Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #11
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Yo, Japo. In the google doc it says you have the third part of Ultima, Exodus. But it's not on FTP. Can you upload it now? We've found a reviewer eager to write some words on it.
Just done.

However the archive (which I downloaded from somewhere) seems to be patched, presumably not by the game authors although I really don't know. The patch contains a program that changes the CGA palette. This game originally uses the ugly one with pink (yes, even if you emulate a CGA card in DOSBox, so it makes no difference).

I separated the patch from the archive, but there's one file the patch must have overwritten and I don't have the original, so I had to leave it. Maybe we can find an original archive from someone or somewhere else, in the meantime Arlesya can play this to review the game.

There's also a fan-made patch that changes the graphics to 16 colours:

http://exodus.voyd.net/ultima3.html

I don't think any of these patches belong in Abandonia? (Nevertheless the program that changes the CGA palette may work with any game--and it works just the same with DOSBox emulating the default SVGA.)

Anyway I also found a nice homebrew extra (maps) in the same download, and separated it too; that on the other hand will be a nice addition.

The patch also advises that the game must be played with American keyboard layout.

Last edited by Japo; 03-07-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo