Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2005, 08:45 PM   #281
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
I don't care what you're saying I still think my version has a bug.
Now when I restarted the game and played, my entire crew got killed by ONE alien even before they got out of the ship. He most've shot a 100 shots and killed all my men. THAT is not normal, especially when I'm playing on the beginners level.
Hummm... Sound like TFTD for me.
Old 31-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #282
Daevilb

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian+Aug 30 2005, 10:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Christian @ Aug 30 2005, 10:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by gregor@Aug 30 2005, 08:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Christian
Quote:
@Aug 29 2005, 09:04 PM
Now when I restarted the game and played, my entire crew got killed by ONE alien even before they got out of the ship. He most've shot a 100 shots and killed all my men. THAT is not normal, especially when I'm playing on the beginners level.

why would he need 100 shots for 12 men? :blink:
Because he aims like crap. [/b][/quote]
Let me guess, if you skip using your TRAINERS och CHEATS maybe this wouldn't have heppend

Old 31-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #283
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Aug 30 2005, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Hummm... Sound like TFTD for me.
The game is THAT hard?
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 31-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #284
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

If it was a lobsterman then it's entirely likely, to begin with anyway. And yes, it's murderously difficult.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 31-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #285
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
The game is THAT hard?
It all depend on your playstyle. For me, it's just slighly above average in difficulty and the only real problem I had to adapt in TFTD VS UFO is the Aliens grenage throwing which really improved in between the two games.

Grenades hurt.
Old 31-08-2005, 08:39 PM   #286
Christian
Abandonia nerd

But I mean: ONE freaking alien sometimes shoots against my crew like 50 times. Is that normal?
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 AM   #287
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

If it really is one alien and 50 times i think it's definitly not normal. 15 or 18 times would be more than enough even with a sonic pistol. But go get them anyway !
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 01-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #288
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Having a lone Alien going berzerk on you and firing auto shots which can seems like endless, it can happen. However, did you ever heard of cover? Or/and you don't have to walk right away to the Aliens in the game. Try to ambush it or something, or throw a grenade from afar.

If it's a night mission, bring at least enough flares to give every soldier one and never advance on the mission without taking your flare and throwing it further away. Otherwise it would be a suicide mission.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:17 PM   #289
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Sep 1 2005, 10:10 AM
Having a lone Alien going berzerk on you and firing auto shots which can seems like endless, it can happen. However, did you ever heard of cover? Or/and you don't have to walk right away to the Aliens in the game. Try to ambush it or something, or throw a grenade from afar.

If it's a night mission, bring at least enough flares to give every soldier one and never advance on the mission without taking your flare and throwing it further away. Otherwise it would be a suicide mission.
Trust me, I've been taking a lot more cover now than before, and chucking grenades all over the battlefield.
But it's really annoying when one of those aliens is waiting for me right outside my ship in the darkness and as soon as I step out with my guys, 4 of them get killed (again, one aliens shoots around 50 shoots and since the soldiers are tightly clustered, at LEAST 4 of them gets killed.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #290
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian+Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Christian @ Sep 1 2005, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eagle of Fire@Sep 1 2005, 10:10 AM
Having a lone Alien going berzerk on you and firing auto shots which can seems like endless, it can happen. However, did you ever heard of cover? Or/and you don't have to* walk right away to the Aliens in the game. Try to ambush it or something, or throw a grenade from afar.

Trust me, I've been taking a lot more cover now than before, and chucking grenades all over the battlefield.
But it's really annoying when one of those aliens is waiting for me right outside my ship in the darkness and as soon as I step out with my guys, 4 of them get killed (again, one aliens shoots around 50 shoots and since the soldiers are tightly clustered, at LEAST 4 of them gets killed. [/b][/quote]
Soooo, don't have them so close to each other? Take cover? Use a tank to scout?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios