Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #121
Panthro
Man of Science

I'd recommend to search the castle as much as you can, and talk to all the named NPCs regularly.

Sometimes there is new information after you've done a quest.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #122
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Merci, Panthro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
I'd recommend to search the castle as much as you can, and talk to all the named NPCs regularly.
Sometimes there is new information after you've done a quest.
It is so nice to feel friendly support. Will ask all NPC. Even dialog is as between idiots.
ha ha
BTW these greece letters are for Spells?
Ty
I am playing now but still uncomfortable with the new interface..
.. Must ask some man who is just on my head house way.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #123
Wicky
the little viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
It is so nice to feel friendly support. Will ask all NPC. Even dialog is as between idiots.
ha ha
BTW these greece letters are for Spells?
Ty
I am playing now but still uncomfortable with the new interface..
.. Must ask some man who is just on my head house way.
It's RUNIC letters not greece. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunic
Sir Cabirus would turn over in his grave for hearing this!

Last edited by Wicky; 10-11-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #124
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Don't forget also that in the back room of Nystul's apartment there's a teleporter to his secret room on level 1 under the castle. There you find some more useful runes early in the game and a scroll mentioning one of the 14 secret (not mentioned in manual) spells in the game, together with some minor useful potions.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 11-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #125
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Wow Viking. What a guffe.. Shame for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
It's RUNIC letters not greece. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunic
Sir Cabirus would turn over in his grave for hearing this!

Yes, yes yoga is idiot, nicht wahr?

Excuse me once again but i am just a human not Superman..

Anyway, after yr note i fall down crying all the day...
Silence..

Old 11-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #126
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Don't forget also that in the back room of Nystul's apartment there's a teleporter to his secret room on level 1 under the castle. There you find some more useful runes early in the game and a scroll mentioning one of the 14 secret (not mentioned in manual) spells in the game, together with some minor useful potions.
I will check his rooms.

But Vicky the Viking make me very upset..
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #127
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking 1 level

Hi, I did:
-Meeting with the King.
-Meeting with Dupre, who give me key to sewerage
-Meeting with Nystil and take from his room' teleporter another 5-6 Runic letters.

Because my gaming was slightly lagging, I start the game and then press Ctrl+F12 3 times. The game speed increased.

Well, I read carefully all game history from the beginning. But info is not enough. Then I followed the link which Scatty kindly provided. Dino's help.

If Y dont mind 2 kind questions:

1. I am not newbie in the game. But many things are forgotten.
So:
A. What kind of battle man tactic to accept? Archer or Swordsman? Magician? Or mix from above?
B.Pls advise me bout sack organization? How to collect and distribute the huge stuff I will met? What is more or less important? What means this number of 44?
I am not supporter of such a way: I met some stuff. Take it and start thinking: Hmm, 200 meters from here I met better stuff- to back or forward?
No, I wanna run as bird and from time to time to kill some bad for color only.
DF make me crazy to press button D and click on dead enemy. Then scroll to see hes/her stuff. Wow!

Ah, forget the main news.

My hero is named Paco.
Warum, yoga?
This is bow before the man, who helped me so many time..

If I were rich man, I would send AB at least 500 Euro.
Sadly, this gold from the caves is not accepted in Zurich banks..
Rats!!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #128
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
If Y dont mind 2 kind questions:

1. I am not newbie in the game. But many things are forgotten.
So:
A. What kind of battle man tactic to accept? Archer or Swordsman? Magician? Or mix from above?
B.Pls advise me bout sack organization? How to collect and distribute the huge stuff I will met? What is more or less important? What means this number of 44?
Actually those two points need to be considered while you are creating your character, not after you are in the game already.
If I was you I would create a new character and consider the following:

1. That number 44 is how much weight you can carry on you, either clothing / armor or in the inventory slots and the containers. Strength dictates how much of it you can have so if you want to wear the plate armor later I strongly recommend at least Strength of 25.

