Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamC23 View Post
You have a point, the world is connected with each other, except for SubSaharan Africa, which is still relatively isolated. Also, is Rasmussen a common Danish last name? I remember in that one election, it was Rasmussen vs. Rasmussen, I'm not sure if any other country has had a similar occurrence.
Yes, Rasmussen is a common surname , well until very recently it was a surname you couldn´t buy. Which was okidoki with me, but some dumbarse has screwed that law, so the "sen" named are no longer protected (bollocks to me anyway, because I wouldn´t call somebody a Dane, just because of the last name had a "sen" in it). But the "sen" part is like son. Since the "sen" is something I can´t explain why, is not the actual spelling of søn (which is son in Danish) but history has done some fun hoola hoops with that. And to confuse even more, than some people use the søn part, instead of "sen". But anyway, yeah Rasmussen is a very common surname. So sen and søn means son in Danish. So the "Rasmussens" aren´t a big family. That would be a shame in my mind. But there are many people who has Jensen, Hansen etc. So the sen-name is common , or at least it used to be.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK