Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #91

thx for the reply!
yes, they are... could it be that a city has got to be in range of the station too?? because it seems that stations only accept any good when they are near a city... and whenever there's ONLY a factory in range the goods just stay at the station and don't get converted. i think it's kind of strange because like this some factories can't be used at all as there's no city near. but it's the only explanation i could find yet. am i right??

Old 17-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #92
Japo
Autonomous human

Not really, no city is necessary, and what is more I never ever experienced that bug (nor any other). How strange.
Old 18-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #93

That' really strange... i even tried to build the station on the factory square, i tried it with different goods (wood for paper mill/factory for steel/etc.) and with all sizes of stations from depot to terminal. and it was always the same: when there was no city in the range of the station it didn't accept anything...

Old 18-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #94
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Could you upload your saved game? Maybe someone from the forum could check whether he/she experiences the same problem under exactly the same circumstances?
Old 18-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #95
Guest_Sebatianos_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 18 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]261866[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That' really strange... i even tried to build the station on the factory square, i tried it with different goods (wood for paper mill/factory for steel/etc.) and with all sizes of stations from depot to terminal. and it was always the same: when there was no city in the range of the station it didn't accept anything...
[/b]
Just a silly question - at which reality level are you playing?

I think you MUST have the COMPLEX ECONOMY selected, otherwise all the cities will simply buy whatever you deliver without producing anything in return.

Old 18-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #96
Japo
Autonomous human

Ah, that could do the trick. Maybe in simple economy the game ignores factories, I don't know because I only played in complex economy.

Anyway the money you can make out of goods is nearly nothing compared to what you can make out of passengers.
Old 20-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #97

Silly question? silly answer? who knows...
no, thx for your suggestion but as i wrote it DOES work when there's a city in range of my station. but when there's NO city near the factory which i want to convert goods for me then it does not work. the factory only converts the goods if there's ALSO a city in range of my station. i'd like to upload the savegame but i didn't find the savegame file. but even with this restriction it's a great game!!
and thx for your help everybody!

Old 20-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #98

oh, and i forgot... i play with sipmple economy so far. but the factories are not ignored completely... it's only that i need
1. a factory
2. a city
in range of my station to have my goods converted...
ok, and now, enough of that!

Old 20-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #99
Japo
Autonomous human

Okay, before ending this, are you sure you need a factory in simple economy? Have you tried it at a city without factory?
Old 20-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #100
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 20 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]262498[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i'd like to upload the savegame but i didn't find the savegame file.[/b]
If I remember well they have .sv1 or .sav as extension.
Just look for the files that have changed the last day & hour you played, the save games will be among those.