Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #311
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delance @ Aug 1 2007, 03:11 AM) [snapback]302207[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
But just standing there and doing nothing (not waiting, not moving) counts as time? Maybe I should try that. :bleh:
[/b]
Sure ! Dune is a real time game, so if you, for example, while playing, decide that it's a good idea to exit with the friends to eat a 'pizza'... forgetting the PC on... when you return Harkonnen have had all the time to taken Tuono-Harg, Tuono-Timin and all the fremen working as spice harvester in this sietches

If someone is wondering why this example is so precise.... simply happen to me one of the first time that i've played Dune about 15 year ago

As for the specific problem, about a quarter day (morning, afternoon etc) or less more is required to accomplish the request of Jessica. Therefore you can try, but i doubt that this can solve the problem

Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 01-08-2007, 03:53 AM   #312
Delance

A couple of other users reported the same problem, it's just odd.

Anyway, on a different subject: the music is all weird on the Dosbox. I don't know why. How do I make it sound like the good old Dune Music?

I have a DOX player for the Adlib files, and it sounds just like it used to.
Delance is offline                         Send a private message to Delance
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #313
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Change the emulated soundcard to Sound Blaster Pro.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #314
Cold
Forum hobbit

This is one of my favorite games, I played it hours because I love Frank Helbert books. I got the ISO too.

I gonna leave you a trick (dunno if it was said because of 20 pages, sorry )

After you conquer the Emperor base, if you don't want to enter but you go and spent a day, returning you will see that this magnificent palace became a Cavern with the people inside, and you can play undefinitely. You can even talk with the Harkonnen chief, of the Emperor himself, and they say "We've got nothing to talk about". This is a way to mantain the control of the planet (unlucky you lost the final sequence cos the palace doesn't exist anymore) and then you can do everything you want, from travelling to complete the exploration of the planet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 30 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]301886[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi. I had the same problem as the two other posters. When Jessica tells me to go to the desert alone, nothing happens. I've restarted the game twice already, and did everything in the tutorial. Is this some kind of bug or glitch? I move 15, 20 spaces to the left, right or south of the palace, and way for days, even weeks, and no vision come. Is there any way to work around this?
[/b]

If I remember well: take a ornitopter, go to a point of desert, make it past the day and you will have the vision
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #315
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Read my previous posts....
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #316
Delance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Aug 1 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]302249[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Change the emulated soundcard to Sound Blaster Pro.
[/b]
I Tried SBPro1 and SBPro2 and still go the same music. What am I doing wrong?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alex Cold @ Aug 7 2007, 06:35 AM) [snapback]303331[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If I remember well: take a ornitopter, go to a point of desert, make it past the day and you will have the vision
[/b]
But I can't land the ornitopter in the middle of the desert. When I return to the palace I get the same result.
Delance is offline                         Send a private message to Delance
Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #317
Cold
Forum hobbit

Quote:
But I can't land the ornitopter in the middle of the desert. When I return to the palace I get the same result.
[/b]

Sorry, my memory fails.

Try to do what I say using the Sandworms, I suppose it should work
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold
Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #318
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alex Cold @ Aug 7 2007, 06:35 AM) [snapback]303331[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If I remember well: take a ornitopter, go to a point of desert, make it past the day and you will have the vision[/b]
THIS is the mistake.
Simply _walk_ out of the palace and wait a while. k:
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #319
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delance @ Aug 8 2007, 03:54 AM) [snapback]303484[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I Tried SBPro1 and SBPro2 and still go the same music. What am I doing wrong?
[/b]
Have you checked the game's sound setup? What is it set to?

Perhaps try a "plain" Sound Blaster 2?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #320
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

after the setup, game creates a new bat called "comm.bat". run that one isntead of dune.bat

btw i think this should be added to tech notes, since the default dune.bat has no sounds