Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #31
DOSGamar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 24 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]268535[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Megaupload has download slots. From my experience, Rapidshare doesn't cause any problems, and due to not using download slots is also always available.
Of course when you download a huge file you'll have to wait a few hours before you can download anything again, but that's minor compared to the problems involved with using Megaupload.
[/b]
you dont have slot problems with BT k:
DOSGamar is offline                         Send a private message to DOSGamar
Old 25-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #32
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOSGamar @ Nov 25 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]268647[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 24 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]268535[/snapback]
Quote:
Megaupload has download slots. From my experience, Rapidshare doesn't cause any problems, and due to not using download slots is also always available.
Of course when you download a huge file you'll have to wait a few hours before you can download anything again, but that's minor compared to the problems involved with using Megaupload.
[/b]
you dont have slot problems with BT k: [/b][/quote]But you can have some speed problems with it. It depends on how many seeders there are (you're talking about BitTorrent, no?). With a free hosting service, there is no need for seeders and RapidShare's servers are usually fast.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 01-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #33
frd

Quote:
Of course when you download a huge file you'll have to wait a few hours before you can download anything again, but that's minor compared to the problems involved with using Megaupload.[/b]
The problem is easily solved if you have a dynamic external (outside the local net) ip (I do, though I can also have a static one if I desire, it only costs a couple of dollars a month more, only I see no benefit), then all you have to do is reconnect to the internet and you can download from rapidshare as much as you want without having to wait. Despite all
the limitations it simply works for everyone.

Quote:
Please do not use Rapidshare [/b]
The megaupload alternative is much worse because of the slots. Just think how can someone from a country that is limited to say 100 slots and has millions of internet users (and megaupload is a very popular site) download anything from there?
frd is offline                         Send a private message to frd
Old 01-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #34
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 13 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]266725[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Dunno. Personally, I think that it would be much more handy to use Bit Torrent like proposed in the P2P thread.
[/b]
i totaly agree..
torrents would slove it. and each memeber could have "up/down ratio" saved (like on demonoid) so we would see who s just dirty leech and who also uploads stuff
Old 08-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #35
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

Ok, I guess it's time for me to move on and stop twidling my thumbs. It's almost mid December now. I've clearly outlined what I wanted to do here but Kosta hasn't said anything further on this. You've left me hanging all this time. What the hell for? Are you just downloading the ISOs for your VIP section? :bleh:

So I'm moving the whole listing back on site, and taking the risk associated with that. All entries have been updated, many of which didn't appear here. This was always meant to be a public ISO listing. If anyone wants to contribute here (links or uploads), go ahead and contact me.

Here's just a few ISOs we're looking to add (as long as they check out):

Alice Interactive Museum
Clandestiny
Crystal Hammer
Fragile Allegiance
McKenzie & Co
Morpheus
Qin: Tomb of The Middle Kingdom
Sanitarium
System Shock 2
The Case of the Cautious Condor
ZPC
Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 08-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #36
catchaserguns
Games Master

I know this might be a stupid question but I'm very computer unsavvy. I,ve got Nero to burn my cds and last time I'd burned An ISO I couldn't get it to work. It had no EXE file. Any Ideas on how to do it. I only got Nero.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #37
StormTheGates

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catchaserguns @ Dec 8 2006, 09:19 PM) [snapback]270928[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I know this might be a stupid question but I'm very computer unsavvy. I,ve got Nero to burn my cds and last time I'd burned An ISO I couldn't get it to work. It had no EXE file. Any Ideas on how to do it. I only got Nero.
[/b]
Ive noticed a problem with Nero in the past. If you say burn image to disk with nero starsmart, it will open up the burner but still default to Data CD. Make SURE that you say BURN IMAGE! Here is a screen shot of what you need:

It also depends on what sort of thing the ISO is made from. For instance, an audio CD shouldnt be made into an ISO.
StormTheGates is offline                         Send a private message to StormTheGates
Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 AM   #38
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catchaserguns @ Dec 8 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]270928[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
In my experience there is an extremely cumbersome and roundabout way to create the ISO format with Nero, but you'd be bettler off using Alcohol 120% instead.

Nero images (.nrg) are fine though if you can't create anything else. I tend use the ISO term interchangely with 'complete copy'.

Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 17-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #39
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

Ermuli, who has uploaded most of the files to the listing has used http://mihd.net/ now and I've tried it out as well. For the most part it has been working well, but recently we've had problems with it. I mentioned rapidshare to him and he doesn't like it at all because of the long waiting times. Coupled with the lack of resume, I still don't see the appeal in it. It's theoretically good, but in practice, I don't think it holds up.

We also tried megashare recently. We most likely won't be using that again. Requires too much maintenance to keeps the links active.

Old 18-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #40
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

Oh right. I forgot to mention. We added these recently:

Qin: Tomb of the Middle Kingdom
Fragile Allegiance
Sanitarium

Fraigle Allegiance may be going bye-bye soon though. Turns out there's an iffy buylink. Also, ESA member subsidary. In fact, looks like there's 3 others that fit that bill. None of those will appear in the subforum here once that gets established.