Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #131
DoomYoshi
Abandonia nerd

As I was reading through the posts, it became evident that the game was ESA protected. However, I had no problem in downloading it. Not that I'm complaining but why is this one available but no other LucasArts games available? Did they give out specific rights for Loom? I'm just curious as to what goes on behind the scenes at Abandonia.
DoomYoshi is offline                         Send a private message to DoomYoshi
Old 03-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #132
Japo
Autonomous human

There's no mistery, ESA games are protected during a period of time (usually 10 or 15 years). This game is now old enough and isn't being sold so the ESA raises its hand. Before this period passed it couldn't be downloaded, now it can.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #133

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trouble with water. @ Feb 25 2007, 06:15 AM) [snapback]280852[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Yeah i forgot to get the empty tune thing and im in the cave after the dragon. does anyone know the notes for the draft i need? :wallbash: please??
[/b]
Sorry, the spell are not the same every time you play the game. Only the opening spell (the first one) and the Loom spell (the last one) are always the same. The rest of them do change.

Old 25-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #134
ldk2007
Lurker

Hey everyone... I was just wondering if there was anyway to get the talkie version to run through D-Fend?? I don't have the cd or the disks or anything, I just have the old game downloaded from this site. Is there anyway to upgrade it??

Thanks =)

-Leesh
ldk2007 is offline                         Send a private message to ldk2007
Old 25-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #135
Prephax

A jewell of adventure. Nothing more to say.
Prephax is offline                         Send a private message to Prephax
Old 26-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #136
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Hey everyone... I was just wondering if there was anyway to get the talkie version to run through D-Fend?? I don't have the cd or the disks or anything, I just have the old game downloaded from this site. Is there anyway to upgrade it??[/b]
Try running the game directly in DosBox rather than through D-Fend.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #137
Urmech

Loom is an excellent game. I can't wait 'til I have time to play in its entirety.

Anyway, does anyone recognize the song played at Crystalgard? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
Urmech is offline                         Send a private message to Urmech
Old 04-05-2007, 05:46 AM   #138
Urmech

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Urmech @ May 2 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]289006[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Loom is an excellent game. I can't wait 'til I have time to play in its entirety.

Anyway, does anyone recognize the song played at Crystalgard? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
[/b]
Nevermind, I found the clip. The theme used in Crystalgard is part of "Danse des cygnes" from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake.
Urmech is offline                         Send a private message to Urmech
Old 30-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #139
Tonya Taylor

OK, I'm trying to follow these instructions, but apparently I am not tech savvy enough to understand how to do certain steps or don't understand which files are refferred to. If anyone could help claify a few points for me so I can get this game running WITH SOUND, that'd be great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HellishFiend @ Jan 20 2005, 03:46 AM) [snapback]53437[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
3) Drag all files from the track01 iso from windows explorer into the files portion of your new nero compilation.
5) Right click/properties on the track02.wav entry, and set a FRAMES delay of 20269. Click ok, and the pause should now read 4:30.19 (not that i'm sure if it matters with ScummVM)
8) Right click your DAEMON icon in the toolbar, and make sure the Analog Audio option is checked under Options.
9) Mount the Image
10) Launch ScummVM using the command line "scummvm --cdrom=?" where ? is the number of the drive you mounted the image to (may have to use trial and error to find it, unless you know)
[/b]
3) when Fiend says "drag all files" isn't track01.iso only the one file (or does he mean the files that show up in the mounted drive which includes Loom.exe, Disk01.lec, and the 5 LFL files?). I am assuming the second, but if this is wrong, it could be why I can't get it to work.
5) I am able to set the frames delay to this number. But when I proceed to burn the image I get an error from nero that track 1 can only have a 2-3 second delay. I cannot figure out how to tell nero that I want my audio to be track 2 and my data to be track 1. I'm using Nero Expres, so possibly this is the issue?
8) When I go to the options menu of my DAEMON toolbar, Analog Audio is not a choice. I get a choice between Secure Mode, Automount, InUse Check, Autostart, Tray Icon, and Check for Updates, all of which are checked except InUse Check. I am using version 4.09 if that helps.
9) I don't understand how to mount a second file to DAEMON. As soon as I try to add the image file it kicks the iso file out of the mount. Should I be changing the settings to mount to more than one drive, or is this a problem caused by not having that audio setting checked off as mentioned in step #8?
10) I am not sure why I am having issues with this step. I have added command lines before and have never had an issue, but this time when I try to do this I get an error that it doesn't find the program scummvm. Can I have a more step-by-step approach on exactly how to accomplish this, maybe my memory is just jumbled today or something.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Old 30-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #140
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
5) I am able to set the frames delay to this number. But when I proceed to burn the image I get an error from nero that track 1 can only have a 2-3 second delay. I cannot figure out how to tell nero that I want my audio to be track 2 and my data to be track 1. I'm using Nero Expres, so possibly this is the issue?[/b]
99% so. Use Nero Burning Rom, even if just the trial version. That worked for me when I was experimenting with ripping content from the Earthsiege 2 disc (same thing in regards to putting data track before the audio tracks).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman