Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #41
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I remember I was in favor of deleting all the 0 or 1 post wonders a few months ago... That would probably place the member count back to what? 1000 max?
If the member count will continue to increase, there might be some policy on pruning completely unused accounts after some time, but One-Post-Wonders still have a chance at becoming normal users.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #42
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

But how can you decide who is not active?
I mean, you can do this only if there's a way to check the last time a member came here. It was possible on old site (forum only), is it possible here? (forum + site)
Old 27-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Good question - and one I'm not quite sure about yet.

The user filter in the admin panel still works, but seems to be bugged. Like, it claims The Niles hadn't logged in since his registration when in reality he announced his return on the board a few weeks back. (evidence is right before my eyes).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #44
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Yeah I remember, but maybe it's because he posted before the site changed. (you can see our bugged quotes)
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16047
Old 29-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #45
jg007
Super Freak

I have been busy with other sites recently but I will have to say that I am not really in favour of the new site so far, The chatbox is probably the biggest omission at least for me, although I didn't post in it that much it was always entertaining to read

the other problem I seem to have is that it keeps logging me out so I keep on having to log in again which is a pain.

I know I havent been on here for as long as others but it is probably only because I joined before the change that I still look here occasionally as it does seem a lot less welcoming although that is not aimed at the people just the overall site design.
jg007 is offline                         Send a private message to jg007
Old 06-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #46
chilpillwill

Default redesign

I wish they would change back to the old site, especially for the music section - you cant download them anymore, you have to listen to them on that abandonia frequency thing which is very faulty and i dont like. I think the redesign looks ugly and primitive and if it is the case that they are still working on the cosmetic side of it, then why put it up when its not done. I vote to change it back!
chilpillwill is offline                         Send a private message to chilpillwill
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #47
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilpillwill View Post
I wish they would change back to the old site, especially for the music section - you cant download them anymore, you have to listen to them on that abandonia frequency thing which is very faulty and i dont like. I think the redesign looks ugly and primitive and if it is the case that they are still working on the cosmetic side of it, then why put it up when its not done. I vote to change it back!
Primitive? First time I've heard that. Truth is there are some things that are better about the new site. They don't get mentioned much, however. The speed of downloads seems to be much better. It may not be as visually appealing to some and there are some bugs still but I am getting the impression that Abandonia is positioning itself to move into the future with things (resources) that weren't possible before.

The body of the car might not be as flashy yet, but the engine feels more powerful.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #48
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

1)Where are the forum profiles, and ability to edit those easily? I can't find it in normals ways, and therfore I have to enter through a thread.
2)Fan Section. Where did it go?

Hey, otherwise I love the site... except the entire "Trying-to-get-back" part.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #49
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

and in explorer it still looks stupid because the text is waaaaaay down there instead of next to all the links and pics (i.e. guess the game). after all this time site still hasn't been propperly maintained for the most popular or most used browser.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 07-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #50
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
and in explorer it still looks stupid because the text is waaaaaay down there instead of next to all the links and pics (i.e. guess the game). after all this time site still hasn't been propperly maintained for the most popular or most used browser.
AB Visitors / Browsers:

IE -> 46.56 %
Firefox -> 45.77 %
Opera -> 4.98 %
Safari -> 1.62 %
Mozila -> 0.75 %
Netcape -> 0.09 %
etc.

If screen resolution is 1280 by 800 px AB looks fine in IE.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano