Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 AM   #21
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

It takes me ages to learn scripting languages. I onlt know the AGS language and that's it. Erm, i'm having a bit of trouble getting text in the center. The centering tool won't work. And you can't make text boxes to move 'em around the screen. perhaps I could make the page in Yahoo! Pge thingo and then save it as a .html and then put it onto the Atspace server. Ingenious idea. Btw, my Psychonauts site's cool. It's not been updated in a while, but it's still good. If anyone wants to take over as webmaster feel free. Just PM me and I'll give you the Yahoo! password and user. And can you get an Atspace site .TK'd?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #22
Bradley
Game freak

Go to www.x10hosting.com, they're best plan is...

2.5 GB Space
45 GB Bandwidth
5 MySQL
Full FTP Access
CPanel

Check my site in my sig, I'm hosted with them. It's all free too!
Bradley is offline                         Send a private message to Bradley
Old 06-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #23
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Umm... I don't like creating billions of accounts. And you don't HAVE a sig. And besides @Space is good for me. The main page should be up as soon as I get this friggin' blog working.
Old 13-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #24
Bradley
Game freak

go to www.uniformserver.com and you can get yourself a free web server to run off of your computer. It has CGI, Perl, PHP 5, Mysql 4, phpmyadmin, python, etc. If you want something really easy to use. Download Baby Web Server and it has an added bonus of ASP compatability.
Bradley is offline                         Send a private message to Bradley
Old 14-10-2005, 04:28 PM   #25
Limetang
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere+Sep 27 2005, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Quintopotere @ Sep 27 2005, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_fifth_horseman@Sep 26 2005, 12:21 PM
*chuckle*
What's wrong? You already have a very powerful HTML editor on your machine. It's called WordPad (altough the basic Notepad will suffice too). I coded an entire site of mine using Notepad, and it isn't that hard, believe me.
Well you're right... but there are people, like me, too lazy for all that writing :whistle: [/b][/quote]
You're cheating yourself by being lazy, trust me. If you learn to script websites in Notepad (Or Notepad2) you will have access to some of the greatest communities ever, and you're websites will be smaller and easier to update.

A great starting point is The W3C, home of the World Wide Web, where you can find out all the standards for (X)HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT and the like, you can also validate the object of your toils. Good websites should be made using XHTML and CSS, using CSS will make your page load faster as it is cached and doesn't have to be reloaded, it will also save you time on coding your page. If you think all you can make in Notepad are basic pages, you're wrong! Look what I made someone earlier this week: http://limetang.ibetta.com/temp/files/bzzzt/

Validates fine and took me hardly any time!

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 14-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #26
omg
Games Master

would be cool if we started a topic to share html, xhtml and css tips. is definatly better than using software to build pages.

as for the hosting go daddy have already been mentioned and im gonna second it for two important reosens
1: cheap
2:technical support is 24 hours and actually helpfull (but my english accent confuses them)

and not really a major reosen for using them but when you are on hold with them
they play well compressed good jazz down the lines at ya k:

definatly better than muzak....
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 14-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #27
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Atspace wroks, you can have multiple mini-sites within your account. The space wont hold games, but if you just want a website, its good.
Old 22-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #28
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

I'm back again! Someone said you get more free space on atspace if you have a forum. Is Invision Power Board free? If not is PhpBB free?
Old 22-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #29
Limetang
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbin Threadbare@Oct 22 2005, 02:14 PM
I'm back again! Someone said you get more free space on atspace if you have a forum. Is Invision Power Board free? If not is PhpBB free?
Invision Power Board used to be free, but now costs around ?105 for a lifetime of updates, phpBB is, and probably always will be, free.

Some hosts come with Invision Power Board 1.3 in some sort of package.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 23-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Ok, PhpBB it is then.