Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #101
Mozillaman

Someone spoke of spending money on youth, how do you do that. Is that the slider thingy where it says youth? If so how can I see how much Im spending?

Great game except I dont think Ive ever been able to turn profit on my team, Im always losing money each month. If I drop the guys with the high salaries I wont win matches and I´ll fall from the league. Currently Im in the 2. league and barely escaped the fall to the 3rd. Im losing about 100k a month and only bringing in about 50k each home match (which is twice a month if Im lucky!). My stadium holds 15.000 max. Im not spending money on training camps, stadium improvements or new players. All Im spending on is player salaries and still Im losing money
Whats the magic way of holding balance in this game?

Lastly how come there are only 2 substitudes possible and not 3? :blink:

Appreciate any help, cheers.
Mozillaman is offline                         Send a private message to Mozillaman
Old 31-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #102
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mozillaman @ Aug 30 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]251927[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Someone spoke of spending money on youth, how do you do that. Is that the slider thingy where it says youth? If so how can I see how much Im spending?[/b]
Yes, it's exactly that one! The mount of money should be displayed right beyond the white bar.
Quote:
Great game except I dont think Ive ever been able to turn profit on my team, Im always losing money each month. If I drop the guys with the high salaries I wont win matches and I´ll fall from the league. Currently Im in the 2. league and barely escaped the fall to the 3rd. Im losing about 100k a month and only bringing in about 50k each home match (which is twice a month if Im lucky!). My stadium holds 15.000 max. Im not spending money on training camps, stadium improvements or new players. All Im spending on is player salaries and still Im losing money

Lastly how come there are only 2 substitudes possible and not 3? :blink:

Appreciate any help, cheers.
[/b]
well, this is basically (most basically) business management. Every investment has a consequence and helps you. Spending money can help you gaining more. Just be sure what's worth the effort and what is not...

Don't know about that substitution-thing, sorry...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #103
Mozillaman

Another thing.
I was barely getting by with 140k in expenses each month (salaries, travel etc.) when all of a sudden it jumped up to 185k a month. Then to 258k the moment I got promoted to 2. division. Salaries=22k, adcost+youth=5k so what am I spending 231k on, traveling? I dont have any loans but my balance is -775k.

Hmm...
Mozillaman is offline                         Send a private message to Mozillaman
Old 12-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #104

Thanks so much for this download link, been searching a lot and nog found it again. I've been playing Football Manager 06 lately but the enormous waiting time after each 'contineu' is ruining all the fun. This classic oldie will never dissapoint me that way.

And when I get bored playing with one team (cause in the end you're just winning the title every year) then I just start up another team right alongside and play with two teams!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mozillaman @ Aug 30 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]251927[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Great game except I dont think Ive ever been able to turn profit on my team, Im always losing money each month.
[..]

[/b]
I didn't hear you about the sponsorship contracts, do you have those? I've been out the game too long to precisely know where it is but it somewehre in the financial overview...

Old 15-09-2006, 05:44 PM   #105
deportivo

Hi guys,

Downloaded the game 2 days ago and am now in season 7th of my third game.

My first and second game started extremely well with double promotion to 1st divisin in successive years, but by the 3rd season, my account has done bottoms-up. Debt of -$2 million pounds. Ended up being relegated back to division 3, bankrupting my club.

I started game 3 with a bit more strategy and took an enormous risk. I realise that i was able to get promoted easily and also i know that gates receipt is where the bulk of my income will derive. Here was the risk i took:

1) I took a $1 million pound loan from the bank at the start of my season in div 2.
2) I spent the majority of the loan on upgrading the stadium capacity to 30000, facilities and condition to "Good".
3) Trim my squad to 14 players only. (Yes, 14 only. I found that positions does not matter. My make my FWD plays as GK whenever my GK gets injured or suspended. The trick here is to train them regularly, as stated in the next point.)
4) Training Camps after training camps.

The season was extremely difficult. Although i was easily on top of the table (due to the increment in skills from the effort spent in training camps), i constantly have to look out for my account and look out for the dateline of my bank loan. It almost gave me high blood pressure/hyper tension.

On the dateline of the bank loan, i was in real panic. I know that i was only 6 months away from the end of season 2, my debt was now -$400,000 after paying off the bank loan - this could mean that i can be relegated straight back to Div 3 even though i may have won Div 2. For the next 6 months, i stopped all training camps, sold off my high wages players and replaced them with low wages ones, suffered hooligans attacks, reinstalling the condition of my stadium (it dropped once. you have to maintain it in order to keep the fans coming to your games.). I further trimed my side to 12 players (YES ONLY 12!!!, but the team was so good by then, it had no problem winning 2-0 even though i started a game with only 9 players.)

Through good fortune, i had a good run in the FA Cup and won it! That gave me the gate receipt of the Wembly turn out (82000 full turn out!) and it saved my season. I was in the black by the skin of my teeth of the last day of the season ($13,000).

I repeated the same strategy in my next season in Div 1. However, this time taking only a $500,000 loan. I did the same thing - add seats to generate income, training camps, a team of 13 low wages players, aim for a good cup run, maintain the stadium. I finished the season on 3rd place, but i was thankful that the stress of staying in the black was not as bad as the previous season.

So the next season, i didi the same thing, taking another smaller loan, and fast forward to season 7 today, i am $1 million dollars in black and winnning championship easily. I have money now to spend on floodlights, scoreboards, seats, covered stands.seats. All this while keeping my squad to a size of 13-14 players.

There you go. I shall post my save game some day.

Am now keeping my fingers cross that the "ask for password" issue will not occur - i do not have a manual.

Old 17-09-2006, 04:07 AM   #106

Is there anyone out there who could help me? I was playing as Watford in Div. 3, second year, and my forward had just scored a hat trick, but the game just freezes, as if it is trying to find an animation or a picture which isn't in the folders. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 17-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #107
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 17 2006, 05:07 AM) [snapback]255509[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is there anyone out there who could help me? I was playing as Watford in Div. 3, second year, and my forward had just scored a hat trick, but the game just freezes, as if it is trying to find an animation or a picture which isn't in the folders. Has this happened to anyone else?
[/b]

That is some bug, try to run again, the game and begin a new game... k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 20-09-2006, 04:16 AM   #108
deportivo

Hi guys,

as promise, i will share my save game. It is the 2001 season. You will notice that it that the account will stay in the green as long as you limit the wages of your players and make sure all your boards and shirt are occupied by sponsors.

The download url

http://www.filefactory.com/file/d0297d/

Old 14-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #109
Ugluuk

SO GREAT

I have been looking for this game for probably 5 years..My first manager game and i loved it..Especially when they run towards each other and 1 runs off with the ball..hehe

Even considered calling a company that i found in a magazine from 1994 who sold it and ask if there was a chance to get one..LOL

Thank you very much for this..I accidently must i say found my old ultimate soccer game and searched on the net and ended up here..

Now im gonna download and play..wohoo

Old 22-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #110
CCAA420
Lurker

HI FELLAS

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE MANUAL ON THE INTERNET?
IT IS JUST A BUMMER NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ON BECAUSE OF THE PASSWORD ISSUE

GREETINGS TO ALL SOCCER TRADITIONALISTS

CCAA420 is offline                         Send a private message to CCAA420