Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM   #131
WendyMann
Game freak

Hello Sal and Jasmin and others,
Thanks a stack for all your help which enabled me to now finish the game. It was great fun (and tough in places).
It was a devil trying to figure out how to use the crystal ball, but perfectly logical when you finally know how (thanks a lot to you both, Sal and Jasmin).
I will now be able to finish the walkthrough during the coming weekend, including a listing of "fortune" (value) and merchandise. Looking at all we discovered between us during the game, I can account for almost maximum fortune, and 28 merchandise points. I even figured out tonight how to carry the 90kg gold nugget plus everything else!!!
I would have to replay the game to be able to do a points list! Maybe I will do so when I have had a longish break.

SAL OR JASMIN or anyone else : where did you find the dwarves gold dishes, please?
Many thanks. Regards, Wendy.

WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 10-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #132
Jasmin

Hey Wendy, I think I found the dwarves dishes on a table where the dwarves sleep (in the left room from the "first portcullis" I hope you know where I mean. If not just tell me and I try to explain it again. Please Wendy help me finish the game :-)
Bye Jasmin
Jasmin is offline                         Send a private message to Jasmin
Old 10-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #133
WendyMann
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasmin @ Oct 10 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]315586[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey Wendy, I think I found the dwarves dishes on a table where the dwarves sleep (in the left room from the "first portcullis" I hope you know where I mean. If not just tell me and I try to explain it again. Please Wendy help me finish the game :-)
Bye Jasmin
[/b]
Hi Jasmin, Thanks a lot, I will check this out (re the gold dishes) on the game itself tomorrow evening (it is getting late!). I appreciate it a lot.

With regards to the elves and the enchantment, perhaps you/we may have already finished the game, and the elves maybe are not meant to appear? I will get a further indication tomorrow after I have added up my list of the "fortune" points on my calculator at work. However, my/our final points-score (using Sal's saved-game to be able to enter the Sarhuls room and then finish the game), was 660 out of 725, so yes, maybe we were suppose to communicate with the elves too before crowning ourselves. Sal (and I) was surprised that no people appeared for the final scene - so maybe we do still have to find out how to use the crystal ball to communicate and call them!!!

Incidently, if you carefully read the final descriptions/story info after automatically going up to the throne dressed in your kingly robes and crown, the info seems to be telling us that there is much more to come in future - I think the manufacturers/programmers intended to write a sequel (Armaeth 2 ?) but I presume they never did - maybe the company closed down. Or did they in fact publish a sequel, and we need to know what it was called so we can obtain it?

Regards, Wendy

WendyMann is offline                         Send a private message to WendyMann
Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #134
Sal
Game Wizzard

Hi Wendy and all,
Just got home and a quick visit to the forum...Wendy I got the dishes in the room to the R when you come down the path from the secret entrance. You can't see the room it just looks like rocks but it turns out to be the dwarves mess-hall I think with emphasis on Mess!!....Funny but the game led us on to think that there was more to it than there really was. I loved the levels one & two quite challenging. The first part of level three was good too but its almost as though the originators of the game didn't know how to finish it off properly...Regards SAL

Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 11-10-2007, 04:05 AM   #135
WendyMann
Game freak

Hi Sal, Glad you are back. Thanks for your message and the info re the dishes. Much appreciated. Yes, I missed the mess-hall, I will look at that tonight after work. Much appreciated.
With regard to the ending, now I have had time to ponder over several things, I agree with you and Jasmin that there is more to it. If I think of the info re using the crystal to communicate, plus the "flat" / disappointing ending, plus the score of only 660 out of 725, then I definitely think we have to find the secret of the communication (before crowning Killian), plus the non-appearance of the rest of the dwarves (if there were guards, there must be more dwarves somewhere), and I suppose the elves will appear too if we find out how to communicate with them. Maybe we have to communicate with the dwarves and with the elves!
Perhaps the answer is in the kiosk-room /crystal ball room, as you guys said earlier. It has magical walls! When means maybe they help to communicate, or perhaps are concealing yet another secret entrance / door? And / or some further use of the talisman?
Will tackle this again on the weekend a bit (but my housework is also overdue!).
Best regards, Wendy
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #136
WendyMann
Game freak

Hello Jasmin, I see you are logged in. I have been trying many words this evening to try to "communicate" using the ball, but so far no luck!
Regards, Wendy
Old 11-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #137
Jasmin

Hey Wendy, bad news, I didn´t come any further, too unfortunately. I just thought of the opening of the game. Well you can see pictures of Minas, Prytwen (the thief) Killian and Armaeth. Well all of them except Armaeth appear in the game, though I thought that maybe Armaeth will appear in the game too? It would be so cool if he broke the enchantment and crown Killian as the new king, but I think this isn´t gonna be to happen. Wish you much luck to find the remaining points.
Best wishes, Jasmin
P.S. Please tell me if you work out something new
Old 11-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #138

Hi Jasmin
I doubt if Armaeth would appear, the game seems to imply he is long dead (I think), although it definitely would be cool if he appeared.
I have posted the problem about using the crystal ball to communicate with, on the forum at mrbillsadventureland (the site where the walkthrough is), so we will see if someone on that forum or this one comes up with the answer. I will also keep trying.

Hello anyone,
If anyone can help us with the last part of the game, after getting the crystal ball, please post onto this forum re the solution / correct actions to be taken. We figured out how to "read" the crystal ball, but cannot figure out how to use it to communicate - or if there is something else to do, before ending with the crown-sequence.
Please please help!!! :wallbash:
Many thanks,
Regards, Wendy

Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #139
WendyMann
Game freak

Darn, I forgot to log in before posting the above, so it shows me as being a "guest". Oh well, never mind.

Points score: using Sal's saved game, and going on from there, and adding in the points for some items Sal had dropped, I (we) have got totals of:-

660/725 score
18250 points/18720 treasure (which includes having found out how to carry the 90kg gold nugget)
28 /(don't know correct maximum) of merchandise-value

So, if we look at the score (short of 65 points, which is quite a lot) and the treasure (short of 470 points), then we are definitely missing something important - I am sure it is to do with our not being able to use the crystal ball to communicate with.

Oh well, we will keep trying.

Please help, anyone!!! Thanks, Wendy
Old 12-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #140
Jasmin

Hey Wendy, I saw that the emerald is still in the lava, Maybe it gives you some more treasure points or it is needed in some other way. If it wasn´t important, why is it that important to Minas? Well if you look at the emerald the description says that is is magicial and made by the elves. Hm, it was just a thought of myself,that it COULD be of some more need. By the way, did you work out what to do with these obejects: Whip, shovel and pitcher? I have no idea. Okay, thats all for now. Best wishes, Jasmin