Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #101
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomekk View Post
Remove Fear, level 1 cleric spell Mages have Resist Fear, which also low level.

And I'm from Romania, so just above you on the map, yoga

Ah, Romania!
And I explain, the stupid me, to neighbor how to find Black Sea.
Ha ha ha
OK for Fear.

But my present problem is how to protect this Solaufein and to beat some Umber Hulk and Mind Flayers monsters at once.(Down right after the bridge).
Even I am brave, I do not like the battle duel "face-face". Actually, I am brave Fox.
Have we some spell to change mind of the Drow in question and force him to follow me to safe place?
OR
Kmonster, is it a good idea to place around Drow guards like 2 Aerial Servants, Fire Elemental, new Imoen (false), Invisible Stalker and many summoned Monsters even Skeleton then return to save place and remotely kill the monsters?
Hope You understand my idea.

Is it possible my ladies-healers to heal injured Drow?

Any help is welcome... and volunteers.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #102
Wicky
the little viking

Well Yoga, if you ever find a "potion of magic invulnerability" then for the sake keep it for "Kangaxx"

The strength of this 1x unique potion can't be overestimated. It makes you immune to magic.. not just 1-4level or anything else.. it shouldn't even exist, that powerful it is!

While this potion tries to say "use me, use me now! I'm good" do NOT USE it,
it is really the only way to confront the mighty undead Wizard Lich of the 50th circle, Kangaxx, risen from the dead!

Trust me on this one, Kangaxx will entomb your characters living 10.000 miles under the earth just by snapping his finger. And level 40 mages serve him as breakfast, ignoring them with 0 damage what ever spell they cast at him.
So, get a thief or a warrior use this potion, and if you also have an obsidian dagger+5 (the only thing that can hurt Kangaxx) then you might become a real gamer.

Last edited by Wicky; 04-08-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 04-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #103
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You should be able to heal or buff non-party members.
But I'd just slaughter the monsters as fast as possible, when they're dead they can't hurt any more.
If you prebuff and protect your party with spells like "chaotic commands" it shouldn't be too difficult, those monsters are vulnerable to normal weapons so your characters can use the weapons they're most proficient in for more attacks and damage.

Make sure to buy the useful stuff from the drow merchants in the city, city gates won't be open forever unless you want to live the rest of your lives as drow. You can buy the best weapon in the game there for example, the throwing dagger +3 firetooth.

Last edited by kmonster; 04-08-2011 at 04:37 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 04-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #104
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Well Yoga, if you ever find a "potion of magic invulnerability" then for the sake keep it for "Kangaxx"
The strength of this 1x unique potion can't be overestimated. It makes you immune to magic.. not just 1-4level or anything else.. it shouldn't even exist, that powerful it is!
While this potion tries to say "use me, use me now! I'm good" do NOT USE it,
it is really the only way to confront the mighty undead Wizard Lich of the 50th circle, Kangaxx, risen from the dead!
Trust me on this one, Kangaxx will entomb your characters living 10.000 miles under the earth just by snapping his finger. And level 40 mages serve him as breakfast, ignoring them with 0 damage what ever spell they cast at him.
So, get a thief or a warrior use this potion, and if you also have an obsidian dagger+5 (the only thing that can hurt Kangaxx) then you might become a real gamer.

Danke Sehr, Gnadige Wicky!
No, I do not remember I used the potion You noted. My memory serves me well.
I will follow your kind directions.
(Btw, why every member of AB knows this nice game, only stupid yoga play it for first time?
Probably when Paco the Great, Capo, Master Scatty and Kmonster, Tomekk - the neighbor, twillight, hunvagy etc. played this game, the stupid yoga goes fishing.)

UND
Danke Sehr, dear Kmonster.
Yes, you are correct again. I won this ambush. How:
-Easy. As you direct me I buffed my heroes using the services of my ladies. Then I surrounded this Drow with 5 monsters: 2 Aerial Servants, false Imoen, Fire elemental and a big bear (Sadly I am able to control 5 creatures only.) Then my 2 men - Korgan and Minsc surrouded also the Drow. After that the ladies, almost without magical power, were send after the bridge at save place.
I was located very near to Drow, buffed and ready to help. Last action was speaking with drow when he drows 5 monsters - 2 Mind Flayers and 3 Umber Hulks. Immediately I directed main forces to Flayers leaving Drow and Korgan to depends yourselves.
Nah! They are not so strong as I think. We won the battle. Only Minsc was dead but Ich habe keine Problem because my both ladies have Option Resurrection. Voilaaa. Maybe , maybe the words Blitz Krieg will explain better my tactic.
Pls, with your kind permission I will dare to translate these both words as " Lighting war". But YOU have the right to correct me if I was wrong.
TY
Old 04-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #105
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

yoga, as I mentioned the smith in Amn uses all kinds of stuff. If you have the correct thing or one of a collection, he tells what he can make of it, and what other items you'd need.

