Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #101
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Well, we _do_ have Flashback here on the site too... and as soon as the updaters get around to the review I submitted, we'll have the CD version up as well.

Honestly, though, Flashback is really an adventure game using a platform-game engine. Another World is more action-based and dynamic. Flashback takes several hours to complete even when you know what to do (2 to 4 hours, give or take a few minutes), while Another World can be completed in 15 minutes (again, if you know the game like your own underwear LOL ).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #102

Something you guys might find useful: Eric Chahi, the author of Another World has released a Collector's Edition of Another World, with higher-res backgrounds, improved sounds, etc. Costs 7 euros, and is available at http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/index.htm

Old 24-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #103
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Played the demo of it. Good old Another World, just with prettier graphics (and, of course, it now works under Windoze). A must have for any fan of the original.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #104
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by SupSuper@Apr 15 2006, 08:30 PM
In case nobody noticed, a Collector's Edition of the game was recently released (basically just improved graphics) and is up for sale on the website: http://www.anotherworld.fr/anotherworld_uk/index.htm
WOW cool thanks for the heads up on this k: I love Another World.

Eric Chahi seems like a pretty cool guy I think he was giving away a rom version for the GBA not too long ago for Free. You needed some kind of special GBA cartridge though that could have downloaded content put on it.
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 26-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #105
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Or a GBA emulator

Actually, a link to the GBA version has been posted somwhere in this thread a while back.

-- Reed Richards
Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #106
Guest_JJ_*
Talking

Hey guys!

LOL!

Was going to post about the NEWER version of the game OOTW but see that I'm already beaten!

LOL...

Some things I want to bring you up to date on:

1. Heart of the Alien is NOT the sequel to OOTW! Eric Chahi said that Virgin MADE him do a sequel to it--also, he stated that it was just about the worst game that was ever made as well. Finally, he mentioned that he had plans on doing a sequel!
2. OOTW has been ported to a certain brand of cell phone--read about it at magic-productions.com
3. Someone HAS done a GBA version of OOTW! (And I've played that version too!)
4. Finally, the BEST NEWS OF ALL TIME!! The same someone who did the GBA version of OOTW, has wracked his poor little brain to pieces--and as a result, he has created Heart of the Alien FOR THE COMPUTER! (STRAIGHT for the computer--no emulator necessary!)

I played it last year, and it had a few tiny bugs in it, but by now, hopefully, that has been fixed.

(Look for "Heart of the Alien REDUX.")

(Warning: Off topic)

Wing Commander: Privateer has been remade and can now be played on WINDOWS XP!

(Look for "Wing Commander: Privateer remake".)

...Consider yourself...updated!

Bye all--and have a WONDERFUL day!

--JJ

Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #107
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_JJ_* @ Jul 6 2006, 06:58 AM) [snapback]241785[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1. Heart of the Alien is NOT the sequel to OOTW! Eric Chahi said that Virgin MADE him do a sequel to it--also, he stated that it was just about the worst game that was ever made as well. Finally, he mentioned that he had plans on doing a sequel![/b]
How is HOTA not a sequel? It picks up RIGHT where the original game left off. Just because Chahi never *planned* on doing a sequel doesn't mean that it isn't.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #108
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amayirot Akago @ Jul 6 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]241838[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How is HOTA not a sequel? It picks up RIGHT where the original game left off. Just because Chahi never *planned* on doing a sequel doesn't mean that it isn't.[/b]
That'd be new to me...

I thought the protagonist (don't remember his name) was lost in the alien world and that's it. Sort of a mean ending.
Are you really sure?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #109
re:
Red face

"The creator of Another World, Eric Chahi, never had a followup in mind, but Interplay chose to develop one anyway."

http://eboredom.20m.com/features/interviews/chahi.html

And yes, Flashback isn't the sequel to Another World...

Let me know what you think!

--JJ

PS By the way, if you've played HOTA all the way to the end, you'd agree with me. Believe me, you really would...

Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #110
lejon

It's stil one of the greatest games all. I played it when it came out on the Amiga.
There the grafics and sound where even better than the PC's.

Its realy nice.