Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #31
xoopx
Hero Gamer

one of the first internet games i played was for amiga.. and it was a simple tank game.. (i forget the name) but it was immense fun.
its so much more fun playing against a human than the computer.. especially when you can mock them in text.
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 06-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #32
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

The enemies have difficulty levels like shooter,spoiler...ect! which one is the smartest?
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #33
HIJACKER from WEBRATS

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael+Mar 7 2005, 12:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Michael @ Mar 7 2005, 12:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Michael@Mar 7 2005, 12:29 AM
GAHHHH I dled it, and unzipped the file "scorch.exe" and it says it can't run on my computer.* Is this normal????

NOTE: the last time i played this game was in 1995 or so:P LOL so i feel like an idiot because the 5 year old me is more computer-savvy than i am LOL
it says
"C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SCORCH.EXE
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

so um, ya, what does that mean?:help: [/b][/quote]
Your file system is now NTFS... thats why your autoexec file is.NT. Older systems used FAT32 file structure. If you have a FAT32 partition on your HD, install it there and trying executing the file through your command prompt.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:51 AM   #34
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Elon Yariv@Jun 6 2005, 04:46 PM
The enemies have difficulty levels like shooter,spoiler...ect! which one is the smartest?
Cyborg is the hardest.
They are listed in order from easy to hard, except for 1 type that stands for a random pick. I think that's tosser. In that case the computer randomly chooses a type.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #35
Nick
Переводчик помаленьку

Send a message via ICQ to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

I have 2 those scorchs and they all shareware. :angry: This is too?

Nick is offline                         Send a private message to Nick
Old 16-06-2005, 05:51 PM   #36

You got too new Windows?

Old 16-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #37
Nick
Переводчик помаленьку

Send a message via ICQ to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

No, I meant two games. Two scorchs.

Nick is offline                         Send a private message to Nick
Old 16-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #38
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick@Jun 16 2005, 06:02 PM
No, I meant two games. Two scorchs.
I used to have the 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5 in shareware. And I guess the versions inbetween also existed at some point, though not necessarily as shareware.
Old 21-06-2005, 04:04 AM   #39
jax

Another 3D SE remake with 2D gameplay
Scorch an island

Old 26-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #40
us60

Angry

Happy to see Scorch.exe back again! I bought a shareware disk from the computer store in the early 1990's and used to spend hours in front of my computer playing the game. I ran MS-DOS with Windows 3.1 added at some point in time.

When I found this forum and a chance to download Scorched Earth, I jumped at the chance! I spent the whole night and half the next day tinkering and tweaking both the game settings and the Windows Me shortcut. This game requires standard MS-DOS, and that is not supported by this version of Windows, it kept telling me, but I got it figured out and working on this "painfully slow" 1 GHz computer! I had to adjust settings in the game as if the computer was only a 10 MHz 386 or so it seems.

I like the big explosions. A Plasma blast with ten batteries being discharged will grow to 2/3 the size of the screen, a big red ball that turns black and then red again for maybe 5 minutes, as it grows and grows. You can just imagine the radiation and the damage it is causing surrounding tanks.

Don't be surprised if a tank blows up and takes you with it.

I plan to try to install the game on my friend's XP computer. Not sure what I will come up with there, but I have seen some posts that give a glimpse of the possible problems.

Cheers!
us60 is offline                         Send a private message to us60