Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2005, 05:55 AM   #31
kain_taka

Just noticed that, after the files were no longer set to read only, it deletes the file! Now I get a "Can't find ./game1" error.
kain_taka is offline                         Send a private message to kain_taka
Old 14-03-2005, 06:05 AM   #32
kain_taka

Sorry to bother you guys. Since I could save with the Female version, I saved with that version, filling up all four slots, then copied the "Oldgame" file and the "Game1-4" files to the Male version's root folder, and I am now able to save! I hope this will help anyone else who's had a similar problem. k:
kain_taka is offline                         Send a private message to kain_taka
Old 14-03-2005, 06:48 AM   #33
kain_taka

Just found out that I was missing the "Nails.vig" file as well. This can easily be fixed by copying the same file from the Female version.
Old 14-03-2005, 07:38 AM   #34
Jenny

Both work fine here! I did have to turn off readonly though!
Jenny is offline                         Send a private message to Jenny
Old 16-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #35
Weaver19

when i dowloaded it all it was was a screen saver :blink:

Old 22-03-2005, 04:00 AM   #36
Dark

I'm confused. I tried to get a boyfriend and a job in the teenage one but there seems to be no possible way and so then i am stuck in it and i get stuck in young adult too when i don';t have a job! it tells me to go the the job icon but i have no idea what it is talking about.

Old 30-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #37
Amaressy

arrrrrrrgh

I can't even get it to run, period! I've tried every .exe file and each one just brings up the dos window for a millisecond...then it closes. I don't get it. Then again, it is entirely possible that I am...

defective...

Old 06-04-2005, 04:17 AM   #38
Guest_Nemesis

Yup, same for me. Does nothing than pop up a blank screen and hang up my system. NOT. FUNNY.

Old 29-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #39

It used to do that for me, i disabled read only for EVERYTHING in the folder and no problems came up *dosbox im yet to try just opening it* but yeah like someone said male is in female and female in male the save also works fine on male.

Old 29-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #40
MattGo

Wow! This is great. I remember playing this back in the day on the old Commodore 64. It took up 3 floppy disks both sides back then! I even managed to find the old manual. I only had the male version back then, but now I played both. I can't believe they got away with selling 2 versions back then, since 90% of the vignettes are essentially the same in both versions.