Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #21
Doc

this game is really hard. the in game tutorial is good it helps to start off but after that i end up going bankrupt. I've tried searching google to see if any other tutorials existed but so far no luck. if anyone has tips that might help please post them.

Old 17-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #22
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Hello business sim fans! :bye:

I like this game the first time I saw it here. It's amazing how a business simulator can be this complex and detailed, and also fun to play.
It is bloddy hard on the beginning, but if you catch the flow of it, you ar on the way up! k:

Fro those, who have financial problems in the game,
I MADE A TRAINER FOR YA!!

You can get it FROM MY SERVER k:

No more money problems.

Research: Buy a machine that can be upgraded further, like an electronics machine. Place it down and place the safety zones. Than hire researchers, as much as you can, 3-4 should do it. And additionally an R 'n D manager to keep up things. Now open up the machine dialog and click on upgrade. Move the slider right until the upper dropdown boxes come avalible. Now assign your EVERY researcher to EVERY part of the machine. Now open up the upgrade dialog again, and try to guess what materials are needed to manufacture the product on the top of the dialog. If you get it right, when the research reach 100% the machine will become avalible for producing the researched product. If you guessed the ingridients wrong, a message will tell you that the research is not complete, and tell you what ingridient you get right. Than you can research again, and guess the materials again. Better luck next time k:

Try my trainer, I worked a lot to get it together

EDIT: I'm writing a FAQ for this game right now, just help ya get started. And try my trainer, it helps a lot k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 18-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #23
Diogo
Lurker

I just want to know what I have to do to have the workers using the hand cart. I let it on their way but they never use it.
Diogo is offline                         Send a private message to Diogo
Old 18-06-2005, 03:43 AM   #24
Apoorva

At the start I can get the business running like get the factory and office blah blah but then after like a week of production for some reason I stop getting the supplies needed for producing the product. I checked and for some reason the supplies don't come .

Can anyone shed light on this please?!
Apoorva is offline                         Send a private message to Apoorva
Old 18-06-2005, 04:53 AM   #25
Morton

I'm making about 180k/mo. now with 4 machines and a lot of employees.

Heres how it works.

First, read the tutorial. IF at any point down the line you have a question, use Help thats what its there for.

Also, I should make a point about how good this business sim is. About the only thing it doesn't have is bonuses and promotions of current employees. I also cant seem to find how to move your company or buy another building. But I digress..

Next, go to File > Quick Start. Notice the placement of the operator and the engineer. Each one overlaps and does every position on the same machine. This is really important you do this this way otherwise stress will go through the roof and you'll have postal on your hands.

Now continue on or start from scratch.

If from scratch, in city mode notice the best markets. Those are good to start with. In Seattle for instance, AC Motor is on of the best markets. We'll start with that.

Rent your building for as inexpensive as possible. Look at the price per square foot.

Once you have your building, since the best market in Seattle is AC motors, lets start there. Buy an AC motor machine from the catalog. Place the operator and engineer in the appropriate positions. Buy and place safety zones in front of each loading area.

Purchase an office for your president. Purchase an office for a salesperson and a marketer and purchase agent.

Go to the menu and click hire person. Place an ad for salesperson and marketer and purchase agent.

Look in your inbox. As Pres, you need to read the reports on each. Cost is always your prime consideration, but the traits are very important too. In the beginning you can't be too picky, but if they sound bad, dont hire them. You can place one ad per position per day.

Once those positions are filled, remember to place them in their offices. Start the sim for a week. Check personalities/stress levels. Maybe buy a smoking zone for your employees. Hopefully by now you're making a little money.

You can hire an accountant now to take the load off your Pres.

And so it goes. Keep checking your profits/losses chart to see how you're doing. If you are making money, just start expanding one thing at a time. Add another machine and hire and place the operator and engineer for it. Add another saleperson. Add another marketer. Add a Foreman. Get a Forklift.

You can check how you're doing in your market by hiring a consultant. Remember, you don't necessarily want to own a market thats small as much as youd like to have a piece of the pie in a market thats huge.

You can go back out to the city view and see if the markets have changed. Or somewhere in the menus you can view all products on a materials vs. sale price basis. This will really help you see where to make cash. I eventually found that while I was selling AC motors, raw materials were common to baby monitor machine and high efficiency motor. Next thing you know I have 4 machines - 1 AC, 2 HEM, 1 BM and like 20 employees and am making about 180k a month. Thats in the tiny shop.

Eventually you'll want a clerk too. And hiring more management is up to you.

Now Im pist I cant figure out how to move the company to a larger shop or buy another shop while still owning the one I have.

Old 18-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #26
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Hmm I've searched the whole help file and see nothing of expanding your business or moving your office to a bigger house. If so, it would be a strategy game instead.
minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 18-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #27
Apoorva

Kinda sucks after you know you can't move or expand I wish someone would be able to change that.
Apoorva is offline                         Send a private message to Apoorva
Old 18-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #28
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
Originally posted by Apoorva@Jun 18 2005, 04:43 AM
At the start I can get the business running like get the factory and office blah blah but then after like a week of production for some reason I stop getting the supplies needed for producing the product. I checked and for some reason the supplies don't come .

Can anyone shed light on this please?!
This is a REAL business sim. The economy is just fluctuating as in real life. Sometime there is an abundance of supplies, sometimes there is a shortage.
Just wait for a few days, and supplys should come.
If not, hire a better purchase agent, or more of them. Or start producing another product k:

EDIT: Hey guys, I found a FAQ for the research. It lists all the needed ingridients for all products.
You can find it HERE k:

Have fun researching! :bye:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 18-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #29
RVallant

*too lazy to log in*

www.gamefaqs.com = for all your gaming guide needs.

Although the one on there for free enterprise is a comprehensive "Research" FAQ so it's no good unless you're going to do mass research. k:

Old 18-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #30

anybody want to explain this game for a linux user that can't use the included tutorial due to an emulator?