Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #111
MacCentris
Lurker

Hi, just wanted to let you know that if you are a fan of the Zorks, I have made a board for nothing but Zork gamers, it is a true home for Zorksick people

Take a look around and don't forget to sign the Zork Petition to bring the Zork games back!
http://www.petitiononline.com/zg15/petition.html

This is the Zork Game Archive message board:
http://zorkgamearchive.proboards43.com/

:brain:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marzen @ Jan 6 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]273642[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Recently, i got a laptop. It used XP, and could run DOS games perfectly. I got dos box anyway, cause Star Con wouldnt work without it for some reason <_< ... And, lo and behold, it still didnt work. I then used Dos Box, after seeing you all talk about it here. Instead of the orb guy showing upblack bar a[ for 1 second, he didnt even show up. appeared for a second. and the people didnt make any noise, like before, but didnt move fast, which is a start :P... still the background music, though.

SO... ANNOYING :wallbash: ... I WANT TO PLAY IT! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO FOR YEARS :angry:

Oh well, ya cant get everything <_<
[/b]
Hi, in my message board, there is a step by step explanation on how to run Zork perfectly
with sound/music and all for windows XP and DOSBOX

sorry, can't post it here.... the message is exclusive to my message board because after all; I was the one who discovered how to get it to work

the setup proccess is a little different than the default setup, for example I will teach you how to make a shortcut to run RTZ (through DOSBOX) directly from your desktop, and how to use an exclusive RTZ configuration file (called zork.conf)

http://zorkgamearchive.proboards43.com/
MacCentris is offline                         Send a private message to MacCentris
Old 28-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #112
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I have got the hang of DOSBox, at least part of it though it hasn't solved all my problems. I've yet to try RTZ on it .
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 14-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #113
adamfrancuzik

Exclamation Can I still use the original CD?

Too bad we can't download it here. I never got to finish this game when I was a kid. If I find it, I was wondering if any of you know if I can still use the original CD? Would it work on ScummVM?
adamfrancuzik is offline                         Send a private message to adamfrancuzik
Old 14-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #114
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfrancuzik View Post
If I find it, I was wondering if any of you know if I can still use the original CD? Would it work on ScummVM?
As it's not listed on ScummVM's compatibility list: nope.
http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php

Good news is: it runs fine in dosbox-0.72.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 14-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #115
orieac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
As it's not listed on ScummVM's compatibility list: nope.
http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php

This game was recently added to ScummVM. So it is not officially supported, but it is completable. (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/MADE)
orieac is offline                         Send a private message to orieac
Old 31-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #116
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I proved I wasn't crazy. I grew up playing the Mac version, and I remembered the actors being full motion video whenever they spoke. So I was disappointed when the DOS version just had a couple animations for the actors and just their mouths moved. I finally got to try out the Mac version again, and it's just as I remembered with full video for the actors.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 31-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #117
Saccade
[BANNED]

I would be interested in finding out more about the Mac version of this game, Maxor.

www.macintoshgarden.org doesn't seem to have it and I'd love to play it through with FMV.

That'd rule...
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 01-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #118
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I downloaded the .img from there before they ran out of bandwidth. Actually it's a torrent to an img. I think I deleted the torrent though. Their img didn't work anyways. It still asks for the actual CD for me. Oddly, it loaded if I had the DOS CD in, just didn't play the movies. I don't know if burning an image of the CD will work.

I wanted to make a video to show differences, but I need a good video/audio capture utility that will work with Basilisk II. Fraps didn't work and I could get video to work with CamStudio but not audio, and the video exported weird when I tried compressing it.

I'm interested in checking out the console versions now to see how they compare.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #119
Saccade
[BANNED]

Are you running on a MacOs emulator, or on a real-live, honest to betsy Mac?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #120
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I used Basilisk II. It will run the same on a real Mac minus all of the crashes I got when I clicked out of the emulator. The screen transition movies might work better on a real Mac too. I noticed they moved too fast to be noticeable in the emulator.

I couldn't get the Return to Zork image file to work because it still asked for the CD. But I own the real CD so I used that instead. Took a while to figure out how to get the emulator recognize it. I think I had to run the emulator as Administrator in Vista so the CD driver would work.

The characters talking and all of the crystal ball wizard segments are completely FMV whenever they talk. The DOS version seems to have a mix of FMV and basic animated mouths that reminds me of South Park. I tried capturing a video demo of meeting the rye guy since that's what most people remember, but had trouble capturing the audio.