Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #71
cye
Lurker

Default Battle Strategy

Ahhh yes, I played this game since I was 12...all the way till I was 19, over and over again, each time challenging myself to find a new way to take over china! :laugh:

So what is your favourite strategy?
Basically for me, I love the political route to take over the empire. It's time consuming but it's really fun to take over provinces without losing a single soldier! (As I used to think: Every soldier, even one in a computer game has a family...)

I love to start from sceanrio 1, where the powers are still weak and there's a good possibility of them not being able to expend too fast. (As compared to the other sceanrios). Favourite cities to start as a new ruler in Sceanrio 1: 36 - Lu Jiang, 38 - Hanzhong (Zhang Lu is still not there), 19 - Xu Chang.
It is near impossible to start with having an advisor with 100 intellect, but it's always to get one of your guys to 100 ASAP. This is a vital aspect of the 'political strategy'.

(being that I played this game years ago, my memory could be rather rusty)
If you start in Lu Jiang, the immediate thing needed to do is to spy on Province 33, which would be Taishi Ci's city as well as 26, the city that you're connected to and belonging to Liu Biao The rule goes, once you can start recruiting, always recruit over the governors. That's why it's crucial that the advisor's intelligence is 100 (so that he cannot give false information). E.g.recruit over Taishi Ci and if you're lucky, not only will his loyalthy be high, but he'll also manage to "persuade" his two officers under him to stay (meaning that they don't run back to the home province). It's vital to ensure that "military officers" don't run away, because they would have armies attached to them and at the start of the game, every soldier counts! Even if the military officer is of a low loyalthy to you, all you need to do is strip him of his armies, fire him and then recruit him back at a higher loyalthy. With the "Saved" game option, this should be quite easy. Do the same with Liu Biao's two other provinces. If someone has a loyalthy 95 and above, you have to send forged letters to lower loyalthy. Ithas been proven time and time again that you can recruit an officer once his loyalthy's hit 94, just that the chances of that happening is very slim. I.e. with an advisor with 100, 19/20 times when you select the recruit option, the advisor would say that it would be "impossible". Once you get Taishi Ci, send an advisor over and quickly recruit over Che Zhou from 16 - Su Zhou that is under Tao Qian.

Rule of thumb: If you recruit all the guys over, then there is no way that an enemy can attack you! How would he attack without generals?

For the Hanzhong province, quickly recruit Chang An that should be under Dong Cheng/Wu Xi (can't remember) who's loyalthy is 70. Also send a forged letter to recruit someone from Liu Yan's province closest to you. they might be military officers but getting that province would allow you to recruit his better abilitied generals/advisors from Cheng Du.

if you're in province 19, it's much harder and you have to work reallllllly fast. Always recruit Lu Bu first. Not only does he have 5000 army, having him out of the way is having danger out of the way. If possible, try to get Fan Choy, because he has 3000 army, and Li Ru as an advisor. For Cao Cao, it's hard to get any of his generals, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, because their loyalthy is high, but start targetting them ASAP with forged letters so that you can recruit them over. Same goes with Hai Fu, recruit over his offiers, I think Zheng He is with him (or is that just RTK 2?) But in any case, recruit as fast as you can, as many officers from Dong Zhou to weaken him, because if he's not weak, he'll kill you!

It's always good to recruit over entire provinces, because not only do you get all their soldiers if lucky, you'll get their gold and food too, and you can send them back to your home province to get their loyalthy up plus help cultivate your home province.

So with this strategy of spying (just use military officers as spies, even if they are low in politics, after 6 months, you can see everything on the 6th month) and forged letter and recruiting, you should slowly make your way through China.

Always put 3 civil officers to develope the economy. Use your best civil officers, use full amount of Gold. If needed, turn military officers into civil officers.

At the start of the game, make lots of alliances. Make it with everyone. Why? So that you can ask them for help. The trick of asking them for help is asking them for a percentage. The game runs on percentages, let's say that asking up to 15% of the gold in hand would be allowed, just do that, and keep to that percentage as you drain the rulers around slowly for gold and food (or in the case of Ma Teng, Horses). Normally, they wouldn't ask you for help, you could reject them, but the thing is that each time they help you, their hostility will drop, so it's like you take their generals and advisors causing the hostility to increase and then you take their gold and food and cause it to drop.

Once you surround an enemy, always persuade him to surrender. If you have more army, he will surrender. It rocks to have Cao Cao, Sun Jian, all on your team! (And you'll get all their sons too!)

If the king refuses to surrender. Attack his castle with a so large a force that he'll flee to a near by province (that you deliberately left empty with zero food and gold) which you will attack next, and being that he has no gold and food. He woudl surrender and you would execute him.

if he has soldiers and you want to decrease it, send people as agents for him to recruit, for him to give soldiers to and once they got half of his forced, recruit him back!

In this slow way, you will conquer china!
cye is offline                         Send a private message to cye
Old 27-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #72
Shoelip

Send a message via MSN to Shoelip Send a message via Yahoo to Shoelip

How do you increase a character's intellect? Or anything else for that matter.

Also, I'm assuming you recruit enemy characters by sending one of yours to whatever city the person you want to recruit is at without soldiers. Is that correct?

Finally, on the first screen of city info with population and everything on it, what's the bottom bar that says PS stand for?
Shoelip is offline                         Send a private message to Shoelip
Old 15-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #73
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

You increase intellect by giving books to deserving officers.

You can search for people to recruit in your own provinces, and also send someone to recruit a specific officer in another ruler's province. The person you want will of course expect something to abandon their currrent service.

By the way, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI is going to be available as a download, in English, for the PC, starting September 9th. It's going in the US for $20, which is pretty cheap. KOEI has the details on their site. Demo is out, too.

Last edited by Borodin; 15-08-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 21-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #74
rotikue
Lurker

Default request

anyone has romance of three kingdom 9 (rotk 9) for pc...

can u guys upload it,plsss...thxx
rotikue is offline                         Send a private message to rotikue
Old 21-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #75
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No. Abandonia does not deal with warez.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #76
cjk1995
Forum hobbit

Default spam

This is my favorite strategy game. So, I have all series.
cjk1995 is offline                         Send a private message to cjk1995
Old 22-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #77
nda Deris
Default ???

I can play even i dont hv dosbox, but the game run in black & white.Can U help pls?

Old 22-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #78
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Run it using KOEI.COM . If that doesn't help, use DOSBox to run it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #79
jasonmloh
Forum hobbit

Talking

PS stands for Popular Support according to the Manual. It has a maximum value of 100.
jasonmloh is offline                         Send a private message to jasonmloh
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #80
Unregistered123
Default how to run the software?

Hello, we are using windows os now.... how to use the rtk III coz it will appear error/not compatible when run at command promt..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henrik View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)