Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #21
Jay

Yep if the scrren goes black the code is wrong - this happend on amiga version too. it gives you two chances to get it right , you have to enter the code from the wheel left to right like reading a book.

anyhow , i can't for the life of me remember how to get past the guard after escaping cell and going down the lift to the very bottom, any ideas guys n' gals?

Old 08-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #22
mikah

Guys, this isnt working... I just CAN´T make it pass the initial black screen. I try at least 50 times and cannot pass the code wheel thingy.

I´ve tried doing it from left to right, just like said in this forum, and nothing. I got the damned weel printed in all the positions, I got the DOS-BOX installed propperly, and still can´t play the thing.

It just goes to the black screen before I put the code on it... and BTW it run smoothly at least in that part

thanx

Old 12-02-2005, 05:13 AM   #23
Father Blink

God I love this game, and I'm really glad this site has it! I remember playing it on an old Macintosh computer. Still one of my favorite games today. I'm having a little more trouble with it now than I did then, though... =(
Quote:
anyhow , i can't for the life of me remember how to get past the guard after escaping cell and going down the lift to the very bottom, any ideas guys n' gals?
Once you walk into the room with that guard, start firing the gun, even tap the button in the transition, a lot of parts in this game require being fast.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:18 AM   #24
Father Blink

God I love this game, and I'm really glad this site has it! I remember playing it on an old Macintosh computer. Still one of my favorite games today. I'm having a little more trouble with it now than I did then, though... =(
Quote:
Once you walk into the room with that guard, start firing the gun, even tap the button in the transition, a lot of parts in this game require being fast. About the game running extremely laggy on XP, I have the same problem, but when used in DOS Box it runs perfectly fine, but I miss the fullscreen. I haven't had any problems with the code or anything like that, I just press ok.
Don't mean to keep posting, but I didn't see an edit function...About the game running extremely laggy on XP, I have the same problem, but when used in DOS Box it runs perfectly fine, but I miss the fullscreen. I haven't had any problems with the code or anything like that, I just press ok.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #25
Kabanos

Not sure if any body has already mentioned this but you don`t actually need the code wheel. Leave the code blank and ok twice, it starts up just fine.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #26
Wired
Abandonia nerd

This is one of my favorite games ever, Love the ending and it's imo fantastic music... *sniff*
Wired is offline                         Send a private message to Wired
Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #27
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Blink@Feb 12 2005, 06:18 AM
About the game running extremely laggy on XP, I have the same problem, but when used in DOS Box it runs perfectly fine, but I miss the fullscreen.
You know that you can run games with DosBox in fullscreen too?
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 22-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #28
ramo

Was looking for Budokan when found this site. Great stuff you got here! k:
Another World is an old love of mine, it's really great.
I can play it on windows XP and on DosBox, but I can't get the sound working!!! There's something in French and i have to choose 1-3, but none of them gives sound!
Can somebody help?

Old 23-02-2005, 03:52 AM   #29
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Nov 22 2004, 07:01 AM
Actually it's called Out of This World. I had to turn off my Firewall to download it from there, I didnt know we had it. I downloaded it 20 minutes ago.
Actually, I think he's talking about the SegaCD sequal to Out of This World/Another World, which was called Heart of The Alien. If anyone has finished Heart of the Alien on the PC could you let me know? I've made it to the point where you and your evil counter-part are roughing each other up, and he's above the pit with the beast, but can't figure out how to throw the switch and drop him in.
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 23-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #30
ramo
Lurker

I downloaded the windows version from the underdogs and the sound works, but I can't get it to run in full screen, it just blocks. And the window is too small. Does somebody have ANY idea on how to get the sound working (or the windows version in full screen)? Thanks a lot.
ramo is offline                         Send a private message to ramo