Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #51
deadmeat1471
Lurker

Old games make us laugh and cry and imagine and create and smile and frown and be inspired and think and scheme and backstab and die and die and die and die and sometimes win.

New games just make us cry.

-DM
deadmeat1471 is offline                         Send a private message to deadmeat1471
Old 28-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #52
DuncmanG
Lurker

Default I love abandonia

Why I Love abandonia (with sound effects!):

*silence*

Hear that? That's the sound of a DOS game without a home.

*beep* *boop*

That's the sound of a DOS game being played. It's an impossible sound without your help. They don't have DOSBox, but you do. Use it. Download a game from Abandonia - become a hero.
DuncmanG is offline                         Send a private message to DuncmanG
Old 29-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #53
Eleima512
Forum hobbit

I've been gaming since I was a wee lass back in 1987. As you grow up, disks get lost, CD get scratched, and your beloved childhood friends fade away with each and every move, lost in the mayhem of cardboard boxes.
But that fate is no longer inescapable, thanks to Abandonia! Thank you for being one of the best sources for classic DOS games on the Internet.
Eleima512 is offline                         Send a private message to Eleima512
Old 29-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #54
MV75
Abandonia nerd

I like abandonia for the daily quiz.

I like retro games because they are what I grew up with gaming with. Oh how I fell in love with SSI, Sierra and Origin.

Plus the competition ends on the 5th, my birthday is on the 6th.
MV75 is offline                         Send a private message to MV75
Old 29-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #55
hiraghm

I like abandonia because it exposes me to games I never had the opportunity to experience, either because I couldn't afford all of them at the time, or because I didn't have the time to play them all, or because they wouldn't run on my Amiga.

Abandonia also educates me on the history of computer video games and the people who created them.

I look forward to the daily screenshot quiz, because it provides a lot of entertainment in trying to figure out which game from which it was taken, and making me aware of some games I might not otherwise have considered.
I almost always look up the game in the quiz after I get the solution.

Abandonia has been a fixture of my day, every day.
hiraghm is offline                         Send a private message to hiraghm
Old 29-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #56
meveze
Lurker

I love Abandonia because it is a space on the web where I actually can spend hours and hours just exploring the good old games that I have never had a chance to play.
I love Abandonia because I always feel free here.
meveze is offline                         Send a private message to meveze
Old 29-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #57
saibot216
Super Freak

I love Abandonia and retro gaming because let's face it, current generation gaming just sucks. Abandonia is great for when I’m bored or looking for inspiration and just want to try something nice and old. Retro gaming is the best gaming.
saibot216 is offline                         Send a private message to saibot216
Old 30-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #58
sternhammer

Thumbs up

Abandonia is a much loved friend of 12 years, who constantly reintroduces me to even older much loved games and their associated memories. Keeping the flame of retro gaming alive like the passionate 'living museum' curator you are is hugely sociologically important. I raise a glass to Abandonia's next 12.
sternhammer is offline                         Send a private message to sternhammer
Old 30-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #59
Wicky
the little viking

Abandonia is the retro-gaming website which are belongs to us! Whether you just want to chew bubble-gum or so you wanna be a hero, you will always find a forum user doing the three-headed monkey behind you, while the moderators help. Sadly some older members have quit to search their princess in another castle but have found, there is no cake over there. That's why we realized: Abandonia. Abandonia never changes. I wished, that unless our most beloved admin Kosta gets kidnapped by ninjas, Abandonia would stay a while, stay... forever!

Last edited by Wicky; 30-06-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #60
CoarseDragon
Abandonia nerd

Some of the giants have fallen
And we still hear their voices a callin'
Don't worry your head
These giants aren't dead
Abandonia has kept these games flowin'
CoarseDragon is offline                         Send a private message to CoarseDragon
Closed Thread