As I told, you can either bring all kinds of junk to him (his componernts are sometimes simple gems, sometimes powerfull artifacts), or just check the list somewhere on the net.

It is very worthy to use him, as he can create +5 weapons, dragonscale armors and so on.

Like if you'd go killing that demon, to what the Balor compared is nothing, you'd be very happy with those items.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #106
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
yoga, as I mentioned the smith in Amn uses all kinds of stuff. If you have the correct thing or one of a collection, he tells what he can make of it, and what other items you'd need.

As I told, you can either bring all kinds of junk to him (his componernts are sometimes simple gems, sometimes powerfull artifacts), or just check the list somewhere on the net.

It is very worthy to use him, as he can create +5 weapons, dragonscale armors and so on.

Like if you'd go killing that demon, to what the Balor compared is nothing, you'd be very happy with those items.
OK.
I will became a big container from now for every junk.

Mama mia! I decided to kill the mad prince Kua-Toan and damaged, damaged this one without result!
Maybe it is immortal or maybe regenerate? This monster is perfect chaser.
Rats!!

What a game.
BG2 is definitely more hard that BG1.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 AM   #107
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
OK.
I will became a big container from now for every junk.

Mama mia! I decided to kill the mad prince Kua-Toan and damaged, damaged this one without result!
Maybe it is immortal or maybe regenerate? This monster is perfect chaser.
Rats!!

What a game.
BG2 is definitely more hard that BG1.
1) You could have skip the Kuo Toans if working for the Silver Dragon. Did you saw him/her at least? A magnificient beast.

2) Kuo Toans have no special resistances, so I bet you have problems with the prince while leaving Underdark.
Now as you could know by reading the ingame informations you better get some Tainted Tadpoles from the pool in the same area, and put it into the pool behind the prince, corrupting the source of his power.

PS: it is also fun to sacrifice something to the Demogorgon And I'm not sure wether BG" is harder - but definitly more complicated.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #108
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Come to think of it, the game letting you kill Demogorgon is the single most stupidest thing ever. And the one thing I do not like about BG2. Demogorgon is not "just" a demon for crying out loud.. it's a demon prince of the Infinite Abyss...

"His title as Prince of Demons is contested and somewhat misleading in that in the chaos of the Abyss there are no official titles and positions. He holds this title through sheer power and the fact no other demon has been able to prove themselves his superior and wrest the name from him. Demogorgon is also known as Lord of All That Swims in Darkness."

So yeah, no other demon prince has sh*t on him, but some bastard child of a dead god can. Meh
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #109
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
1) You could have skip the Kuo Toans if working for the Silver Dragon. Did you saw him/her at least? A magnificient beast.

2) Kuo Toans have no special resistances, so I bet you have problems with the prince while leaving Underdark.
Now as you could know by reading the ingame informations you better get some Tainted Tadpoles from the pool in the same area, and put it into the pool behind the prince, corrupting the source of his power.

PS: it is also fun to sacrifice something to the Demogorgon And I'm not sure wether BG" is harder - but definitly more complicated.
Victory, sweet victory!
I killed the mad Prince.
After I damaged and damaged this prince with Aerial Servant, I carefully advanced to support my Servant (Kmonster, You are right I am able to heal my creatures) and see what is situation.
Yes. The f.....d prince heals at every 3-4 seconds.
OK. I sent Korgan to take Tainted Tadpoles and soiled the fluid in prince room. This moment Servant continued the fight. Nice. I repeated the action and after 3-5 seconds prince was killed by my servant.

Q1: I want to battle with Demogorgon.
What and howto sacrifice, pls?

Q2: What is the best food for my commandos?

..and poor Dragon still waits lazy yoga.
(Hunvagy, You still do not answer what is Lord Xeen?)

Tremble, final boss, tremble because the brave approached.
Never mind who or what are you.
Now twillight will say: The stupid does not read the manual and WT.
Listen, mate: If You read a good crime book, is it good idea to open the last page and discover who is the murder? No, indeed.
Well, if You understand that point of view You will understand yoga.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #110
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

I know who Lord Xeen is *shrug* He's the proxy Allamar sent over to the light side of Xeen to subjugate that part while he took over the Darkside.