Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #181
Guest_Earth200_*

Cant the french and the us ever get along?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #182
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Earth200_* @ Sep 6 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]253072[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Cant the french and the us ever get along?
[/b]
Yes, they can, you need to improve the trades, and make friendly talks with France, after when you enter a war they help you. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 14-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #183
HarryMoe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 16 2006, 03:48 AM) [snapback]248819[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've conquered most of the world, but can't select really small island nations like french polynesia and the faroe islands. Does anyone know how to select countries that are too small for a mouse click?
[/b]
Actually if I recall correctly it has a sort of search button you can press. It seems like it is the ?/ key but I don't really know. I do think they tell you in the tutorial when you start a new game. I will have to look because some island countries are sure hard to get to with even the zooming in.
HarryMoe is offline                         Send a private message to HarryMoe
Old 23-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #184
Decebalus

Haha. I just launched 5000 nukes at Rusia. Shouldn't that like blow it of the face of the world or cause nuclear winter, at least? Anyway it's really fun to go beserk and start attacking small nations and generaly being an annoying *meep*.
Decebalus is offline                         Send a private message to Decebalus
Old 01-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #185
grayfrank
Lurker

I managed to avert the Gulf War and a potential Russo-Japanese war by sending out peace envoy after peace envoy. After all of this I felt the age-old longing for war. At this time Sudan and Uganda were having a little spat. I decided to get involved on the side of Uganda, mainly because I thought that by caputuring Sudan and installing a capitalist democracy I would have a fairly powerful ally in Africa and my thirst for blood would be quenched. The war didn't go too well and my public opinion plummeted until I was at risk of impeachment or assassination; so, I surrendered only to see the option to install a new government pop up. I looked at the filter view and saw that I did indeed control Sudan. I did the same with another country and the same thing happened. A very helpful and very unsportsmanlike bug it seems!?!
Has this happened to anybody else?

P.S. This is my first Abandonia post. Hello everybody!!
grayfrank is offline                         Send a private message to grayfrank
Old 17-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #186

So, what is the furthest anybody has gotten in this game? I made it to around 2002 on my last go...then I got bored and diverted all of my budget to Military, attacked Russia, I lost so I nuked them...game over

Old 20-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #187

Is there a way to edit the files so my troops are not scattered across the world at the beginning of the game?

Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #188
Thanos6

Pretty interesting concept, and I love the detail; but it moves SO SLOW. A lot of the game is just spent sitting there waiting for the next thing to happen.

(There's an Amiga game called Armageddon Man/Global Commander, depending on where you live, that's like this. It has the opposite problem, the world crises can accelerate too fast)
Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM   #189
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

If it moves too slow for you, make sure to turn off the action sequences in options and up the speed. The game is kind of built so that you shift time to fit your needs (at least thats how I find it easiest to play). Also the more countries you try to engage in any way good or bad means you will have more action overall. If you do nothing it seems like the whole world will follow suit which is kind of weird.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean
Old 15-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #190

Sorry if it was asked before, but...

Any way to get Cyber Judas?
Seems to me it is not sold anymore even at the few online stores where was avalaible a couple of years ago.

Thank in advance for any response.