2. Magic is very useful in the game, among other being able to repair your armor / weapons without the need to learn the Repair skill, being able to fly with high Casting skill and casting protective magic shield(s) to protect you from damage. So I would recommend to pick either a Paladin or Druid (better in my opinion) again and again until he has Strength 25 or more, ESC key aborts the creation and you can try again. Both those classes have more Mana than other classes except of Wizard, who has more Mana than anyone else but is very weak, and Druid has more Mana than Paladin.

3. Basic skills provided for starting character vary greatly when creating him, ranging from 4 all up to (I think) 12 points. Especially with Druid this is important since he gets either Mana or Casting skill (or both, don't remember) at the beginning. Keep choosing him over and over until he has 10-12 points in those skill(s).

4. And last thing to keep in mind - if one stat (Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence) is higher, another is lower. With Strength of 25 you should have Dexterity of 15 and Intelligence 20 / Dexterity 10 and Intelligence 25 or anything in between. It varies.
Strength affects how much you can carry and how much damage you can deal in melee combat - very useful. Dexterity affects how fast you can run and how far you can jump. Not the most useful stat but still helpful. Intelligence affects how much Mana you get at the start and after each level-up - very useful. Anything below Intelligence of 24 is not recommended. Dexterity of 11 should be more than enough.

So,
STR 25
DEX 10/11
INT 24/25
would be (in my opinion and recommendation) a very good balance. Also most of the time you should (and will) fight with melee weapons. Ranging is not that useful, you need to carry arrows / bolts around and those are heavy, besides they run out and you have to find them first though they aren't that scarce. Pick only one melee weapon of your choice (I recommend Sword, to be skilled later for Black Sword, best weapon in the game) and raise the skill only for this one (increases your accuracy) together with the Attack skill (increases your damage) and you'll do fine up to the end.

Containers can carry limited amount of stuff in them, best are backpacks, chests are good but they both weigh themselves more, too. Bags weigh less but can hold not as many things, also.
Also, if someone in the castle has to say something new to you then speak with everyone in the castle, usually almost everyone will have to say something new.
End of sermon
Old 13-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #129
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Hi, Scatty,
Pls help me in this case:
- I am down in severs - I training with some gay Fissif, then I was badly attacked of 2-3-4(?) headless mummies. No problem.
But Y'now always has one BUT
I reached up-down lifts. To be free when investigate the walls i go down and killed this nasty big frog in the water..
OK.
Now I must open one of two closed gates. They are located right of lifts if y stand before lifts .

Which gate? I suppose that which is far from me and non seen. Yes?
I made about 10 tries and approached that gate, then hurry to press on the right wall on mode Look (eye)- no result. Nein. I fall down in the river- then I back and again..
I must find some hidden switch on the right wall, which will open the gate and I will be able to cont.. Can not do it.. Where is my mistake?

I rushed all the castle and spoke with every person even with guards on duty.
BTW who is traitor?

I have 11 runic letters already. May I make some spell and if yes How?

BTW I wrote a posting before 3 hours and it vanished.

Technical note: I must press again Ctrl+F12 some times when I again start the game?

Not saved this setting for ever. Strange! Maybe 5 D will help?

Thats all.

In small and lovely BG is bed time. The warrior must goto bed.

PC: Yr directions and instruction are carefully written and printed for future assistance.

Sadly I am crazy Fighter - My data are very close to yours shown. Pls let play some hours as Fighter and if I failed will start again as Paladin or Druid. Danke.
Old 14-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #130
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Keep watching the floor plates, in which sequence they raise and disappear. You just have to wait until the two floor plates down to and next to the further away gate are raised, then just quickly run down them and right up to the gate. After that you're safe from falling, you can open that gate and when you're in, open the other one with a lever next to it to save the troubles for the future.
It's quite easy once you've figured out what and how to do.

To avoid pressing CTRL+F12 each time you play the game, set the amount of cycles in dosbox.conf file to 20000-25000, that should be perfect for the game. If you have already more cycles than that, you don't need to change anything.

As for which spells you can cast with the stones you have, it doesn't seem to be available at Abandonia in the extras for the game, unfortunately.
Just download this complete list of spells for Ultima Underworld II (edited by me) from here - Link. It has all spells standing there, hidden and known alike.