Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2007, 05:45 AM   #221
Kurt

[font=Georgia] Well, it's not working on my pc dude!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #222
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Well, thats bad dude!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #223
nozdrva

I cant belive i didnt play this game when it was fresh, LOL. I heard that you have to use the mouse and thought i sucks, couse it can play DN3D perfectly well on keyboard only LOL. What a nub! xD

So, its funny how all this "games discussion" comes to "troubleshooting"... Me have ingame problem , on level 6, where the phat mob takes your dog, i got to a big room, with no roof, the dude stands on some kinda rock, and throws his minions on me. I cant get trough, i killed i guess everyone in that room for 20 times at least, and cant figure out how to progress further.

Does anyone knows?

edit: NVM, got past it today
nozdrva is offline                         Send a private message to nozdrva
Old 12-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #224
Arrinaos
Lurker

Hi guys, I'm sure none of you has the problem with this game which is occuring to me from time to time --> this game actually disable my mouse and the "Enter" button!! I have WIn 98 and when I sometimes play this game for a while, suddenly I recognize my mouse is malfunction. It just turnes itself off, which it never does itself (i have an optical Genius type). It's laser just flashes when I click the buttons on it but nothing more! I need to restart the whole computer to take it back to process. And this operation also isn't easy for along with the mouse I can see is also Enter button disabled. It will also be fine after restart. This happens only if I play MDK none other game or program or process or some other muck will do this. Have you any ideas what the hell is causing this malfunction? I like my old computer and I don't wan't to devastate him with these restarts but mdk is also one of my favorite old games so I want to play it anyway... On my second faster computer with winxp i can't run this and this comp just isn't so fast to use a dosbox
Arrinaos is offline                         Send a private message to Arrinaos
Old 13-08-2007, 07:04 AM   #225
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try using a generic non-optical mouse.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #226
Wizmic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]230782[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am getting a message when I try to load it.

Quote:
Error opening MISC/MDKFONT.FTI[/b]
When I try opening MDK95 it opens an MSDOS window then closes it.
[/b]

Hello, you must put the mdk directory straight off the c drive

eg

c:\mdk

and NOT c:\games\mdk

Old 15-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #227

For those who have the MDKFONT.FTI error when running in DOSBox, I've figured it out.
A file was installed called MDK.CFG which tells the program where to look for the game data.
Since you installed from Windows, the paths are valid in Windows. This might not be how your drives are mounted in DOSBox.
Simply open up MDK.CFG in a Windows text editor, and change the paths to represent where the root MDK folder would appear in DOSBox. Then go play k:

Old 16-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #228
connick

Despite all of the uninformed conjecture, I've owned this game forever and MDK certainly stands for Mission: Deliver Kindness. I have the manual somewhere. I'll try to post a scan of it.

Old 17-08-2007, 12:48 AM   #229
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(connick @ Aug 17 2007, 01:22 AM) [snapback]304960[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Despite all of the uninformed conjecture, I've owned this game forever and MDK certainly stands for Mission: Deliver Kindness. I have the manual somewhere. I'll try to post a scan of it.
[/b]
did you read the posts above?
Old 19-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #230
sambuca

i would not use winzip to extract this. i did and it wouldn't work, just kept cycling me back out to my desktop. use winrar, once i did that everything worked perfectly.

summary: winzip [NO]
winrar [YES]

xp sp2 is what i'm on. fun game.