Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #81
omg
Games Master

i bin in a few bands (never made f all money, was high all the time, had a few hangers on) woulda bin cool to make it but there u go, now i jus do a bit o egineering for freinds whose bands havnt f'd up, lil bit o promoting 2, ect..

first thing i did was sing, also learnt guitar an bass (kinda goes wiout saying tho, if u can play guitar wont take u long to get the hang o bass)
an i love mah music software, sonic foundry stuff rules, specially acid (the fastest way to make cool loops an sequance loads of audio stably) unfortunatly its vst support sux donkeys but ahh well, cld be mah system . need a 3 gig monstah at least i think to get stable perfomance from that thing with vst instrumens

altho i do have a copy o magix somewhere, gonna dig it up cuz it is basically logic without the enviroment level an its a lot better than acid for recording due to the way its mixer is set up.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 24-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #82
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

i have a sonic software thing....actually my brother does and i stole it from him... :whistle:

its called SUPER DUPER MUSIC LOOPER...
kinda childish but its cool and easy to use k:
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Old 25-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #83
omg
Games Master

as long as it does the trick is all that counts, as long as it aint ejay, im not gonna sneer, altho i guess even ejay is good for people new to the wondefull wide world of music software, dont stop me hatin it tho LOL, dam construction kits, they detract from the creativity.
Old 25-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #84
iCezolation

Send a message via ICQ to iCezolation

I played keyboard for about 5 or 6 years - after that my Yamaha PSR-530 is standing in my room catching dust I'm using the stuff I've leard on the computer with programs like FL5, Cubase and so on ...
iCezolation is offline                         Send a private message to iCezolation
Old 25-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #85
omg
Games Master

sx im assuming, is definatly a dam cool app, fl5 also on my 2 get list LOL im still on 3, which is a tight vst sequancer i gotta say it can handle a rackmount o the darn things even on my humble 1.1 ghz!
Old 25-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #86
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

I play guitar, pretty badly, I guess, but I have fun, and that's what counts for me
Old 25-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #87
omg
Games Master

its all that counts, as long as u know how to tune it, an play a few chords, the fact that you are enjoying yourself will translate itself into your music k:
Old 26-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #88
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

thats cool!
if youve read my earlier notes...i stink at guitar. :whistle:
i sorta sound like a coyote in a trash compacter when i play!! LOL
I just got done with a practice with my band and im doin awesome at drums though!! k:
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Old 27-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #89
omg
Games Master

stick with the drums man. when you are starting a band drummers can be a pig to find. in this town a good drummer tends to be in 2 or three bands. you cant move without tripping over a guitarist tho.
Old 27-04-2005, 02:33 AM   #90
hanut
Forum hobbit

I play the Tabla pretty well. Im learning how to play the guitar but thats only coz i love to hear the sound of it. Nothing like a little strumming to relax yourself. its really quite soothing. i even managed to come up with a darn good tune! But if you really want to listen to something awesome , you should listen to me playing the tabla. I transferred some of the stuff i did onto the computer and even did a little mod to it. Turned out great for me.
hanut is offline                         Send a private message to hanut