Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #481
Prey

yeah I think so.. about the whole hoseshoe thing but like you I can't remember exactly where it is you have to give it away

Old 01-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #482
Scatty
Treasure hunter

As far as I remember, there's only one wagon with a guy in the whole game. It's the one where Dawn will be hiding after Scotia poisoned king Richard in Gladstone, the wagon is in one of the woods. Don't ask me for more details, it's years by now since I played the game last time.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #483
uk_john2005
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rabadi @ Aug 22 2006, 02:07 AM) [snapback]250101[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 21 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]249856[/snapback]
Quote:
No. Cycles cannot be automatically changed by D-Fend... [/b]
Thanks for the info. I usually do not play more than one game at a time, and after I finish a game I usually just burn the game along with saved game files into CDs then remove the folder from harddisk, so I may not get much use of D-Fend profile, but thanks anyway for the info k:
[/b][/quote]

But surely even if you burn it to a CD, if you have to play the game in DosBox, you still have to set it up in dosbox everytime you play? If you are not using dosbox, yes, I understand you don't have to use d-fend, it only works with dosbox, after all!
uk_john2005 is offline                         Send a private message to uk_john2005
Old 01-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #484
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That's what [autoexec] section of DosBox.conf is for, dude...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-09-2006, 01:26 AM   #485
rabadi (too lazy to login)

Yup, exactly what the_fifth_horseman said. I have this folder named "games" in harddisk ("C:\games"). When I play a game, I just extract the downloaded .zip content into this folder. When I finish, I just delete the files (leaving the folder "games" empty but intact). In DosBox.conf, when I installed DOSBox long time ago, I already add some lines:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\games
c:

So, for example I am currently playing Eye of the Beholder 2. I extracted EOB2 files into this C:\games folder. When I run DOSBox, I only need to start the game by typing "start". No need to type mount command anymore since it is already in autoexec section in DosBox.conf a long time ago.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #486
KiLL4H
Unhappy

This page is sooo nice but can somebody help me plz?!
LAnds of lore the game i played so long long time ago doesn't work at my pc i got win xp
most of the other games are working
PLease help me thank you guys the help could be in german too because i am german

Old 03-09-2006, 05:06 PM   #487
olmek joe

KiLL4H: well that depends: have you used Dos-Box before??
I you have then it would be easy.

But otherwise just download the game. I downloaded mine through this site, i used the links on this site to find the website "the underdogs". There i found the big CD-versiion with all the voice and dialogue in.
I downloaded the Zipfile.
Unpaked the sip-file.
Then i found the file LOLCD.001 - opened it with win-rar or similar program in some folder.
It is now unpacked, to run it, you have to use Dos-box on the lands-bat ----- the bat-file

Im not the best one to tell you about Dosbox, but ill try anyway (clever people can fill in my blank spots):
Install dosbox (you will find a place to find the program somewhere on this site).
When it is installed you click on the dosbox icon in your desktop or start-menu.
When you start Dos-box you would have to find a folder on your maindrive to act as your c:
on my computer i use g: and a folder called "gamlespil".
When dos-box is started i type
mount c g:/gamlespil
Then that folder is a virtual DOS c:
now type:
c:
And you are now on your virtual DOS c:
now type whatever you called your lands of lore folder
example:
lolcd
then
lands
And you should be in the game.
But you might have togo into setup first, to make the sound better. i use Soundblaster...... just try your way forward.

Sorry for my english, but i hope it will be of help to you k:

Old 03-09-2006, 08:43 PM   #488
Knørka

Im at Scotia´s Castle.

But in the catwalk-caverns.

There was some kind of copy-machine in the caverns.

Look:

How does it work????

Also, my dos-box cracked a little. It tilted a little.
I think it unlocked some of the craphics from some of the beta-vesrsions.... back when it was Eye of the Beholder
Look:

Weird, huh??
Arrows??? where did they come from?? What are they used for???

Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #489
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Hmm, interesting. How did it happen that the arrows appeared?
As for the replicator, there should have been a scroll in the alcove, not sure though if it explained how it works. So this is how it does - you need to get those electrical spark-beings flying around and attacking you between the spark points in the two (or was it three?) side corridors. This is accomplished by the low level of Hand of Fate spell or more easily by this glove of the commander that pushes enemies back by Hand of Fate. How you get these beings near you? Well, rest a little and they should come to you while you do, they spawn on random places after some time. Rest at the dead end of one of this spark-point corridors, then when the spark being attacks you, push it back outside of the corridor, follow it, turn over and push it back into the corridor. Once it's between the spark points you activated them. You'll see it when it's done. Repeat the same at the two other corridors.
After you've done it, go to the replicator, put an item inside and you'll get two. Not all items can be replicated though, but you can replicate armor, weapons, commanders glove, potions and herbs for sure. Can't replicate the magic cube and similar quest stuff. I think the replication works only one time, so think twice on what to replicate. I didn't find much use to the replicator at that point of the game, all my characters had already good armor and weapons, but I usually replicated this best two-handed sword in the game anyway, or sometimes that hammer you get off the minotaur at White Tower.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #490
matthijs

Lands of Lore is great, I actually bought the cd version on ebay to play it with the voices etc. However I can't migrate my save games from the version I downloaded of this site to the cd version :S. (Gives an error that the version is incorrect!)

Is it possible to somehow use the save games from this version with the cd version, or insert the voices etc from the cd into the version you can download from this site?

I'm too far start over again, but want to continue playing with the voices!
matthijs is offline                         Send a private message to matthijs