Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #111
Mintilicious

Another thing that has kept me confused is the situation where you break into building, and then get shot enough times, and end up with the guy pointing a gun at you. What are you supposed to do there? I always choose the no thanks -option, and escape from the building. Does the other option make you a double agent for the terrorists?
Mintilicious is offline                         Send a private message to Mintilicious
Old 17-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #112
Japo
Autonomous human

You can choose, between losing time while the crime progresses, and freeing one of the arrested agents. At least that's the only other option I remember now, I don't know what they propose as an alternative, if anything, if you haven't arrested anyone yet, but they would spell it out clearly.

But you aren't made a double agent, you just trade something. If you have everything under control, wiretaps in place, etc., maybe you don't mind losing the hours it takes you to escape. Other times you may be short on time, and maybe you can arrest again whoever they traded for you, and even if you can't, it may be the best option depending on the circumstances. It's your call.
Old 18-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #113
flibble

has anyone got the remake sites address as this one: http://geocities.com/fbouthil/
doesn't work.

Old 19-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #114
Japo
Autonomous human

The programmer posted in this thread, look for his posts:

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sea...earchid=742016

Maybe there's something that didn't expire with the GeoCities website.
Old 19-10-2010, 05:26 AM   #115
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Reocities and Oocities didn't keep copies of that page. The Internet Archive seems to have caught at least some of it: http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_1nr_1...com/fbouthil/*

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #116
ServantScope

I know you disabled the copy protection but can you give me a version that has copy protection? According to the manual, violating copy protection will still assign Max to a case...just a very trivial one. And I want to know which one that is.

Old 22-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #117
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I remember having one with copy protection somewhere around here. Will check.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #118
ServantScope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
I remember having one with copy protection somewhere around here. Will check.
Have you found it yet?

Old 23-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #119

It's been asked before in this thread, I know, but what exactly is the point of bugging rooms during a break-in BESIDES being able to see movement? I noticed that in the intelligence section of the CIA building, you can monitor the % of taps in any particular organization in any particular city. Does this % number actually mean anything, though? I've seen it go above 100% before, but I got no idea if that has any real impact, or if it's one of those things that got cut down in the rush to meet the deadline.

Old 24-02-2011, 03:53 AM   #120
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

According to the manual bugs my provide information long after you have left the building. Just like real bugs you get to learn a little bit more about the crime, however it is random and they can be found or expire.

The also as you said allow you to see movement of guards outside of your motion detector range.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86