Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #81
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

The opening space battle was excellent. I was amazed when that X-Wing type ship (I forgot the name of it from that other thread) blew up and you could see the pilot flying away, amazing stuff.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #82
TheSmyth
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up

Questions?:

***** POSSIBLE SPOLIERS *****

1) There have been female Jedis in episodes 1-3, so if Leia is also the daughter of Annakin, why wasn't she also later trained as a Jedi by Obi-Wan and Yoda? Sexism?

2) If Yoda owes his life to Chewbacca, how come he practically blanks him in the next trilogy?

3) Annakin / Vader is supposed to be a Super-Sith, so how come Obi-Wan can kick his behind?

4) Who's a better Jedi? Luke, Obi-Wan...

Scores:
Obi-Wan 2 Sith-Lords (Maul / Vader) + General Grevious*
Annakin 2 Sith-Lords (Dooku + Sidious) + A load of kids**
Luke 1 Sith-lord (Vader***) + a Bantha
Yoda / Qui Gonn / Mace Windu.... 0 (Nil Point)

* And does he ever actually die? When Vader supposedly kills him, he just dissapears leaving nothing but his cloak. And becomes pure MidiChlorian? :angel:
** Minus half a point for losing a hand to Count Dooku. And his legs to ObiWan
*** Even though he never actually killed Vader. "Never mind dad. I know you slaughtered millions of innocent people... but you were just having a bad patch"!!! :crazy:
TheSmyth is offline                         Send a private message to TheSmyth
Old 23-05-2005, 01:57 PM   #83
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSmyth@May 23 2005, 11:43 PM
Questions?:

***** POSSIBLE SPOLIERS *****

1) There have been female Jedis in episodes 1-3, so if Leia is also the daughter of Annakin, why wasn't she also later trained as a Jedi by Obi-Wan and Yoda? Sexism?

2) If Yoda owes his life to Chewbacca, how come he practically blanks him in the next trilogy?

3) Annakin / Vader is supposed to be a Super-Sith, so how come Obi-Wan can kick his behind?
1. Leia was not aware she was adopted till Luke told her, and she did have small amount of power. Who says she was never trained after the Rebels overthrew the Empire.

2. Yoda never left Dagoba.

3. Obi-Wan said it himself, he had higher ground and Annakin was too sure of himself.

I don't know an answer to 4 can you really compare the two?

The rest of you post I haven't read yet.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #84
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Antykins also lost a hand to obi-wannabe-kenobi in the battle where he lost 2 legs, aswell.
Im glad I wasn't a 3d animator for this film. stars are animated, planets are animated, buildings are animated, all the clone troopers (apart from maybe when one has a major part) are animated, droids are animated (bar R2 "kickass" D2 and C"rappy"3PO I believe). largest computer animated space battle ever, I think...
Old 23-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #85
TheSmyth
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@May 23 2005, 01:57 PM
1. Leia was not aware she was adopted till Luke told her, and she did have small amount of power. Who says she was never trained after the Rebels overthrew the Empire.
But Yoda & ObiWan knew.

If the fate of the universe was supposedly resting only in the hands of Luke, wouldn't it have helped if they'd trained his sister too :blink: ?
TheSmyth is offline                         Send a private message to TheSmyth
Old 24-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #86
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

This movie made me so angry i sent emails to everyone i could find on Starwars.com (which was pretty much the webmaster) saying "Tell George he owes me 10 bucks" :angel:

Too many people got their hands chopped off, it was stupid

and Jimmy Smits didn't lay a NYPD Blue beatdown on anyone!!!
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 24-05-2005, 02:12 AM   #87
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

*WARNING SPOILER! IF U HAVNT SEEN IT DONT READ THIS!!*
*WARNING SPOILER! IF U HAVNT SEEN IT DONT READ THIS!!*

i was sad when mace windu died...
he was my favorite character...
damn u annakin...damn u... :eeeeeh:
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Old 24-05-2005, 03:59 AM   #88
cheesegrater
Game freak

Yeah, I cried when he died.
Old 24-05-2005, 06:58 AM   #89
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSmyth+May 24 2005, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSmyth @ May 24 2005, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Scarecrow@May 23 2005, 01:57 PM
But Yoda & ObiWan knew.

If the fate of the universe was supposedly resting only in the hands of Luke, wouldn't it have helped if they'd trained his sister too :blink: ? [/b][/quote]
Hmmm probably, but they did say there was a prophecy, and it seems to have told of a chosen one, not a chosen two.
Old 24-05-2005, 11:52 AM   #90
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Plus if Luke failed they had Leia in reserve. Luke was less likely to betray Leia or be distracted by her safety if he didn't know about her being his sister.

He figured it out though, and Obi only told him he was correct. They would have a difficult time training and protecting two Jedi which are not supposed to be attached to emotions too much. Luke's willingness to save his Father also put them all in severe danger because he might either surrender to the dark side and join his father or might get killed if he couldn't bring himself to kill him.

Luke warned Leia if he didn't come back she was the only hope for the alliance, and in Jedi he almost ruined everything by accidently betraying Leia's identity to Darth Vader in his thoughts

Sorry I just sort of rambled that out :eeeeeh:
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian