Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #101
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I hope "we" are gaining some money for those links...

However, PoP 2 is one of the best games ever!
Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #102
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian

well now PoP2 isn't the great game ever try the new PoP T2T now thats the great game ever made in all Prince of Persia series
Old 02-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #103
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
well now PoP2 isn't the great game ever try the new PoP T2T now thats the great game ever made in all Prince of Persia series [/b]
Well.....I'm sitting with The Two Thrones right here, and indeed - it's a great great game....But so has all the Prince of Persia games been (excepting the one Jordan Mechner didn't have any influence on - Prince of Persia 3D)....Personally, my favorites are Prince of Persia (I) and Warrior Within (the dahaka-chases were brilliant). But as we have discussed before, me choosing PoP over PoP2 has something to do with a) The combat system, b) PoP having the "charm of the original".

/Raasted
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 02-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #104
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I just can't understand why everyone seems to "hate" PoP 3D... I liked it so much :wub: , even if I have to admit that they could have made something better...
It seems the same occourring with Monkey Island 4... but that's another story...
Old 03-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #105
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Well, probably it's the same reason why (though i defenitely don't hate it) don't like PoP2 as much as PoP - Prince of Persia 3D became an entirely different genre than it had been - this you don't like, unless the game is thoroughly brilliant (which I think we all agree it wasn't) - The Sands of Time and it's to sucessors was indeed brilliant games, and was therefore accepted - and they stay more true to the original concept - the "right" mix between good combat, platform action and puzzle-solving.....And of course the new graphics introduced in the games also helped them gain ground.....

/Raasted
Old 03-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #106
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
The Sands of Time and it's to sucessors was indeed brilliant games, and was therefore accepted - and they stay more true to the original concept - the "right" mix between good combat, platform action and puzzle-solving.....And of course the new graphics introduced in the games also helped them gain ground.....
[/b]
Not to mention that blend of gaming and cinematic story telling that only Jordan Michner has been able to grace us with so far.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 03-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #107
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Indeed.....though an entirely different games-genre - "Act of War" blends cinematic story-telling and gaming very nicely too.....And the use of in-game graphics for most of the cut-scenes resembles the way of Warcraft III - and so does the quality of the "real" cinematics in the last 3 PoP-games - fantastic!

In a lot of ways Ubisoft resembles Blizzard - not only do both companies produce great great games (all the way back to Alone in the Dark and Black-Thorne/Warcraft I), and have great cinematics (as in Warcraft and PoP) - the storyline is also very important in most of their games.....I simply just love them

/Raasted
Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #108
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

So is anyone going to fix the links or, as the case may be, the no-go button? I was really hoping to get this as ive never played this one only number 1 (and SOT but thats irrelevant) and i would appreciate it if you would put me out of my misery
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 06-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #109
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Maybe someone should PM Kosta or someone else who could do something about it.

Okay, fine, I'll do it.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #110
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Go you :bleh:
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#