Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2006, 11:51 AM   #101
Nigga
Forum hobbit

Thanks, Raffles, but much of that is what I know already ( though still there were some helpful tips, thx )
But I've decided to ask that question after I've read the following:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blind Ryan @ Dec 2 2004, 07:04 PM) [snapback]32825[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Saving people eh? Well, you could always wish upon a star
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(einherjar @ Dec 2 2004, 08:16 PM) [snapback]32855[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Or a ring, wand, or pool.
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blind Ryan @ Dec 2 2004, 11:21 PM) [snapback]32937[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nah, Stars are more traditional
[/b]
I thought that there's some extraordinary way to get wishes when the sky is full of stars, or something like that...

And also I've got one more question if I may

Is there any way to resurrect that little girl's cute dog???
Or the only way is wishing for it???

Or maybe I can find an alive cute dog somewhere else?

"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You can either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Nigga is offline                         Send a private message to Nigga
Old 07-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #102
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ah, sorry, but I didn't realise you were referring to an old post. Anyway, there's no way to "wish upon a star" in ADOM, so whoever suggested that probably didn't mean it literally. The only ways of getting a wish are the ones I listed.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadowlord Shearer @ Aug 7 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]247161[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
No, but if you manage to get to the bottom of the puppy cave quickly enough (i.e. within a couple of days), it will still be alive and follow you out of the dungeon and to Terinyo - unless it gets killed on the way up, which sadly happens far too often... You don't actually have to save it, though, and it can be quite dangerous to dive down the dungeon quickly with a low-level character, so for the time being, it'll probably be easier for you to skip that bit and try again when you know the game a bit better.

If you're brave, you can try skim-reading the discussion thread on AR for information on the puppy quest. There should be quite a lot of info on it. Be warned, though: that thread is LONG...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 07-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #103
Nigga
Forum hobbit

Uhmm, that sounds quite difficult...

You're right, deeping down the puppy cave with a low-level char is extremely dangerous, plus even if I rescue the puppy, it'd be quite difficult to take it through that level 5 full of LOTS of monsters. But maybe I could try to do it with my wizard, who is quite good as for a newborn character

And now I realize why it is always dead - when I start the game, I always find and kill Kranach, then I complete that Keethrax quest, then I kill Hotzenplotz, and only THEN I go into the puppy cave... :wallbash:

That's my worst neagtive feature - although I know that ALL of those quests aren't necessary to complete, I just can't go on without completing 'em!!!

Thanks for the advice.

"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You can either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 30-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #104
Nigga
Forum hobbit

Hello again

It's been a great weekend (though it's Wednesday now, I didn't have an opportunity to write this post sooner)!!!

After weeks of not playing ADoM, I finally managed to get some spare hours and guess what? I sacrificed them to the great God whose name should be pronounced with fear and respect, since it reads "Ancient Domains of Mystery"!!!

I played the game all weekend long, and it's been a great pleasure.

First of all, I must say that rescuing that damn puppy isn't such a big deal as I thought when I was typing my previous post. The trick is just to get quite lucky so that on level 5 both stairways are situated quite close to each other.
Plus to that, that cute puppy must be lucky enough to be placed not far from the stairway or in a room without monsters, because since you descend to that level, the level begins to live, and the puppy can get killed if you don't manage to get to him quite fast! But that's not so hard, and it didn't take a long time for me to complete this quest.
Also, I think that druid suits this quest just perfectly (I don't say that others will fail, just that druid suits best). Take, for example, those giant ants on level 2 - if they are placed in such a way that they block the stairway to level 3, you often wouldn't stand a chance against them, cuz it's just the beginning and your char is quite low! And druid doesn't get attacked by those ants (as well as by other animals, insects, and other creatures of nature) Though, once I managed to kill ALL the ants with a level 1 human wizard ( guess how!!! )

Second, at last I managed to complete the carpenter quest in that another (more delicate) way "which reduces prices in the shop"!!! Damn, the trick is so simple, and I couldn't figure it out for a whole month
And the way I figured out that trick is just ridiculous

Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #105
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A. J. Raffles @ Aug 7 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]247170[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ah, sorry, but I didn't realise you were referring to an old post. Anyway, there's no way to "wish upon a star" in ADOM, so whoever suggested that probably didn't mean it literally. The only ways of getting a wish are the ones I listed.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadowlord Shearer @ Aug 7 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]247161[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
No, but if you manage to get to the bottom of the puppy cave quickly enough (i.e. within a couple of days), it will still be alive and follow you out of the dungeon and to Terinyo - unless it gets killed on the way up, which sadly happens far too often... You don't actually have to save it, though, and it can be quite dangerous to dive down the dungeon quickly with a low-level character, so for the time being, it'll probably be easier for you to skip that bit and try again when you know the game a bit better.

If you're brave, you can try skim-reading the discussion thread on AR for information on the puppy quest. There should be quite a lot of info on it. Be warned, though: that thread is LONG...
[/b][/quote]

If the puppy die's, you can always bring hi's corpse back to little girl.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #106
Nigga
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Sep 1 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]252248[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If the puppy die's, you can always bring hi's corpse back to little girl.
[/b]
Yeah, but it will give you nothing. Of course, the quest will be completed, but you won't be the one who "brought back joy into the life of a tiny girl", and that is the goal, not just going to the bottom of the dungeon and back (you can use infinite dungeon for this purpose, for example)!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #107
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Actually, it does bring a lawfull alignment boost and may bring you one charisma point if you talk to the girl afterward and play with her a little while.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #108
Nigga
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Sep 6 2006, 01:31 AM) [snapback]252995[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually, it does bring a lawfull alignment boost and may bring you one charisma point if you talk to the girl afterward and play with her a little while.
[/b]
You mean after bringing back her puppy's corpse?

Old 07-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #109
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadowlord Shearer @ Sep 6 2006, 03:58 PM) [snapback]253183[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Sep 6 2006, 01:31 AM) [snapback]252995[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
You mean after bringing back her puppy's corpse?
[/b][/quote]

You get the boost when you give her the corpse, and the charisma point when you talk to her AFTER you give her the corpse.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #110
Nigga
Forum hobbit

Arrow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Sep 7 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]253350[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You get the boost when you give her the corpse, and the charisma point when you talk to her AFTER you give her the corpse.
[/b]
Guess what - I've understood what did he mean, I just didn't figure out is he talking about giving away the corpse, or about successful completing the quest.

I mean, when I first read the post, for me it sounded like "the only thing this quest gives is just a boost and a charisma point, so it isn't necessary to complete it at all". That's why I asked.