Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
BostonGeorge
Game freak

If anyone is stuck in the game or need help here's is the No.1 reference
on the web:

http://www.jaelus.com/thesummoning/

Hasn't changed for decades though but it's the best site for the game and the owner is very friendly and will handle all requests

ps. i think java/javascript should be turned on for the menu.

Last edited by BostonGeorge; 19-03-2009 at 10:40 AM.
BostonGeorge is offline                         Send a private message to BostonGeorge
Old 04-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #12
Guasuki

This game is so awesome and pretty frustrating... I love it :'(

I want another game like it! With today's tech it would be out of this world.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
BostonGeorge
Game freak

Oh yes it can be extremly frustrating but it's not impossible.

BTW some people wanted to do a dungeon-siege mod with "The summoning". It did look really nice but I think the cancelled the project but you can still worship some of the beta screenshots here:

http://www.jaelus.com/thesummoning/ts-ds/index.html
Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
Guasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGeorge View Post
Oh yes it can be extremly frustrating but it's not impossible.

BTW some people wanted to do a dungeon-siege mod with "The summoning". It did look really nice but I think the cancelled the project but you can still worship some of the beta screenshots here:

http://www.jaelus.com/thesummoning/ts-ds/index.html
Damn! That site is almost as old as the game X'D

Is there any other game like it? Please not the one with the vampires or the one before this one...

Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #15
BostonGeorge
Game freak

Have you checked this thread? --> "Any Dos RPG similar to Diablo?"
Old 27-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
keropi_666

here is the cracked v1.2 update of the game, no more docs needed!

http://rapidshare.com/files/35672853...2_updt-crk.rar
keropi_666 is offline                         Send a private message to keropi_666
Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #17
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

We shall test this asap

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 29-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This game WOULD be good, but the controlls are awkward.

To fight you have to face the enemy directly, and as the screen is diagonally placed, it creates difficulties. Aslo the enemy tends to walk in a certain pattern until it hits some obstacle, what makes things even harder.

Manaregeneration although exist, is ultimatelly slow. But you want to cast spells. And at the same time wield two weapons. As there is delay on everything. So this is what makes you attack full time.

At the beggining is seems if you choose the pool for attributes, you get 80-99 statpoints to spread. That means you have a much better start with creating a character of your own then picking one offered.

Weapon-profficiency at the beggining worth squat. But according to the manual you will need hacking weapons and polearms, so I vote on those. Also getting at least Average in axes makes life at the first spiders much more easier.

Oh, spiders: I encountered two kinds: slow and fast spiders. You can not run away from fast ones, and both poisons you. What is helluva annoying, especially that noone tells you that rubies are for antidote, and the fact that you have only 1 ruby...

Confusion also can happen when you walk to walls! Damn annoying.

Magic is easy to upgrade. The worst thing is, that you find spells from wizardy, healing and sorcery. So the good choice is enchantment.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 30-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

QUESTION: On Begginer Level 2 in the room with the two talking mouth is a round "keyhole". There doesn't seem any more doors on the level, nor I know what would fit into the keyhole. Anyone?

HINTS: BG1-2 are streightforward. Just visit everything. I've chosen the NE-passage at the beggining being a begginer.

Unlimited healing: you need an empty potion to create a healing potion and NO gem. After you drink a potion, an empty potion will remain at you. And mana DO comes back after some time. So no dying for low supply.

Creating other potions: have a gem in your hand, and an empty potion in the other. Cast liquifying.

Always push away corpses to check for items dropped. Spiders never have items it seems.

Dropping equipment (as backpackspace is limited): just click on the throw icon (rightmost yellow icon - can have different looks).

Free throwing skill upgrade: unlike for melee skills upgrading throwing do NOT require a target. So just stand before a wall, throw ANYTHING (like chests) on them, pick it up, rinse&repeat. Good practice-time is when you wait for mana regenerating.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 30-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #20
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

More HINTS:

On the level you first encounter pits, do NOT fall into the first pit (marked with skull-pole). That is a DEATHTRAP, meaning there is no way out.

Fighting tips: you CAN have negative(?) health - for a second or so. If you manage to drink a potion during that time - good for you.
Polearms (two handed weapons) therefor sucks. The equipment-management sucks, so you better use one-handed weapons in case you need a drink - you can whack the enemy further.

There is a moss-like enemy. Shoot is down, because it autopoisons you, and your antidotes are barely enough against spiders.

Amulets, and other temp-boosters suck. So just cast it / wear it immediatelly you find them (or keep the better ones to the moment of miniboss-fights).

Despite what the manual says, bodyarmors do not seem to broke. So just wear the best.

Weighting down plates can be done most of the times with anything: rocks, remains of mana-flowers... Also with dead bodies (I managed to find a plate I could only keep down this way).

Oh, some pressure-plates only activate if you press down other plates, so be aware of that.

Although you find plenty of chests, so you'll have room in your backpack, your strenght (even if it is 20) still force you to drop equipments. Useless ones (it seems): magic-scrolls (take a look at them before throwing them away!), chewed mana-flowers, all kind of rocks, apple-crad (= chewed apples).

Stats:
Most important is strenght (20).
Agility is also a must-have to not be slow (I suggest 15+).
Power and Talent makes magic usable, so put as many points there you can afford too (20/20 if possible).
Endurance and Accuracy sucks. Although at least 8 is required in Accuracy even for melee weapons, or you won't hit anything, despite what the manual says.

Spells:
Poison: sucks. Cost tons of mana, deals low damage.
Freeze: handy, but later on you'll be able to afford not to use it. Still good for escape.
Flaming arrow: better use this than a bow. (Oh, arrows don't seem to break too.)
Liquify: the basic must-have healing.
Restore: do NOT memorise even one of this! It can only be cast if you loose endurance from fatigue, and that never happens!
Magic Wall: maybe later it'll have purpose...
Sight: (never tried)

Oh, a bug maybe: if you teleport into a place what is occupied by an object (rolling ball, tossable thingy etc.), the object will be destroyed, never to return!