Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #91
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You hide the items with Stars next door to them in your inventory under the bed. And the timer is rather easy to work out and beat, Manannan leaves at around 7 or so minutes and will come back at around 25. If you want to use a walk-through I would suggest simply using it to find out where the items you need for the Transform into Fly or Eagle and the Turn Person into Cat spells are and rush to get them done (you need to turn into a fly to hear something to get max points). Leave the other spells until you have dealt with Manannan.

Or you can collect everything you can and make sure it is all hidden by the time Manannan is due back then wait for him to go to sleep. Once you know what you are doing this game is no harder then any of the other Sierra games, and much easier then Laura Bow 1. At least you can see the time in this one and don't accidentally move further ahead then you want.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #92
The Occupant

If he pops up before you get to the room, then no, no you can't. The only way to be sure to get to the room is to use the teleport cheat. A game that requires you to use a cheat code is a failure as a game.
The Occupant is offline                         Send a private message to The Occupant
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #93
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You don't need to use the cheat code...you need to wait for him to LEAVE THE HOUSE. He goes on a trip as I said around the 7 minute mark and comes back at around the 25 minute mark. The time is on the top of the screen in the original version and on at least one of the remakes.

I have beaten this game before and never had to cheat. It is also one of the two Kings Quest games I like. While I will admit it is a hard game, it is still easy enough to beat. If you are reading the walk-through that I think you are it is a bad one, it will not get you full points for starters.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #94
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

A good walkthrough is a must. Are you using the Magic Map from on top of Mana...nanan's wardrobe? Makes your life far easier. Just keep an eye on the clock, get the ingredients you need to use against him first, and worry about the ones for transforming into an eagle etc for later.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 10-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #95
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Arete you need to turn into a fly to hear something, that something leads to some money that then leads to an ingredient you need to turn Manannan into a cat. Thus for full points you need the Fly spell and Cat spell.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #96
Capo
Unconventional member

The remake is GREAT, play it if you havent
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo