Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #121
Spookyd

After reading some of this thread, I downloaded and started playing again, its soooo addictive but frusterating when somthing competely out of the blue kills you, i just have to keep learning and tryin' though.
Spookyd is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyd
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #122
Robsie
Forum hobbit

The most frequent cause of death of most of my various characters, without counting some random stupid things, is starvation or death from eating something trying to solve his starvation.

Each time i am out of food, strangely every creatures that are potentially eligible as food turn to be either food killing my character on spot or food poisoning him etc... while in the beginning those creatures that seemed to be the same type could be eaten by my characters.

I heard about wishing, but each time starvation hit the spot, my character is far from the time wishing is a possibility.
I read prayer sometime can help, but if it helps it is only once, as after that it does not work anymore.

Are there ways to fight starvation without being of very high level or is it just one of those random things created to kill characters unless you exploit some kind of game mechanism ?
Old 20-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #123
digitCruncher

I play Slash'em, but it is so similar to Nethack, I guess my question can go here...

Anyway, I would LOVE to play races such as wizards and priests... except I can't cast spells.

I mean, I play my game, cast my spells (and sometimes not), kill creatures... and when my back is against the wall, I decide to unleash a storm of magical powers. So here goes nothing... I cast Force Bolt

Wait.... whats this 100% fail thing?

For some reason, my spells seem to CONSTANTLY increase in thier fail chance. Not only that, but I can't seem to be able to learn new spells (They ALWAYS, without exception, have a 100% fail chance). So my question is simple: What do you do to get that fail chance lower? I tried practicing my spells, I tried not using my spells, I tried reading the spell book over and over and over ... but I cannot, no matter what I try to do, get the fail chance to decrease. In fact, it just steadily decays at the same rate!?

Help?

(PS. Slash'em is an interesting game... if you are not gnomish, or dwarvish, you will have a hard time surviving past Dlvl 4/5, when you emerge in the Gnomish mines (Not 100% sure if that is in Nethack, but I don't think it is)... hundreds and thousands of Gnomes and Dwarves which usually hate you if you are not Gnomish or Dwarvish )
digitCruncher is offline                         Send a private message to digitCruncher
Old 21-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #124
Morrin
Underground

Isn't Nethack freeware, not abandonware? I mean, I don't mind it being here but just saying..
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 21-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #125
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

That's why it has the Freeware tag.
Old 23-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #126
wakeup

you just got me... will waste tomorrow on it!
wakeup is offline                         Send a private message to wakeup
Old 30-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #127
chainsoar
Master Debater

Just in case the super old-school graphics interface bothers anyone as it bothers me (OK I'm a new school kiddie, so sue me), check out the Vulture's Eye or the Falcon's Eye, which are basically isometric remakes, the Falcon's Eye being especially graphics driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 31-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #128
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I was totaly driven by atmosphere to try this one but graphics and pushed me away. I hope someone(developers) will use this control system on better looking RPG in the future.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 05-09-2009, 03:21 AM   #129
Numenorean
Default Fullscreen

I can't play this game in fullscreen on vista for some reason. It says "this system does not support fullscreen mode." It works fine on my other comp, which runs XP. What gives? Can somone help me with this, it's very annoying.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 AM   #130
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numenorean View Post
I can't play this game in fullscreen on vista for some reason. It says "this system does not support fullscreen mode." It works fine on my other comp, which runs XP. What gives? Can somone help me with this, it's very annoying.
Works fine on Vista for me. Did you download the Abandonia version of the game? Looks like you have the DOS version, if that's the case try DOSBox.

Last edited by zirkoni; 05-09-2009 at 08:36 AM.
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni