Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #141
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

The redistribution of abandonware is illegal. It's a simple case of copyright infringement - but a non-prosecuted crime in the vast majority of cases.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #142
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpedisex View Post
This is my favourite game

I wanted to know if anybody knows what's the "legality" to redistribute this (or any abandonware) game, so I want to include it on a linux distribution

I know some things about the Kalisto enterprise: it has closed long time ago and all the workers has almost dissapear, so... what's the legality/license/permissions to redistribute this game ?

If anybody knows, please reply

Thanks
no, you don't want to redistribute it on a linux distro. you will most probably get pulled off (unless it's an underground distro)

linux distros contain only and only free and open software, and that's the magic behind it!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #143
baardes

can someone help me i need to give a code when i start the game otherwise i cant play

Old 14-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #144
adim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsky View Post
Yeah, i heard about Pinguin Editor, but i can't find this program.
Wow! Something like this exists!?
This is the best platformer ever.. difficult yet very fun to play!
adim is offline                         Send a private message to adim
Old 23-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #145
McDeath

Those little guys were featured in an amiga game called "Tiny Squeaks." On the pc it went by another name. The game was more of a puzzle game than this appears to be. Yet I see their white gloved hands, fleshy feet, and colored fluff(fur) puffballs standing in this game.

HOTO has the pc version in the puzzle section somewhere. I can't recall its name.
McDeath is offline                         Send a private message to McDeath
Old 23-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #146
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeath View Post
.... I can't recall its name.
Moby knows:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/brainies

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #147
jasam01
Lurker

I've been looking for this game for years...

If i recall, didn't the copy protection inviolve cheicng a MASSIVE table for a password?

Was todays screenshot, even if it said answer was wrong, it let me rememebr the name <3
jasam01 is offline                         Send a private message to jasam01
Old 09-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #148
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasam01 View Post
Was todays screenshot, even if it said answer was wrong.....
Nope, it isn't todays screenshot.
Screenshot is from another game, there is a difference, a small detail, but you can easily see it.
You'll have to wait till tomorrow for the 'detail', we don't wanna spoil the quiz , oh no, we don't.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 27-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #149
Weavaloid

Send a message via MSN to Weavaloid

For the people who want this game in English.
You just have to go to run LANG.EXE and once you select your langauge.
Type in AAAAAA as the password for the game, it works for me and I'm it right now!
Weavaloid is offline                         Send a private message to Weavaloid
Old 28-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #150
Best player of FOTF
Smile Secret Levels

Hi everyone who loves Fury Of the Furries, I always loved this game, I play it since I was 3 (now I'm 17). The thing is that I love when I enter the secret parts of the levels. For example in first level (desert) to enter to the secret part you must cross through the big palm and then you dispel appearing in the secret part.

I have some questions, because I want to know if someone has reached to all secret parts. I founded a way to look for all secret parts. You have to play the version Pac In Time, which is nearly the same, and use the trainer (don't know the name, but you can find it if you search for it in google). The trainer has a trick, you can skip a level or return to the previous level. You can do it when you are in a secret part, if you press the skip key you can see a different secret part, and if you press the return key you will see the previuos secret. The thing is that skipping and returning have a limit, sometimes when you skip a secret part the game crashes.
The good thing is that I discovered more secret parts, and I tried to find them while I play the levels.

Some secrets need to be opened to go through them, like munching a place or shooting to a block. For these you need to change to the correct furry, but sometimes you don't have the correct furry. To solve this problem, you use the "add furry" key (using the trainer), which are F3, F4,F5, F6 as I remember.

I discovered a lot of secret parts in mountain levels using the skip/return key, but didn't find how to reach to them through the entire levels. Some seems to be really hidden.

If someone has reached to mountains secrets parts please help me!, because I ever wanted to know how to reach to them.

BTW, if someone needs help with passing a level I can help you, as I know a lot of this game and know how to pass every level and every part

Hope someone read this...