't initially unpack for some reason, not sure why. Got it now though!

Last edited by Paco; 16-02-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Old 16-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #126
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

One option is not to run the install at all. Just run the DQK via dosbox. The game runs, altough you'l now only have PC peeper sounds.

Perhaps someone else knows?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 16-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #127
Chris
Abandonia Homie

during the installation you have to change two option:

(2) must be set to Soundblaster
(3) must be set to the folder where the game is mounted in DOSBox (e.g. C:\DARK)

after that the \DISK1\DQK.CFG can be written and soundblaster support is enabled

I did also erase the write protection (ATTRIB *.* -r) before running the installation.
EDIT: you will probably have to do this in windows, if needed - the command is disabled in DOSBox

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 05-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #128
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Great game and the best part was that it had Raistlin, the best character from the books in it. I miss these kinds of games.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 04-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #129
Unregistered (norrinradd)
Default i am an idiot

i could't install the game.
i am using dos box. i mounted 2 drives. a and c.

1-) i copied all files to a:. run install. all i got is "wrong disk insert disk 1"
2-) copied nothing. run install. when asked for disks copied them to a from windows. "wrong disk insert disk 1"
3-) copied only disk 1. run install. "unable to write c:\DQK"

what is wrong. except that i am an idiot.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #130
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Post the exact mount lines you're using.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman