Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #91

Can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong here but I can never seem to get FRIMP to recharge. Anyone else having this problem? I've waited, figuring that would be the "required" several minutes and have actually walked away to give the game several minutes in real time, but nothing seems to recharge the spell. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #92
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I just started to play this awesmoe game, and I already found something new even in chapter 1!
So how to get out:
1. naughty (for naughty mode) - question: what is the difference between normal and naughty? if you don't turn it on, you will just lose some picture, or there are other things too?
2. open drawer, read all (with this you take and read the application and a love note). After your father comes in you should take the appolication again, because it will be droped.
solution 1.) open right window, throw out hay on right window, open left window, jump throu left window.
solution 2.) go north, open tiny door, take potty, take spider (opptional), take grade, enter hole
solution 3.) after you have the potty go south, empty potty on fire, climb chimney, go east (you climb down on the tree)

on the streets:
take flat rock, take rusty key, push miss B OR drop spider on miss B, take rusty key, unlock shed door, open shed door, enter tool shed, wear overalls, go through gate.

dying:
the chapter is time-limited at maximum 41 moves when the dragon-butcherer comes
you can die, if you try to open your roomdorr in the moment your faher do the same
kiss miss B
wait until miss B finds her glasses

I attach the beggining of the 1th day in U now.
You could walk around as you like, but it would be more interresing to do the crucial things. So, as you are a student:
take a newspaper for fun, and some information about a concert (take newspaper, read np, read art), than immediately go to the MH. sit down, wait until the lesson starts if needed, then "take notes" you will take notes continuously until the end of the lesson, no matter what you do in addition until you leave the room, so wait/examine/read all you can for fun.
After it ends go northeast to get an invitation (doesn't need to say anything), then south, sit on chair, cast the appropriate spells, and at the dragon "kill it with the sord". This dream-sequence is very time based, so save before sitting down. Do not abuse the damsel!
Return to the MH. Listen the lesson. Explore all other area. There will be 2 interresting things:
go up stairs in MH to take the "popular book". at the SS will take place a match. And the cooks stop working at the C at 7:30
here is a map for the school:
BC: the Batguard Court (courtyard)

from BC: north: C(affeteria) - north from C: where you made the registration, northwest: I Phelta Thi club (elit students), southwest: Tappa Keg Bru club (wild students), east: MH, south (and southwest from MH): FH, west: FF
from MH: northeast: prof Tickleclock's room, east (and south from prof T'Clock room): SL, and here is a trapdoor (too heavy to lift it)
from FH: east: your college room, southwest: harbor (backing direction is pure east), and here is a door to prof T'clock's daughter
from harbour: northeast: president's house (yet locked), north: SS

what you shouldn't do: cast bip on a lesson, kicking proffessors on lessons, doing seductive acts towards anyone (who doen't want it first), yelling on lessons.

More will come!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #93
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Until leaving the U:
So, we were at 7:30. Go to the Tappa and wait until 8:00. Then wait again, until som guy gives you a box (in boxes there are spells, you know). open the box. Go to the other club. wait until gretchen comes. say yes. go to your room with her. Put gretchen on bed. Search her 2 times, then get key. To spare time go to the dock, unlock door (of the President house if you wander), open it, than enter (go northwest).take another spell box. open it. return to your room and sleep.
Next day pick up all if you want, but only the books (spell, note) will be necesary. Go to your first lesson. When it ends go up (on stairs), grow the statue, climb on it, then take another spell box. Open it. climb down. Listen the next lesson. Cast BIP when said (many times). Go to SS. Wait until it starts - but you will letted go. Very good. go to the MH, cast levitating spell on trapdoor, but as it is too heavy still needs to open. go down, then go through the rooms in THISWAYOUT order. go down. Get box, open box, get out (go on the easiest way, no order restriciton). To get out you will need to open the trapdoor again as previously.
Do remember, that you have an appointment at 7:30 today. Go to the FH, and go up. It is possible to arrive 15 minutes earlier, if you want (and maybe late too, but I didn't try that).
In there sit down, say yes, then wait until the prof goes away. Here is a difference between the nice and the naughty mode. Try it out yourself!
You again can go to the student clubs from 8:00, but nothing will happen. And although you'd to see stars at 11:50 at the BC, but you will be absolutly sleepy at 10:50, so just go to your room.

One interresting things: if on this wednesday you are at BC really early (just after you woke up) the prof will remember you on the dinner.

Thusday:
take your books. Leave the key here, as there will be no more lock for it. Don't know what use have the cigarette pack above that after gretchen slept at you she will mention she took one when she left (on a note on your door, previous day). Go to your lesson. After it go east athan wait. You will be knocked out, and everyone else "disappears" a.k.a. dead. Sit on chair. Die in the dream sequence. No need to rescue the damsel again, or anything. Here are the possibilities for that: climb on a tree, get killed buy dragon, let the damsel die, molest the damsel, open trapdoor at damsel, try climbing down on ivy.
Nothing much to do around, but go to Hillary's room. cast dispell magic, get surfboard, go to the dock, put board on water, get in board, set left dial to 6, set right dial to tick, press red button.

One other thing: the scull on the dock is a collectible item, but to get it you have to put all else down, and I don't know the use of it.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #94
ADaughen

I too am stuck in the backwards time land.. No teensy-weensy waybread. :wallbash:

And I saved over my previous KABBUL - island save...

Any help?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #95
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Check a couple posts back. Same question has been asked in February.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #96
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

or wait till monday - I will play it through (I hope)
the island of the losts are pretty hard, if you ask me, if you're not a borned englishlanguaged
Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #97

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Apocalypse Dude @ Jun 24 2005, 12:49 PM) [snapback]123231[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This is so frustrating, I have an origanl copy of the game including the mamaul and the map everybody is talking about but al I can find are the orginal games disks.
[/b]
Please, pleeease scan it!
Or anyone, is there any way I could get a scan of the real map? That text version is no help at all! I found the restaurant at the end of the world, but I can't do anything there (aside from fail to get the spell box out of the pygmy shark), but I only did that by trying lots of coordinates. And it only proves to me that there are islands I'm supposed to be going to that the text version of the map doesn't show!

I really, really don't want to look up a walkthrough and just put in the next coordinates without having explore or figure it out, that takes all the fun out of it.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #98
Guest_Hentai_*

Harry Potter

Old 10-07-2007, 12:29 PM   #99
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think Rincewind bears a closer similarity...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-08-2007, 04:03 AM   #100
tormentor

Game looks really good but I was put off by the fact of having to rush through the first scene and the fact that every move you make is against a clock. I just wanna explore at my own place. Be cool if you couldn't die in this game.
tormentor is offline                         Send a private message to tormentor