Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #111
Wastlandwarrior
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jareth_chong View Post
Forget about playing this game. Wasteland was a great and influential game for its time. I used to love this game. The fact is Wasteland has NOT aged well, at all. This game serves its historical purpose. However, I would not recommend it to anyone for today's gaming, unless you want to study the history of gaming and catch up with all the old games.
O supremacy, are you so wrong! This is the game of games, just think of the plot, the development of the characters, the development of the story. Who gives a crap about the graphics or that you must read paragraphs from a paper. This is a fu**ing C64-game. It is all about playability, if you believe it, it is REAL!
Wastladwarrior

Old 18-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #112
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

"This is the game of games"

...Then you only mention story-related things being good.

It's the "game of books" then, perhaps. Not saying games can't have good a good story, but seriously now. The main ingredient of a game is...? Yes, of course, GAMEPLAY.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #113
Lanatir

Default One of the best CRPG of all times.

This game, along with the Bards Tale series and the early Ultimas, is probably the best Computer-Roleplaying Game of all time. I still play it on a regular basis. NO game made after this one has a story that dense and intense. The sense of humour is wicked. Fallout 3, look at this and see how you totally absolutely fail!!!!
Lanatir is offline                         Send a private message to Lanatir
Old 02-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #114
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Are there any patches or remakes for this? Wish there was an Apple IIgs or Amiga version of this game. I hate games where you have to choose between the EGA graphics of DOS or the audio of C64.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #115
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxor127 View Post
Are there any patches or remakes for this? Wish there was an Apple IIgs or Amiga version of this game. I hate games where you have to choose between the EGA graphics of DOS or the audio of C64.
I'm surprised this game didn't have an Amiga version - the Amiga one would nearly certainly have had better graphics and sound!

I doubt there's any proper remakes so we'll just need to play the game the way it is now.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 14-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #116
jholzknecht
Lurker

Default Game Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutch Ghost View Post
Hello all,

I am the person who made the second last post, for some reason my account name was changed into 'GamerGirl' for no clear reason.
I am not even female.

Anyway, reregistered again and here I am.

I have always been a fan of Post Apocalyptic games, preferrably the ones dealing with a scenario taking place after the Bomb (don't care much for magic based stuff)

As I was a big fan of the Fallout games I also wanted to find out more about the game that pretty much 'started' the series.

To bad the sequel 'Fountain of Dreams' was such a different game, furthermore 'psychopathic clows' as opponents?
What were these guys using when they came up with the storyline for this game?

'Escape from Hell' was a complete different game despite using the same engine (I think), so that doesn't count.

I hope we get news soon from Inxile that they have started work on a new Wasteland RPG, I don't mind if it is a remake as I like the idea of exploring Post Nuclear Nevada and taking on the forces of Base Cochise.

BTW, has anyone ever written down all the dialogue in the original game, or downloaded all the stats of the opponents?

The Survival Guide wasn't any better than most of the walkthroughs gamers and magazines made and it lacks this information.

I still would like to see a guide that includes all this information, nineteen years after the original release.
I found this nice FAQ/Walkthough the other day. Best one I have seen, yet!

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/wasteland.html#items
jholzknecht is offline                         Send a private message to jholzknecht
Old 15-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #117
Gondring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanatir View Post
This game, along with the Bards Tale series and the early Ultimas, is probably the best Computer-Roleplaying Game of all time. I still play it on a regular basis. NO game made after this one has a story that dense and intense. The sense of humour is wicked. Fallout 3, look at this and see how you totally absolutely fail!!!!
Only Star Control 2 ranks higher in my book.
Gondring is offline                         Send a private message to Gondring
Old 20-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #118
slavestate

Thanks for posting that walkthrough hehe!
Now I gotta figure out whats wrong with mine. I cant seem to play for more than 15 minutes or so before the game locks up on me.
Time to make a save macro I guess!
slavestate is offline                         Send a private message to slavestate
Old 06-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #119
Malteser60

The best game I've ever played in my opinion. When I first played it, which was a good 20 years ago, I was hooked. No other game has captured my imagination like Wasteland.

I still own the original box, disks, manuals, etc :-D

Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #120
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malteser60 View Post
The best game I've ever played in my opinion. When I first played it, which was a good 20 years ago, I was hooked. No other game has captured my imagination like Wasteland.

I still own the original box, disks, manuals, etc :-D
wow, is the manual different from the one we have on site? or are there more of them?

do you think you could make scans of the box and disks for us?=P