Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-05-2005, 02:53 PM   #51

Wow! This was my favorite game back in the day! (late 80s early 90s) on the Commodore 64. I beat the game several times and still have the old hint book! Only wish I could still start with well equipped characters.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #52
MattGo

LOL at the old paragraph book. There was a whole Buck Rogers type story in there, too!

Old 27-05-2005, 04:52 AM   #53
MattGo

You used to be able to cheat in the old commodore version by copying the original disk over the play disk, and therefore getting all the ammo, etc back you already took. And being able to beat the easier foes. Any way of doing something similar now?

Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #54
dareed

I got this game right after it 1 st came out. played it on my Laser128(apple IIe) I thought it was great had a blast. Of course it cant compare to the games now but for its time it was a lot of fun. Remember it was on 5 1/2 floppies with no hard drive.

Old 15-08-2005, 01:02 AM   #55
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

It's a shame this isn't available for download here, it's a classic. Obviously the graphics really show its age but for atmosphere and the sheer joy of discovery and travelling a post apocolyptic wasteland it can't be beaten. Its text was top quality too, it managed to give a really graphic sense of what was happening in just a couple of lines. Very enjoyable, and pretty vast too!
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 26-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #56
Old School Gamer

The best game by far during it's time. It has aged well too. I remebered I would keep the master disk and switch out the secenerio diskette, until all my charcters had power armors and proton axes. It's pretty funny restarting the whole game with a super-team...and pummelling a bunny with a proton axe!
Too bad you can't do it anymore. :bleh:

Ah.. the MEMORIES

Old 28-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #57
Jack Swift

Is there any sounds in this PC-version? I don't hear any music, either. Is there something I can do to get the sounds working?
Jack Swift is offline                         Send a private message to Jack Swift
Old 15-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #58
RPG Granny

:blink: I think I found a reset program... atleast that's what it says... I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

http://www.caveoftrouble.com/bear/wasteland.php

kewl site you've got here guys... it's bookmarked now and I will be back

Old 16-11-2005, 05:49 AM   #59
RPG Granny
Lurker

My kids had this game many years ago, why back on an Apple IIc. Between it and Bard's Tale I became hooked on RPGs and by default, computers. Of course by the time the computer was vacant long enough for me to try the game, the dog had literally eaten the paragraph book... even so I had a lot of fun trying to figure things out. I used the reset program quite a few times, since in my blundering I inevitably got the wrong people killed and I would wander around so long that all the amao ran out....

Now thanks to the internet, google and sites like this I can finally play this game again and this time I actually know what's going on... what a concept!!!

Anyway... Thanks guys.... I'll be back!!!
RPG Granny is offline                         Send a private message to RPG Granny
Old 04-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #60
uk_john

Quote:
Originally posted by Supreme Jerk@May 9 2005, 07:57 AM
Ah, the memories!* I actually remember buying this game at the now defunct Lechmere chain in Boston - I still have the original floppies, booklets and box.
Now you've done it to me!!! I lived in Boston for 6 months in late 80's and fell in love with a beautiful Boston lady. Head over heels I was.....Like all Boston women she was as smart as a tack and feisty.....Oh the memories.... Then there's Wasteland. The game I bought while there - in Lechemere's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you need to understand, I am British and I have been back in the UK for 15 years now, so to get a memory of buying Wasteland in that store and the memory of those times in Boston and the memory of Wasteland all came flooding back together.

Thanks so VERY much. Glassy eyed for so many reasons....

By the way. You must get that original manual scanned and pdf'd and put up on here and everywhere. Nobody has the original manual and all emulator people would love it. I have lost the game over the years and now can only play it on emulation! DO a service to humanity (if you can - no pressure!) !! Thanks again!