Forum hobbit

Ha! Just as I said - the only difference is in crew's photos :whistle:

Thanks for the comparison, Sebastianos!
Aguirre is offline                         Send a private message to Aguirre
Old 13-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #12
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ah. But take a look for instance at the damage control screen on both platforms... I think PC wins that one. Anyway, I think the C64 rocks, but as I said, this game is not about graphics at all... and AFAIK it looks like cr@p on both platforms...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 13-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #13
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup@Aug 13 2005, 12:17 PM
Ah. But take a look for instance at the damage control screen on both platforms... I think PC wins that one. Anyway, I think the C64 rocks, but as I said, this game is not about graphics at all... and AFAIK it looks like cr@p on both platforms...
It only looks back in hindsight. At the time, it made an adequate use of graphics, though I can't say the blue backgrounds thrill me. Who needs graphics, anyway! Go play Hidden Agenda!
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 15-08-2005, 06:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Triton@Aug 9 2005, 04:34 PM
No wonder the C64 didn't last.* Look what NES was up to in 1988...
Kind of an ironic comment considering you come to this site for older games (graphics and all).

Old 16-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #15
Aguirre
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup@Aug 13 2005, 12:17 PM
and AFAIK it looks like cr@p on both platforms...
NEARLY truth! LOL
Aguirre is offline                         Send a private message to Aguirre
Old 19-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #16
Geordy
Forum hobbit

Is it possible that the manual file is broken? (both the HOTU file and the Abandonia file?) It ends out of nowhere, the last section is repeated (->buggy), collectible objects are not explained and - most importantly - catastrophe pots are not mentioned as well. I do have the impression that the manual file is not complete.

So can anybody tell me why those catastrophe pots are exploding and what the collectible items are good for?
Geordy is offline                         Send a private message to Geordy
Old 19-09-2005, 02:00 PM   #17
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Both manuals come from the same place - the collection of old C64 manuals! I'm not sure if it's complete or not, but I can try to explain some more stuff.

The items you can collect can help you in different ways. It's best to have Spok and Scotty in the away teams (with other members) as they will analyse things and tell you either what a thing does - or which thing you'd need to do something.
I know those canisters (PSI I think) can make rebel captains loyal again and the PSI device can turn rebell ships back to loyal ones.
The Cerenkov crystal can reduce the usage of the warp drive (and some other can do the same for the impusle engine).
If I find my old notebook - where I kept all the things I found out about the game I will complete the list further.
Just remember that for some doors you really need the device Spok will tell you to use - otherwise the passage will colapse and you'll never be able to get through.

If you enter a system with Catastroph pods - you're doomed - behind soon as you decide to go to the next system they will explode and the game will be over - so write down where those pods are and awoid those systems at all costs!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
TheatreDivaChu

Has anyone else played this game?
I'm having trouble with it. Whenever I am on my way to a planet, about halfway there Spock comes up with the Mission Failed screen saying that my mission time has expired and the Klein Sphere has now become permanent.
I didn't even get to play that long!!!
Also, the screen where I select what planet to go too is spinning way too fast.
Any suggestions or help???
Thanks!!!
TheatreDivaChu is offline                         Send a private message to TheatreDivaChu
Old 18-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #19
MetalFeast666

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheatreDivaChu @ Dec 12 2005, 07:41 PM) [snapback]188683[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Has anyone else played this game?
I'm having trouble with it. Whenever I am on my way to a planet, about halfway there Spock comes up with the Mission Failed screen saying that my mission time has expired and the Klein Sphere has now become permanent.
I didn't even get to play that long!!!
Also, the screen where I select what planet to go too is spinning way too fast.
Any suggestions or help???
Thanks!!!
[/b]
The reason the game is so fast is that your running it directly from windows (I assume) and that means it will run the game as per any normal app, which is much faster than what was around 20 years ago. I suggest downloading DosBox - dosbox.sourceforge.net and playing the game that way.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #20
ajazb

Default rebel universe map

Wikipedia mentions a 3D map. Does anyone have it or know where to get it?

Thanks!
ajazb is offline                         Send a private message to ajazb