Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-04-2006, 05:59 AM   #261
Magekind

Alright, I've read them all. And after reading them all, I, the Magekind, am going to die.

Yes, that's right. When I am finished with this post, what's-'is, 5th Hossman's-a gonna kill me.

Because I'm going to start out with everybody's favorite: How do I download the game?

Roit. So now we've done some random klikking, we've found - Oh, my patron deity, a .ZIP file called PM2! Agh! Someone get some blood pressure meds. I'm gonna pop.

Yesh.

Now, we have PM2. Now I can't get it to run. We are not going to state the fact that it ran excellently under WinXP, because like all other nOObs, I don't know what an executable file is, remember? I just use .lnk files. Oh, right. They don't know what those are either. Desktop icons. There. Now we're speaking the same language. Almost. I need to work on misspelling things though.

Okay, so I guess I need to find the executable file. That works. It says something like "PM2" on it. and it just shows this window-thingy.

But that's not good enough. I have to get DOSBox. How do I do that, after I've been using it to play OMF2097 for hours on end, in an effort to write a fanfic about OMF? Oh, right, I get it. You have to, like... run the program or something. Yyyeeaahh....

So, we're DOSBoxing happily. A left hook, a quick right jab, step back and come in for... what? Oh, right. "Mount c [your-directory-list-in-eight-letter-steps-here]"

I think I get that. Okay, so now we're playing PM2, and I CHEATED. Sue me. I shouldn't have. I regret it thoroughly. Venus didn't like it anyway. Meh, who cares about the goddess of love? Not me, that's for sure. I've got a fairly good Magic Performer who married an intelligent wizard. Now we play for reals.

A little about myself. I hate simulations. I can't drive, I can't play football, soccer, whatever-it-was-you-were-going-to-suggest-ball. I used to play C&C, but I've lost my taste for that. Now we play Red Faction, UT, Soldier of Fortune, and the like. We also play Tekken and OMF. OMF because it's so freakin' awesome.

Back to PM2. I'm a twisted weirdo. Not a sicko, I like to think I'm fairly normal that way. I tend to play as females when I have the option, but partly because all the gamers around here are guys and nine out of eight of them are playing male characters; so I be different. I also like to be in the action, not pointing-and-clicking the action. So when I downloaded PM2... it might have been the dirty old man thing. But not quite in that way. ...

All in all I'm very pleased with the Game. I regret how Aueniteri(there's a mouthful for you!) turned out, but I swear I will do better with Niamh, who's a fighter by nature. Let's see you get that girl into "high society".

Also, anybody here do anime? Apparently, GAINAX is also the publishers of Petite Princess Yucie, so all you who're dying to play the other games, satisfy yourself by renting the anime DVDs. And please, oh please do not start asking where to get them. I am not going to say "Netflix" once. Okay, maybe not more than once.

Old 30-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #262
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

get the hell out

Also, I laugh at all the internet scum so eagerly trying to play this game, obviously because they heard about the cheat where you can get the girl naked. Of course, they're going to keep her at 10.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 01-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #263
Cthulhu's Quill

This is for all the people having problems with the "Unable to locate file LIBINDEX.DIR" system error.

I'm only using win98se so don't ask me about XP or DOSBOX or anything like that.

Go to what ever file you extracted the game files to, look for some things named Pm2 (there are more than one), right click and go to Properties and find the one that is

Type: Shortcut to MS-DOS program
MS-DOS name: PM2.PIF

If it helps, for me it had the icon of the paper with the win symbol on it and in the lower left it has the square with the arrow just like with the shortcuts on your desktop.

anyway... when you've found it go to the Program tab and change the Cmd line: to where ever you have PM2.EXE

For example: Cmd line: C:\somefilename\pm2\PM2.EXE

Now click the "Advanced..." button, uncheck the "MS-DOS mode" box.

Click OK, Apply or OK or whatever else and whoop-de-fricken'-doo, now that icon is your shortcut to play Princess Maker 2 in windoze although without sound. Now raise your digi-pet-daughter and please, for the sake of the greater good, don't have real children.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #264
Magekind

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Apr 30 2006, 06:43 AM
get the hell out

Also, I laugh at all the internet scum so eagerly trying to play this game, obviously because they heard about the cheat where you can get the girl naked. Of course, they're going to keep her at 10.
Joo har velkomm.

Personally, I find the game to be much more interesting without the cheat, as was proved with Niamh. She ended up as a martial arts instructor, who failed because of her inability to communicate with others. I will also note that she made a horrid mother, but an excellent wife. It's the statistics they don't show you that will matter the most in the end.

She was a powerful warrioress, fairly intelligent, but it's practically impossible to keep both refinement and strength at high levels. The same goes for constitution and charisma, although later in the game that works itself out. (Intentionally fails to say "Dance Classes" out loud.)

I found the fairies in the lake, but haven't found them in the forest. Any tips?

Also, sound(music) hasn't yet worked for me, any way I go about it. I have yet to try D-Fend, so if that works for me, I'll get back with you. If it doesn't... it isn't your problem anyway.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #265
laiocfar
NOD Commander

faireis in forest: under the clock and under the medium tree of the area with the banner about dragons. You need to be sensitive to see them. In the forest is also an elf under in the big tree and a bandit inside the circle of rocks near the exit area.

Constitution can be earned by a robust diet or you can get 50 for each egg. Refinement comes from protocol lessons. Also Lucifer in the desert map can change some faith for anything that you need. k:
Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #266
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Also, sound(music) hasn't yet worked for me, any way I go about it.
Have you tried the game's own sound configuration? That's the usual problem, since many people (sometimes even those who should know better about it) forget that setting the emulated soundcard in DosBox does not automatically set it for the games.
First, I'd suggest you try and change the soundcard emulation to Sound Blaster Pro 2 (from the default Sound Blaster 16).
Second, run the game's setup program (it's a separate executable in the game directory) and configure it to use Sound Blaster, IRQ 5 DMA 1 220 h.
Has that worked?

Oh, and as for Constitution, IIRC it can be raised by some of the jobs... farm and lumbering, I think. Don't remember clearly, since it's been a year and a half since I last played the game.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #267
oh-boy

Well I can't say I didn;t enjoy this game, it really is time-devouring and most important thing, replayalable. I like replayable games... But I still don;t know how to raise communication.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #268
ZaBuchar

You can raise by working in the bar i think.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #269
Ranma kun156

Whats up people. Ive played this game quite a few times and for some reason the first time i played i managed to get her to become queen everytime after that no dice LOL

Anyhow as for her marrying her father or youself which ever you prefer alot of people consider it sick (trust me im not all for the idea myself) but if you think about it they arent related in any way other then one of the goddess'/gods saying "Here take this kid"

As for one of my favorite endings would have to be the first one i had when she become queen and then she didnt get married because no body shared her beliefs or something of that nature.....not a very long monarcy eh?

Old 10-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #270
ZaBuchar

That's cool!
My first daughter became a street performer. I diden't know why she became a street performer bacause she had 100 in all magic skils so I tried again. The second one was a stret magician. A little improovment.
Then I found out that she also needs reputation.
My third one bacame a good general and maried the prince.
The last one became court magician and maried Dragonboy.