Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2004, 03:52 AM   #31
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Awesome! Thanks Tom and Gormash k:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 02-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #32
Garibaldi Biscuit

This was indeed a great game, a bit broken in places ( if you didn't take a certain item from the first two rooms you started in, you would be trapped later on ), but relentlessly gritty and atmospheric. Parts of it puzzled me though;

*SPOILERS*

What happened to the Priest? I was expecting a confrontation with something not quite human but it never happened, surely if he escaped then everything would have been doomed as your 'advisors' said he was on the brink of acension and had plans to destroy the Dreamweb ( or something ).

Perhaps this was subtle groundwork for a sequel, even though Ryan is gunned down at the end, hmmm.....
Garibaldi Biscuit is offline                         Send a private message to Garibaldi Biscuit
Old 02-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #33
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

good job on the diary, as I said you need the info to progress in the game! k:

* * * SPOLERS * * *

I'm not sure about the plot, because I completed it long ago, but in the subway/underground crypts you find some bizarre tentacle monster, which I believe is the being you mean, and Ryan comments that something must have gone wrong for it, because it's dead? Or a I just making that up now? :blink:
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 02-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #34
Garibaldi Biscuit

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact@Jan 2 2005, 01:54 PM
good job on the diary, as I said you need the info to progress in the game! k:

* * * SPOLERS * * *

I'm not sure about the plot, because I completed it long ago, but in the subway/underground crypts you find some bizarre tentacle monster, which I believe is the being you mean, and Ryan comments that something must have gone wrong for it, because it's dead? Or a I just making that up now? :blink:
Ahhh, you could be right there, I vaguely remember finding some trace of the Priest but its been so long since I played I thought it was just his skin or something.
Garibaldi Biscuit is offline                         Send a private message to Garibaldi Biscuit
Old 19-01-2005, 01:13 AM   #35
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

To me it looked like what was left in that chamber was a sort of cocoon. The Keepers said that his plans were "more than the simple conquest of the DreamWeb", so perhaps they didn't care what he did from then on.

This game really sets itself up for a sequel with Beckett's words. He says you will be eternally reborn and walk the Earth again and again.

And what's this nonsense about it "being like the Matrix, but not as well thought out"? I thought the Matrix was one of the most overrated films in recent memory. More so than Episode 1. I remember when I finally saw it, I sat down with a bowl of popcorn, ready to be taken on a ride... About fifteen minutes into the film I was throwing that bowl at the TV. Good god, was it bad. I should have suspected that when I learned that Keanu Reeves was the protagonist.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 30-01-2005, 12:48 PM   #36
Miso.Soup

Send a message via ICQ to Miso.Soup

:help:

How do I get enough free memory for the game, everytime I start it´s saying that it needs atleast 590 kb of memory..
It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
Miso.Soup is offline                         Send a private message to Miso.Soup
Old 31-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #37
Miso.Soup

Send a message via ICQ to Miso.Soup

Not one can help me ?
It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
Miso.Soup is offline                         Send a private message to Miso.Soup
Old 07-02-2005, 06:57 AM   #38
Sollem
Arrow

Its something wrong with the Edens apartament. When i try to go pass the door it wont open and when i examinate them it says "the door will open if you walk towards it" how do i walk towards the door? Iam standing in front of them and it still wont open :ranting: :help: :not_ok: :angry:

Old 07-02-2005, 08:13 AM   #39
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Miso.Soup@Jan 30 2005, 01:48 PM
:help:

How do I get enough free memory for the game, everytime I start it´s saying that it needs atleast 590 kb of memory..
If you check the pinned messages in the troubleshooting section, I think you'll find a section that describes how to set up the config and the autoexec.bat for dos games. To have enough conventional memory all the devises must be loaded high...including DOS. Also games require that the Emm386.exe and Himem lines be added in config.sys like this:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH,UMB
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM
devicehigh=C:\BTCCDROM.SYS /D:OEMCD001

This is how I've got the autoexec.bat configured:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM
LH D:\MOUSE\MOUSE.EXE

To get at the config.sys and autoexec.bat on my system (Win98) I just click on RUN and then type in sysedit.

Sometimes the Emm386.exe requires noems after it and sometimes RAM. These are tricky to configure, but worth trying to figure out as it will help you with all the other old games you want to play. Check to see if any readme files comes with the game archive as they might have tips on how to free up conventional memory to play the game.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 07-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #40
Sollem
Arrow

I reinstalled the game but i still can't pass trough the door to Edens apartament. Is it something wrong with my pc or does it has to be that way? :blink: