Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
Aldaraia

Nah, I only got a 2.4ghz single-core processor, so I don't see the CPU being the problem. I usually have to crank the cycles up to about 5000 to get the game going in good playable speed, though the confg does mention that too high of a speed causes lag, I dunno if this lag is capable of causing the keyboard to become unresponsive until I alt-tab back to DOSBOX.

Currently I've got the output mode set to 'ddraw' with the aspect set to 'true', the scaler being set to 'supereagle forced'. Both the cores and cycles are set to auto as well. I suppose I can lower the cycles below the default 3000 to see what good it will do.

EDIT: CPU spikes that cause DOSBOX to momentarily lag, should these lags ever be capable of temporarily disabling keyboard input? I've decided to give DNII another try and set the cycles to 4000 and I got a wonderful 20 minutes of playtime in before the lag happened again. I'm guessing somewhere around 3500-4000 is the sweet spot for this game if the cycles are to blame. Should DOSBOX usually be ran without any other programs running?

Last edited by Aldaraia; 09-06-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Aldaraia is offline                         Send a private message to Aldaraia