Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-05-2006, 06:01 PM   #121
Merri

I've collected some tips and tricks from here and there and have put up a Tips and Tricks page into my Settlers II site
Merri is offline                         Send a private message to Merri
Old 23-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #122
JJJ

hi,

i've started the world campaign (europe) and now after 7 hours and almost control of the complete map the game just hangs. The mouse cursor can still be moved but everything just stops. This seems to be a bug in the game itself but i'm not sure. I'm using XP directly without sound. Does anyone know whats going on?

Old 23-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #123
novaa

does anybody know where to find new maps???? google finds nothing...

help? pls???

p.s. settlers 2 is the greathest strategy of all time...
end the second is X-com: apocalypse

Old 23-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #124
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by novaa@May 23 2006, 12:40 PM
does anybody know where to find new maps???? google finds nothing...

help? pls???

p.s. settlers 2 is the greathest strategy of all time...
end the second is X-com: apocalypse
try searching for "Siedler 2" - Settlers have large following in Germany

Welt Siedler - http://www.siedler-welt.de/welten/fr_welt.htm
Old 23-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #125
Merri

German sites:
http://www.florian-carstens.de/siedler2/markt.htm
http://jh-isch.de/s2/seiten/mapdownload.php
http://www.nagel-computer.de/nagel-software/maps.htm

Plus my site has a few and a map generator: http://settlers2.merri.net/

And to spoil a surprise: I'm working on a Campaign Editor now which allows to install and create new campaigns easily.
Old 23-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #126

I found out about a week ago that on my pc I can play Settlers II! I always immediately go the the resolution settings when I'm going to play a game, but with S2 it turned out to be a "don't". Couldn't play it for several years, but now I'm back on track with S2! I'm currently busy with the World Campaign (South Asia atm), man I want to take screenshots from my vast empire with my huge amounts of resources in stock.

Merri, I came across your excellent site where I read this:

"Coastal castle fix in the Tools menu allows you to create maps with harbor sites. You can now create your own expedition maps! However, you must replace a campaign map in order to be able to create ships as expeditions are disabled in Unlimited Play mode.

Could you tell me how to implement this? Cause I would really love to play with ships in the Gold Edition.

Old 23-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #127
Merri

A quick guide:
  • Make a new map that has a castle sized locations right on the coast (= access to water in the surrouding tiles of the midpoint where the castle icon is)
  • Open the map in the map generator, do Tools > Coastal castle fix and save the map again. You can now build harbors to the coast castles.
  • Now you need to replace a mission map at DATA\MAPS\MISS_20X.WLD with your .SWD map (200 = first mission, 201 second and so on).
  • Edit DATA\MISSIONS\MISS_000X.RTF file (you probably want to remove all !MET events so you don't get weird messages while playing).
  • !ENABLE_ALL_HOUSES in the RTF file enables to build all buildings.
  • You might also want to add some more people and ware (tools).
Yeah, I know, it is pretty much a hassle and a lot of work and figuring things out. As I already mentioned I'm creating a Campaign Editor that makes all this a lot easier, the target is to make switching to a new campaign a piece of cake and also ease the editing behind a userfriendly interface (no real code to worry about).

If you need the information, I can paste some code from my project that shows what each WARE and PEOPLE are in the RTF files.

Oh, and you can take screenshots. Just press Alt + P and the game takes one. If you'd use DOXBox, you could take screenshots with the regular Print Screen method.
Old 24-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #128
puzzled

i am playing the Roman missions, mission 2, and after i capture the catapult, i can seem to attack anyone or do anything to get further. anyone know what i am doing wrong? i have played the level twice now with the same result. ta

Old 24-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #129
Frenkieee

Wow Merri, you're the king!

I think I'll manage editing the .RTF files. Oooh, I'm excited!

So, Alt+P makes a screenshot? Great! I'm not using DosBox, just playing it in low-res, sounds works great and all so I don't need DosBox. Tried that before, on my previous pc, but it wen all choppy and everything. Maybe that was due to the fact I didn't feel like changing all the settings and everything :whistle:

But now, I'll continue studying. Don't want Settlers II to interfere with that, although I think it won't take long until my concentration slips away to Settlers... :angel:

Old 24-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #130
Riveros

I need some advice on how to keep my best soldiers for attacking because whenever i pay my soliders to train them to a better class they always stay and defend so i end up with my weak attackers attacking... and is there a way to swap what units are stationed in which military buildings??