Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #131

Don't use temples for healing. Haggle and buy two packs of Rations (14) for each member and then camp until fully healed. Cheaper and restores you to full health. Sleep at an inn for bonus stamina.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #132
Vodeni

You can also use herbal packs before setting camp (there's more than enough of them to be looted from corpses or caches. Or you can just buy them, they're pretty cheap anyway). Or you can sleep at an inn, that way your stamina recovers fully. Drink some alcohol for faster healing (the drunk condition).
Vodeni is offline                         Send a private message to Vodeni
Old 26-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #133
Zerqent

This game is working with both dosbox and VDMsound in my experience. Been running it on both XP and in Linux.

General Windows Tip
I have actually managed to get Krondor working without using vdmsound/dosbox in windows xp. The trick is insterting emm=RAM in c:\windows\system32\config.nt .. Save and perhaps a reboot.

On thing I experienced with VDMsound though is that you need to tweak it a little. I used the latest version + the "hidden" update to it + vdmslaunchpad. If I recall correctly either dosx or dpmi have to been turned of. I also experienced problems when I tried to run the game with "Sound Blaster Card" setup in Krondors config. If VDMSound crashes because of this, just pick Midi or something. The music is actually better in this mode
Enabling CD-rom support for cd-music might cause the game to have to little memory though :/

For Dosbox it should be working out of the box. Just start a default configuration..
mount c c:\dos (or whatever dir you wanna keep your games in)
mount d d:\ -t cdrom (if d: is your cdrom)
Go to D: - install.exe - configure sound and install

c:\Dynamix\bakcd
krondor

(If you do it this way you can also enable cd-music if you have the original cd )
If Krondor complains about low memory, you should try again without mounting the cdrom.

--
Betrayal at Krondor is by far the best computer game I have ever played. It also lead me to read the fantastic books of Raymond Feist. I am a veteran of the game, having pretty much done everything possible in the game, and completed it yearly for about 11 years or so. So if anyone want to discuss some in-game stuff I am sure to be of help
Zerqent is offline                         Send a private message to Zerqent
Old 10-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #134
Svend Karlson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zerqent @ May 26 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]291484[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Betrayal at Krondor is by far the best computer game I have ever played. It also lead me to read the fantastic books of Raymond Feist. I am a veteran of the game, having pretty much done everything possible in the game, and completed it yearly for about 11 years or so. So if anyone want to discuss some in-game stuff I am sure to be of help
[/b]
I rank it in my top 3 at least, one of the very very few games I've ever replayed after completing, I think the only game I've ever completed more than once.

I had read the Riftwar saga just before playing the game, which I think enhanced the experience considerably.

Masterpiece.
Svend Karlson is offline                         Send a private message to Svend Karlson
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #135
sewen

Game musics can be obtained from here > http://www.queststudios.com/quest/bakcd/bakcd.html
(it's in ogg to listen it separatedly or burning it on cd)

And for easing the game, here is way to get a cheat patch, with all saves maxed, from this page > http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Cavern/1947/

As it's mentioned on the second link game went freeware after Return to Krondor was released. From the same place can be also downloaded full version with everything stuffed in. And also on the same place is described how to configure it in the pure dos and probably in dosbox as well.

I love sierra approach :brain:

@rallier
wasn't it this?
Quote:
Try this:
Open the file "config.nt" in c:\windows\system32\ an add the following line:

emm=RAM

Then, open the properties of the file "krondor.exe", change to memory and select "Automatically" for EMS.

This should work![/b]
sewen is offline                         Send a private message to sewen
Old 28-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #136
Forfeit
Forum hobbit

Thanks a lot for this game. I have the original Betrayal at Antara, and I liked it a lot when I was younger. Yet, everyone I talked about it said Betrayal at Krondor was the original and was much better.

Now I see why they said it. The graphics arent as good, but the story is awesome. So, thanks for helping me get this game.

BTW, the game is hard as hell. Also, I solve most of the wordlock puzzles by pure luck. How the hell am I supose to know the answer is sieve?
Forfeit is offline                         Send a private message to Forfeit
Old 30-08-2007, 06:30 AM   #137
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Demeanor @ Aug 29 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]307330[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
BTW, the game is hard as hell. Also, I solve most of the wordlock puzzles by pure luck. How the hell am I supose to know the answer is sieve?[/b]
If you are familiar with hex-editing, all you need to do is to find with a hex-editor one or two words of the wordlock puzzle in the biggest file in the game's folder (forgot what the name of that file was, but it's the biggest one). The answer is always located right after the according puzzle itself.
Wordlock puzzles are piece of cake (or pie, if you prefer) after that.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 30-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #138
Forfeit
Forum hobbit

Hunm, thanks for the tip. I have some experience with them when I tried to make some mods for Morrowind. I guess I can do it.

Do you think they are really worth it? Some of the boxes I opened didnt had a lot of good stuff inside it. And as much as your idea is quite good, I would feel like I was cheating.
Forfeit is offline                         Send a private message to Forfeit
Old 30-08-2007, 11:52 PM   #139
Vodeni

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Demeanor @ Aug 30 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]307839[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Do you think they are really worth it? Some of the boxes I opened didnt had a lot of good stuff inside it. And as much as your idea is quite good, I would feel like I was cheating.
[/b]
Well, in a way, it would be cheating. Some chests contain really neat items - such as spells which you would be using for the rest of the game, or weapons (there's one in chapter 2 with a really good sword - especially for that part of the game), or various gems and equipment which you could then use to buy other stuff. But the riddles assume you have good knowledge of English - some are really hard to solve. So it's up to you weather you want to "cheat" or not.

Cheers!
Vodeni is offline                         Send a private message to Vodeni
Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #140
BabyFlem

Those word locks are simple...no need to cheat...use your head. there is no satisfaction in cheating
BabyFlem is offline                         Send a private message to BabyFlem