Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #311
Talkie
Forum hobbit

Ok,

I just redid Level 12 and won at 0.10 seconds, and can confirm that the timing ends at the moment you kill Jaffar. All the part after doesn't seem to count in the score (which is calculated exclusively by the timing, no bonus if you found this or that number of potions).

I think that if you reach Act 2 of Level 12 you are ok even if you reach 0.00 min. I'm only babbling this for those desparate like me who reached near the end with no time. I got pretty stressed. I think if you start level 12 with 3 minutes left you're fine if you don't do mistake and go fast. Going faster must mean you're an expert.

Cheers,

Talkie

(by the way, in previous post I said Level 11 was hard, that's cos there is some stuff to figure out that took me a while, chances to take, and a guard that's pretty close to a jump you have to make. That one made me fall very often, and there is no issue even when you hang to that ledge. But obviously Level 9 you won't beat in one course. It's less about how hard it is that how it requires study of what went wrong in the first couple courses where you'll make a LOT of crazy detours. So maybe it's equal to 8 and 11 in difficulty. Level 12 is the most vertiginous, and perhaps the most fun. Depends if you enjoy guards or not. They just annoy me. I love the high jumps.)
Talkie is offline                         Send a private message to Talkie
Old 10-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #312
Talkie
Forum hobbit

Well welll well, here I am many days later, and I have finished this game
at 18.00 (meaning there was 18 minutes left).

I found the mac version somewhere (macintosh garden) which is at the same time way more beautiful and more boring (the prison walls are always gray).

This game functions like an adventure game in the sense that you can take weeks to do it the first time (without or with very little help), and then afterward you can do it pretty fast because you know where lie the dangers and you have learned a good rhythm for movements. By then I find that replay value is in playing it the fastest possible, without saving.
But the first time is really about exploring and saving. You won't be able to do it without saving if you are new to this (you can only save from Level 3). Also, my suggestion to the beginner is after you saved a level, keep a copy of the save file (Prince.sav) in another folder, and try redo the same level faster. Or reload the save after you died too many times, you really need to keep up with pace.

Cheers,

Talkie

PS: Oops, the version here (DOS 1.0) might also have all the prison walls gray. I was playing version 1.4. Prison walls colors are important in the way they make you feel you are in another part of the palace.

Last edited by Talkie; 10-12-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Talkie is offline                         Send a private message to Talkie
Old 12-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #313
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

there are some shortcuts in previous levels - like going through ceeling and running most of the whole level. and in that way avoid all the jumping and fighting. add a few jumps to running to make it even faster... and you can finish certain levels in less than a minute.

some shortcuts mean you don't get potions for extra energy. but if you are good at fighting you don't need it anyway...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 11-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #314
Mousazz
Game freak

<Note for all the newbies> A life upgrade is an upgrade which boosts your max. health. They're mostly found in secret places, and take a form of bigger health potion

List of life upgrades:

1. In level 2 there's some ledge near the end of the level which you can climb up to the upper room. On that room there's another ledge you can climb on, and on that ledge there's a life potion. The ledge is surrounded by spikes, so you have to walk and climb down using <shift> key.

2. In level 3 on the ledge with the button to open that door which is far away, instead of heading back, jump right. You'll end up on a bigger ledge. There's an unstable ceiling tile. Break it and jump up. Then run on until you see 3 of those trap doors (I'm talking about the doors that close and open, cutting you in half. Behind the trap doors is the life upgade..

3. In level 4, at the start of the level, if you go to the left, open the gates on the next room and go through them. Then go through the next gate, jump down and go to the next gate. The button to opening that gate is far below, you need to break the unstable floor tile (run over it). After the gate, behind the trap door is the life upgrade.

Note: forget about the life upgrade in level 5, because it's impossible to get. The dark prince always drinks it before you could get to it. It's possible to get it in prince of persia classic, because there's only one trap door, and with the prince's arsenal of moves, you can close the gate before the dark prince gets it and take it.

4. In level seven, when you get to the gap you can't jump across, (the one on the right of the map), go down one level, and while avoiding the traps, go to the room with the bridge. But don't climb up! instead, climb down. after you climb completely down, run and jump to the left. There, avoiding the gap, go until you find the crumbling floor. Go down and take your upgrade!

To be continued...
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 18-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #315
xigbartheing94
Lurker

Default help

can you tell me ethe key to attack?
xigbartheing94 is offline                         Send a private message to xigbartheing94
Old 18-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #316
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think it was SHIFT.
But you need to find the sword first.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #317
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Nice game

I finished PP1 for 38 minutes with no hurrying.
Jaffar is poor enemy for me.

Off - Try Lord Xeen )
:cheesy:
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 25-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #318
Mousazz
Game freak

(kidding about the newbies :thumbs: ) Anyways, I just finished the game! yep, at 15 min. left. It was pretty cool. Especially with all that memorising.

9. This life upgrade is near the end of the level, at the screen with the green potion (you must pass through this screen, so you'll know). Go up the ledge, break the higher floor and go left. The red life upgrade is there.

11. You'll start in the screen with the life upgrade, but no way to get there. Get up, jump right and break the ceiling at the columms (It's the only ceiling that doesn't break down. ALL others do). Get up, go left and go down the end. Drink the life upgrade, jump left but HOLD <shift> key. It'll seem like the prince jumps down successfully, but he'll slip.

12 act 1. It's actually the dark prince, and the only life upgrade you must take. Once you'll meet him, sheathe your sword and run into him. Then, once you stop flashing. Go right through the gap. A miracle happens.

Hope it helps (It makes fights SO much easier). :amused: Good luck
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 10-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #319
0gmo
Lurker

A speedrun of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=0gmo&view=videos
My current highscore ever is 43:28 left.. It's my favourite game, I love it
Enjoy..
0gmo is offline                         Send a private message to 0gmo
Old 10-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #320
Capo