Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

One of the first games I remember buying with my own money. I loved SSI rpgs and the graphics for this looked awesome, but I was disappointed with this because the combat lacked the tactical elements of the Gold Box games, plus I thought it was incredibly boring being in a sewer/dungeon the whole game. I like cities and character interaction in my rpgs.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 01-11-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
iron maiden

does anybody know how to get out of the first dungeon
i found 4 keys used 3 and running in circles now :crazy:

Old 05-11-2004, 10:16 AM   #3
scorch3000

Here's a tip for you all. In the first level, you find a scroll in a hole in the wall towards the levels end. Place a dagger in the hole to complete a bonus quest, and receave a new magic dagger (no magic powers, just 2X more powerfull then normal daggers)
scorch3000 is offline                         Send a private message to scorch3000
Old 24-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #4
El Pollo
Forum hobbit

When I created the characters for my party I was able to adjust all their attributes to their maximum value. Is this an original feature of the game or is it cracked ?

I've also a nice Hint for you :

In the second level there are strange holes in some of the walls (I think 4 at all). Put a dagger into each one of them. Then go back to all of the holes and under each one you will find a big food ration. This is very useful as food gets rare in the later levels.
El Pollo is offline                         Send a private message to El Pollo
Old 03-12-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
Nathan

A friend just gave me the Forgotten Realms Archives for Christmas (which includes all the Eye of the Beholder titles), but he didn't have the manuals for the games so I don't have any of the copy protection codes. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find them? I specifically want the ones for EOB 1, 2, & 3.

Old 03-12-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by El Pollo@Nov 24 2004, 04:29 PM
When I created the characters for my party I was able to adjust all their attributes to their maximum value. Is this an original feature of the game or is it cracked ?

I've also a nice Hint for you :

In the second level there are strange holes in some of the walls (I think 4 at all). Put a dagger into each one of them. Then go back to all of the holes and under each one you will find a big food ration. This is very useful as food gets rare in the later levels.
A lot of the old AD&D games had the option to modify your stats, so you were actually able to fine-tune your chars as you saw fit, instead of relying on the dices alone. Of course it's quite boring when you run around with a party of maxed out super-humans.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 16-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #7

I have been playing EOB1 and when I go to exit up the stairs I am asked for copy protection.
I have the manual and try to type in the corresponding word but no letters appear?
Is this normal? How do I type them in... very frustrating.

Old 15-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
Digital_Jedi
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have been playing EOB1 and when I go to exit up the stairs I am asked for copy protection.
I have the manual and try to type in the corresponding word but no letters appear?
Is this normal? How do I type them in... very frustrating.
Same problem.... anytime i get to the stairs to go down on level one it opens the security check question and either the game freezes or i cant type in the box. Anyone else with this issue?

Wonder if its the new DOSbox version?
Digital_Jedi is offline                         Send a private message to Digital_Jedi
Old 28-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
slickman07
Lurker

Default Download option

Hey, where is the download now button? Is the game no longer available for download or something?
slickman07 is offline                         Send a private message to slickman07
Old 28-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's not.
That might change, however, as several members of our staff are re-checking the status of all currently non-downloadable games.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman