Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #61
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Stun-raids on Marsec, please, we need a LOT of Marsec armour methinks. That's going to be a pretty good laugh when the CoS buildings get HE packed to the ground (as in actually level them).

Bwahaha. Prejudice sucks and so do your puny guards, CoS!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #62
Mats
Abandonia nerd

Hmmm...OK, add me in as an android if you got one. Just put me in the waiting list with any stats and position you want. I think I'll have to start playing APOC to understand wht you're talking about.

///MJ
Mats is offline                         Send a private message to Mats
Old 23-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #63
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
that's about 1400 a raid.
That's raiding Government, allright. By the way, I'm raiding Luxury Apartments buildings, since they are fairly easy to clear.
Quote:
WOOHOO I'm loving this, badass Duke Super, blowing up everything and then some!
Today, you're in for a little ego triming. Altough your soldier has survived, he'll be out of comission for some time.
Quote:
Stun-raids on Marsec, please, we need a LOT of Marsec armour methinks.
You psychic or what? :blink: Read the report, buddy... 9 Marsec raids and 4 suits of Marsec Armor in the armory...
Quote:
Hmmm...OK, add me in as an android if you got one. Just put me in the waiting list with any stats and position you want. I think I'll have to start playing APOC to understand wht you're talking about.
Ok.
<Scribbles in the notepad: Mats - Android - Bullet shield :evil:>
Just joking. Sure, come in.

Allright. Seeing as we have five wounded from our little war against Cult of Sirius (Chosen, Predjuice, Doubler, Skumpaq, Toxik), only two of whom are in any combat-acceptable state, the next raiding team will not include Chosen, Predjuice, Doubler and Skumpaq. Toxik seems in good shape as far as he goes. Super also goes, but without his duking accesories (No mayhem this time, bud). To get a little mor shooting training during the raids, Bobbin got double Stun Grapples for gear.

Oh, and Beef on the Bone has changed her name to Beef. Women...

Ah, right. The managment decided that since there is no risk of health on this mission, you are _all_ going to the field with only basic uniforms, no armor. That's also better since you'll be able to move around much faster.

We are raiding a Megapol arms factory that has been conveniently placed near our base.

The raid was quite quick, and the results are rather apalling - so few weapons that it makes me weep.

So we're going for Marsec next.

Six raids on Marsec gave us some loot, and judging by the fact that we have raided a weapons factory, there will be some nice big guns too. By the way, I ensured that Bobbin's character has been on the front combat line all the way through, blasting away at the security agents with his twin-wield Stun Grapples. Seems like it actually did him some good - his accuracy has increased fairly high.

The raids bore fruit. We got a large amount of guns, parts for two complete suits of Marsec Armor (the flying one!) along with some extras, two Mind shields, three Motion Scanners (these things are quite useful), not to mention a huge amount of MiniLaunchers with ammo. :evil: This looks even better now...

Duke Super continues to improve even further. I have a feeling he's attempting to become a super-trooper (like if I had anything agianst...).

The raids netted us more cash, and some neato equipment. So I'm carrying out three more. Wow, two Power Swords and another arsec suit... we're really lucky.

Well, time to rock & roll at the Sirius temple - again...
Kill-team: Bobbin, Kearnsy & Beef. All are equipped with motion scanners, medi-kits and double-wield Auto Cannons with 10 HE clips.

Bobbin
Beef
Kearnsy

<Just before the front temple entrance>
Kearnsy: "So, what are we going to do?"
Beef: "Waste them, that's what we're gonna do."
Bobbin: "Yeah."
<Bobbin raises a gun>
Bobbin: "Feel the power, baby."
Beef: (sarcasm) "Yeah, riiiight..."
All: Go!

Codename: Killkillkill

12:21:01 : Almost immediately after the entry, three cultists uncover themselves. I don't think there is any need to explain what happens to the poor buggers...

12:21:12 : At least two of them. Third manages to escape into underground!

Our team goes for the second part of the temple, when two Cultists pop out and begin shooting.

12:21:27 : And they brought in friends!

12:21:32 : No way this is going to stop OUR force, naturally...

12:22:02 : No Cultist in sight, the team follows into the second part of the building. Bobbin starts firing from both guns, trying to force the enemy to uncover themselves.

12:22:19 : His actions quickly bear fruit, as a Sirius sniper begins firing at him. Bobbin runs in the direction from where the shots are coming and finds three further Cultists, whom he promptly dispatches.

Mission Summary
Mission complete, all three teammates are promoted to Squaddies.

At 12:50, first live alien sighting is reported. We immediately gear up for the mission. Predjuice and Super take some serious war-ware from the magazines, Bobbin has twin Autocannons with Explosive, Kearnsy and Beef with AP ammo, the rest - twin Marsec MG's.

Codename: First Contact
Soldiers participating: Bobbin, Kearnsy, Predjuice, Beef, Danny, Eagle, Toxix, Abi, Punch, Reamus, and - naturally - "Duke" Super in a team all of his own.

It's an apartment block.

12:50:34 : Super wears his Marsec chestplate and begins scanning the area for some alien behind to kick.

12:50:59 : Team 1 spots an alien. Kick his behind!
Bobbin: "What the hell is that?"
Predjuice: "Doesn't matter. Kill it!"
They fail to hit it, but manage to score some serious property damage.

12:51:25 : Team 2 follows to the building where the alien was seen, and Super continues to fly around. Almost immediately, two finds a Brainsucker. Luckily, they manage to kill it outright.

12:51:31 : Then they find an Anthropod, and take the bugger down. Oddly, it seems to be protected by an energy shield of some sort...
Danny: "I don't know what this thing is, but what I'm sure of is that its dead as dust."

12:51:52 : Super spots another Anthropod, coming out from the building that Team 2 _supposedly_ cleared a minute ago! He nukes it and goes to ground level to check if there are any more. Something chucks strange, exploding four-armed cross-shaped things at him, but the assailant is nowhere to be seen until suddenly...

"All hostile units have fled the combat zone".

Beef: "Okay, guys, looks like we're going to work overtime..."

A quick check of surrounding buildings turns up no results. We're going back to the base.

Mission Summary

Mission results: SupSuper Wounded, one Disruptor Cannon recovered (that's right!)

Current ACTIVE SOLDIERS (14)
Reamus
Punch 999
PredjuiceSucks
Kearnsy
Toxik
The Chosen
SupSuper
Skumpaq
Eagle of Fire
Doubler
Danny 252
Bobbin
Beef
Abi79

DECEASED (0)

IN QUEQUE (6)
Quintopotere
Fruit Pie Jones
A1s
Lonely Vazdru
Aristharus
Mats

This will be last update before the weekend. I'll try to get through the first week during that time, and you'll surely have a lot to read and see afterwards.

For example, we'll be doing the first round of vehicle upgrades, and buying some new, shiny Valkyries.

BTW, two questions to you as the players. First, would you accept a solution to the lack of recruits involving starting a new game, saving it and "cloning" the soldiers into AA game? Second, editing the save to get Stun Grapples for the entire team (& decreasing the cash appropriately, of course).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #64
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I want some action!
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 23-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #65
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As soon as the meds patch you up. I don't want a lousy pistol-armed Cultist to blow your brains out.

Oh, right... Would you people accept lower screenshot resolution (resize to 320x240) or JPG screenshots? The current ones are kind of fat in terms of filesize, and reducing it would allow us to fit more of this stuff on a single Photobucket account.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-09-2005, 11:54 AM   #66
SupSuper
Games Master

Damn, I got seriously wounded. Though my bravery's reached max. Have no fear, SupSuper is here

I think it's best to use JPG screenshots than resizing them. Or you could just use http://www.imageshack.us
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 23-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #67
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Are you playing on top difficulty? I don't think I've ever seen a disruptor cannon, though I've only played the easiest setting and never bothered to get past the second week or so.

when I said one word, I meant BeefontheBone rather than Beef on the Bone. Beef is fine though.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 23-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #68
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Are you playing on top difficulty?
Nope. Bottom one.
Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a disruptor cannon, though I've only played the easiest setting and never bothered to get past the second week or so.
For me, they began popping up in Week 2. What is unusual this time round was that the alien also had a Personal Shield, and these things usually don't appear until late in the game...

-- Reed Richards
Old 23-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #69
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Bottom as in bottom of the list, but top as in hardest, right?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 23-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #70
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Yay for squaddies! :w00t: