Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Sturmrabe

I have been using Abandonia for years when something sparks a memory of my old days with a C-64 (my first "real" computer) and have tried to randomly click on ads and whatnot to help support the site, but I thought maybe I could do something more...

I've notices a couple of "puzzle" games that haven't been reviewed, mostly kiddie-ish ones, and my daughter love to hop into by seat at the computer and bang the keyboard when I'm not here, or sit on my lap and do it when I am, so I've been thinking of getting her into some simple old educational games to get her started on the PC...

As such if there were a Educational/Childrens catagory that would really help me find what I'm looking for and I promise I'll help review some things that most people won't cause they are adults!

Thanks!

[Edit: Well you beat me to it but I was just about to ask this be moved to the Site Suggestion section! And Educational games are certainly a specific Genre enough IMO, and sorting Childrens games would help people get them out of the catagories they are looking in and help people looking for childrens games find them... now, I would hope that there would be a way to subclass a specific game like this.. I mean there might be SOME grey area with these being GAMES and all, but something with Ducktales or Looney Toones is likely not something a teen+ would play...

Section: Educational/Childrens

MathBlaster [EduArcade]

or [EduPuzzle] or whatever... that someone would add just like the description of threads.

Now, in order to make it simpler for the admins, they could just shove children/Edu games in a catagory, and whoever reviews it could subclassify it (if it supposed to be like a strategy game for instance)]
Sturmrabe is offline                         Send a private message to Sturmrabe